The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Interesting Steering / Adjustment Post from Owl Vans Engineering

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
Very interesting and a great suggestion that I will try. I picked up my Grenadier yesterday and found the steering very concerning as it was requiring constant steering inputs. After checking the tire pressure and correcting it down a couple of PSI to the specified setting it drove much better.
If you have the BFG tyres, they also wear in ober a couple of thousand kms and it improves significantly. Mine was never awful but definitely improved over time

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
I’ve driven close to 3k miles in my Grenadier with about 95% of it on the highway. My speed has been anywhere from 55-85 mph and I have not had any issues with the steering. I actually prefer the steering as is and appreciate the “manualness” of the driving experience in the Grenadier.
same experience in the 3.5K I have been driving mine...

Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
Mine does the same. Power on it pulls to the left, power off, goes down straight. It's frustrating but I'm only at 200 miles. I'll call Mossy and see what they say about it.
Did you get this figured out? I just had mine at the deal for the last couple of days and the problem still persists. The loaner I had (same tires) drove dead straight.

Grendel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
Just up to around 2k miles on odometer. Steering input requirement on the highway is better now for sure. I think BFGs broke in a bit.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
I’ve driven close to 3k miles in my Grenadier with about 95% of it on the highway. My speed has been anywhere from 55-85 mph and I have not had any issues with the steering. I actually prefer the steering as is and appreciate the “manualness” of the driving experience in the Grenadier.
I have done 12,600 kms, 7,800 miles, in mine and it doesn't wander at all.
Mostly 100-120 KMH or 60-75 MPH
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw2CnkkcCb4

jsc2023

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have over 14k miles in my Grenadier. I have not had any real issues with the steering, but do see “less” inputs at lower tire pressures.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Of note - the factory BFG’s are “E” rated 10 ply tires and they have a max load and PSI of 80 lbs. I run them on 4 different Land Cruisers and a 2500 Ram. They wobble very poorly under 45 PSI IMO so I run them all at 45+ and on the Ram I run them at 60-65.

Maybe I am used to the tires and the drive feel but I bumped mine to 45 PSI cold in the front and 48 cold on the back - reset the pressure sensor and it drives very well. 1K in the new toy but tires are barely broken in.

If you are having problems - try airing up. The D rated tires go to 50-55 and the E rated go to 80. For max towing - you need them aired to max pressure to achieve the load rating. Airing down a BFG is great off-road but IMO actually makes them sloppy on the highway.

Back
Top Bottom