The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owner reviews - 10,000 miles (i'll start)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
I've had no noticeable issue with door seals. I've come to the conclusion that the hambach staff were in a very good mood when they put mine together šŸ¤£
My door seals also fine Hambach staff were happy, canā€™t say the same for the Tremec staff in Mexico unfortunately.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, I have an iPhone, and the phone itself just works, but when navigating through the grenadier Carplay the navigation just doesnā€™t work. 99.9999999% sure itā€™s the car not the phone.
There were some articles a little while back that talked about the same problems with nav and apple carplay happening in other models of car; anyone read any more about this? It could be that, or that and Ineosā€™ head unit.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Iā€™m sure youā€™ve been told this simple truth before, but you could just upgrade to something that ā€œjust worksā€. I dunno, an iPhone perhaps. šŸ˜‰šŸ¤Ŗ
Except that navigation doesn't work properly on iPhone CarPlay either.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
A few days ago I hit 10,000 miles on my odo.

Looking back on these miles and reflecting on what my Grenadier has done in this time, I think I'm now qualified to give a longer-term review, covering everything. I thought Iā€™d structure it in a way so as other forum members can add their own reviews as they hit 10k or more, and we can accumulate a database of owner reviews, not just KIA driving car journos. So here goesā€¦

Where am I?:

Southern England

What Grenadier do I own?:

Many of you may know already, but for those who donā€™t, Iā€™ve got a 2023 INEOS Grenadier 5 seat utility with the diesel engine. My specification is very offroad focused, lockers, RAI, aux battery, but with some creature comforts like rear view camera and heated seats. Finally, Itā€™s in the best colourā€¦. Magic Mushroom!

What am I using it for?:

Mainly as a daily driver, but also a tow vehicle for my business, and an offroad tourer for those couple weeks a year when I can get across the channel and to somewhere more exotic.

What modifications have I done?:

Almost immediately I fitted aftermarket Braid wheels and larger 285/70/17 general grabber mud terrains. Iā€™ve since added some Buzz Overland accessories like hinge steps and a drawer system.

What real problems have I had?:

Real problems? None. The sporadic warning messages on start up were eliminated by the software update, and other than that the vehicle has been solid.

Previous vehicles:

2003 Mitsubishi L200

2007 Nissan Navara

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2 door

2010 Range rover sport TDV8

2003 Toyota hilux

My impressions:

With the reviews we all saw before taking delivery of our Grenadiers, I think itā€™s fair to say most of us were awaiting delivery with trepidation as well as excitement. For me though, this was exacerbated by the fact I had a 3000 mile plus trip planned through Europe, mere days after collection! Iā€™ve detailed this trip on another thread, but in short, the Gren didnā€™t put a foot wrong. Since then, its pulled 3.5 ton on a weekly basis, both on and offroad, done numerous journeys up and down the country, and fulfilled its duty as our family vehicle.

As an on-road driver, the Grenadier has a unique but not unpleasant quality to it. Steering was one factor that drew much attention in journalist drives, but contrary to what they said, Iā€™ve had no problem with this at all, even when towing heavy loads. My only gripe would be that the diesel engine can be a bit coarse at certain rpms, (in my opinion an engine Vib-mount issue as opposed to the engine itself) but not so much that it causes discomfort.

Power is ample, helped no doubt by the gearbox that slips seamlessly between gears. The BMW straight 6 is a peach of an engine, having low down torque as well as a lovely tone when getting on the accelerator. Braking is very good, as is suspension on road loaded and unloaded. My utility version is definitely comfier when loaded up, being harsher when empty, but is impressive all-round nonetheless.

Iā€™ve covered towing in other threads, but just to summarise, the Grenadier is perhaps the best solid axle tow vehicle ever made(obviously in its general class). Its limited rear overhang, ample low-down torque, and dual rate springs make towing heavy loads on and offroad a breeze. The trailer control rivals the best air sprung JLR products out there and exceeds them when the going gets tough.

Offroad the Grenadier is super fun to drive. Its heavy, but not cumbersome. The site lines are brilliant, and it has all the hardware needed to rival all but the most specced up jeep wranglers in the rough. Offroad mode is a particular highlight for me, as it switches off all the nanny systems when traversing tracks, allowing you to concentrate on driving, but most importantly lets you drive with the door open!

My lockers and transfer box controls have worked perfectly since day 1, and I use the centre locker and low box weekly.

My only gripes with the grenadier would be fuel economy, (although I knew what I was letting myself in for so Iā€™m not going to sit here pretending it should be getting 40mpg), the somewhat coarse vibration at certain RPM (specific to the diesel and really not an issue, I just want to include some negatives), and the factory seat covers, which WONā€™T BLOODY STAY ON when getting in and out a lot!

Apart from that, this car has been everything I wanted it to be and more. I turn around and look at it every time I park it up, and constantly tell my wife how awesome it is when I get home from using it at work. The wife clearly agrees with me, seeing as she constantly uses it instead of her own sportscar when visiting family!

So 10,150 miles down, hopefully many more to go.
Although I have a petrol Fieldmaster, I agree with all of your observations - I too am a happy owner and have also just joined the 10,000 miles travelled club!

Back
Top Bottom