The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Offroad Trailer

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
I just stumbled over an Offroad Trailer and liked the idea quite well.
Prices for a ready to use unit rise from $$12000

What would be an important requirement to you, if you want to much such a trailer upon your new Grenadier?
Which plattform to start from if you would build one DIY?

Sources from the internet:
  1. Trailer from Metalian
  2. Treeline Outdoors Adventure Trailer

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
Here in Australia we have thousands of options from a couple of thousand to $300,000 plus. How long is a piece of string really. My first offroad trailer was a simple galvanised box trailer, I added a heavier duty axle and relocated the axle from over the leaf springs to under them to give a bit more clearance and put larger tyres on it with second hand wheels that matched my 4x4 and that was it, I just threw my junk in. If you want to blow your mind have a look at the Bruder range of offroad trailers.

https://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/

https://bruderx.com/

Last edited:

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here in Australia we have thousands of options from a couple of thousand to $300,000 plus. How long is a piece of string really. My first offroad trailer was a simple galvanised box trailer, I added a heavier duty axle and relocated the axle from over the leaf springs to under them to give a bit more clearance and put larger tyres on it with second hand wheels that matched my 4x4 and that was it, I just threw my junk in. If you want to blow your mind have a look at the Bruder range of offroad trailers.https://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/https://bruderx.com/
Thanks for sharing @AnD3rew - wow, the bruderx.com source does impress, even it is not my size of shoes

CS Dunes and Snow

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone

- this is an interesting chat.

I'm also looking for an off-road trailer - for long-distance journeys with the Grenadier - when it's finally here at some point.

A short time ago I was at an off-road trade fair - there was a lot to see - but also a lot that looked like off-road but wasn't suitable for it.

Looks cool - but they are not trailers suitable for off-road use - I have more than 30 years of experience in offroad-travelling in north africa and north europe- offroad !! not only gravel.

At the fair I only saw one that I really liked - and of course it also depends on what you want to do with it.

Transportation or housing ?

The "Bruderx EXP-4" from Australia convinces me the most by far. That would be mine!!

And there is also one in Europe - I think from a Dutch importer. But it's so expensive.

My question would be - what does it cost in Australia - also so expensive?

Thanks for an answer and this new chat.

Have a nice weekend :cool:🤞

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone

- this is an interesting chat.

I'm also looking for an off-road trailer - for long-distance journeys with the Grenadier - when it's finally here at some point.

A short time ago I was at an off-road trade fair - there was a lot to see - but also a lot that looked like off-road but wasn't suitable for it.

Looks cool - but they are not trailers suitable for off-road use - I have more than 30 years of experience in offroad-travelling in north africa and north europe- offroad !! not only gravel.

At the fair I only saw one that I really liked - and of course it also depends on what you want to do with it.

Transportation or housing ?

The "Bruderx EXP-4" from Australia convinces me the most by far. That would be mine!!

And there is also one in Europe - I think from a Dutch importer. But it's so expensive.

My question would be - what does it cost in Australia - also so expensive?

Thanks for an answer and this new chat.

Have a nice weekend :cool:🤞
$100k AUD.

These are my favorites, once I have my Grenadier paid off I will probably trade
My current one for one of these.

https://www.tracktrailer.com.au/tvan/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuK35vb_f_gIV0FgrCh1USwuHEAAYASAAEgKy0fD_BwE

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

What would be an important requirement to you, if you want to much such a trailer upon your new Grenadier?

1. Trailer from Matalian
You might configure a off-road trailer with tent at www.campwerk.de I think it has been 3dog camping in the past. Great system as far as I can say as I never used it.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score

1. Trailer from Matalian
Did a previous post but Metalian is for me.
Superb trailer although i have stripped and rebuilt / fitted out.
Super comfy - I Kamper RTT with Emperor sized bed (2m x 2m), HW boiler for shower, propex gas heater for tent, 180 deg awning, 130 litres of fresh water, kitchen, massive fridge, etc
200 amp lithium, DC/DC chargers, 2000w inverter, PV, 100 lt fridge freezer,etc mean you can go off grid for months.
A real "go anywhere" trailer and with the Grenadier i am looking forward to the extra power at altitude.
The defender runs out of puff at about 4,000m altitude.
Photo on Inch Beach on the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland.jpg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
Why in Austria not talking about Zone RV? The new expedition looks amazing.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Super comfy - I Kamper RTT with Emperor sized bed (2m x 2m), HW boiler for shower, propex gas heater for tent, 180 deg awning, 130 litres of fresh water, kitchen, massive fridge, etc
200 amp lithium, DC/DC chargers, 2000w inverter, PV, 100 lt fridge freezer,etc mean you can go off grid for months.
A real "go anywhere" trailer and with the Grenadier i am looking forward to the extra power at altitude.
View attachment 7810678
I love the look of that trailer and all the bells n whistles - tiptop!

Also, trailer lights are going to look great with the rear ones on the Gren.

Nice

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7810678
That's awesomely over the top!

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m still working on building an off road pod trailer, which I intend to sell as a kit. The chassis will come fully assembled and the bodywork will be assembled by the buyer. Its a lot of work to design but I’m getting there. I’ve chosen the axle unit, and a few other bits and bobs. Still a long way off though. I’ll keep you posted on progress.6ab302-002-axle-sgb13l-braked-trailer-spine-rigid-rotating.jpg

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m still working on building an off road pod trailer, which I intend to sell as a kit. The chassis will come fully assembled and the bodywork will be assembled by the buyer. Its a lot of work to design but I’m getting there. I’ve chosen the axle unit, and a few other bits and bobs. Still a long way off though. I’ll keep you posted on progress.View attachment 7810706
Tom, that looks pretty serious. And I also just rediscovered your post from February about your idea.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I’m still working on building an off road pod trailer, which I intend to sell as a kit. The chassis will come fully assembled and the bodywork will be assembled by the buyer. Its a lot of work to design but I’m getting there. I’ve chosen the axle unit, and a few other bits and bobs. Still a long way off though. I’ll keep you posted on progress.View attachment 7810706
looks/ sounds like a great idea mate. Independent suspension is a great design for trailers, don't end up bouncing around as much

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Tom D are those parts from Knott?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My favourite is from Mountain Trail - 100% made in Australia - not in China

Yes - it's towards the top end price wise (around A$90,000) but quality v price is very good.
I don't think Mountain Trail they sell into Europe

The Bruder is crazy expensive, the Rolls Royce of camping trailers.

Patriot X1 & X3 are very good and they sell heaps into the US.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, the best i can find on the market, if you want to design your own in the UK/EU you need type approval so it needs to be off the shelf. Its a pretty good setup actually.
Please keep me informed of the progress…

Back
Top Bottom