The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Motion and Internal movement alarms

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
I asked Ineos two questions, as there seemed to be some vagueness on this subject and received an interesting comment from them.
If I read this correct ferry travel is only possible with the vehicle unlocked or on long journeys disconnect the battery, and
you can't leave a dog in a locked vehicle.

To IA
Can you please advise, how do you
  1. lock the vehicle but cancel the motion alarm (for on board ferry crossings)
  2. Lock the vehicle but cancel the interior motion alarm (if the dog is left inside for a short duration)
Their response;

I have taken your questions regarding the motion alarm to our technical team for more information.

They have come back to me to advise that The Grenadier has neither of the functions you have asked about in your email that relate to specifically cancelling the alarm internally. It has been a question our team has been asked before but unfortunately this is the case.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Could you simply use one of the interior door lock buttons with a door still open to lock everything but not set the alarm?

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
It‘s crazy, lock the car with full open bonnet -> Alarm start immediately.
Open the windows, lock the car, take something out of the car through open windows -> nothing happened, no alarm…
Put the dog in the boot, lock the car -> nothing happened, instead the dogs face said…what are you doing with me.
Locked the car, and shake the body of the car as much as possible, like movement on ferry –> no alarm.

so we have an alarm, because with open bonnet starts. But I find no other situation to start Alarm.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I asked Ineos two questions, as there seemed to be some vagueness on this subject and received an interesting comment from them.
If I read this correct ferry travel is only possible with the vehicle unlocked or on long journeys disconnect the battery, and

To IA
  2. Lock the vehicle but cancel the interior motion alarm (if the dog is left inside for a short duration)
Their response;

I have taken your questions regarding the motion alarm to our technical team for more information.

They have come back to me to advise that The Grenadier has neither of the functions you have asked about in your email that relate to specifically cancelling the alarm internally. It has been a question our team has been asked before but unfortunately this is the case.
Ciao Eric,
there was another thread on this topic and someone said just to look driver's door with the physical key and the alarm sensors would be discativated.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ciao Eric,
there was another thread on this topic and someone said just to look driver's door with the physical key and the alarm sensors would be discativated.
But that is not what Ineos are saying, unless they don't know that, so much for their "Advanced Anti-Theft Alarm and Immobiliser". Non Tatcham approved, they seem to really have screwed up on the alarm spec.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It‘s crazy, lock the car with full open bonnet -> Alarm start immediately.
Open the windows, lock the car, take something out of the car through open windows -> nothing happened, no alarm…
Put the dog in the boot, lock the car -> nothing happened, instead the dogs face said…what are you doing with me.
Locked the car, and shake the body of the car as much as possible, like movement on ferry –> no alarm.

so we have an alarm, because with open bonnet starts. But I find no other situation to start Alarm.
There was a thread where someone, @DCPU I think, locked the vehicle and lifted with a high lift jack and the alarm when off.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

To IA
Their response;

Since locking the vehicle with the key, or double click the fob seems to work for some, there is still some vagueness or Ineos aren't up to speed with the alarm system

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since locking the vehicle with the key, or double click the fob seems to work for some, there is still some vagueness or Ineos aren't up to speed with the alarm system
I'm still awaiting a reply to what the exact differences are between one click or two on the closing button of the key fob. It's clear what one or two do on opening but no idea yet whether one or two for closing is better security or worse or nothing at all! IA said would be back before end of the week. Hopefully this week!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm hoping that the owners' manual will be updated soon (when the NAS MY 24s are in the hands of customers).

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm still awaiting a reply to what the exact differences are between one click or two on the closing button of the key fob. It's clear what one or two do on opening but no idea yet whether one or two for closing is better security or worse or nothing at all! IA said would be back before end of the week. Hopefully this week!
To set the alarm on the Discovery 4 I have to double click the fob. All very confusing but something as basic as this should be spelt out in the IA manual and it ain't

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
that is the same at my 5 series BMW, but as above written, the Grenny Alarm seems not very sensitive

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To set the alarm on the Discovery 4 I have to double click the fob. All very confusing but something as basic as this should be spelt out in the IA manual and it ain't
aye, and think it used to move my wingmirrors in as well on the D4, but they stopped working long ago so cannot recall!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
for the love of gawd!

I am contacting you regarding your recent enquiry.

The key fob lock bottom, pressing it once locks the vehicle and sets the alarm, pressing it twice means the car will attempt to repeat the process.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

end

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
for the love of gawd!

I am contacting you regarding your recent enquiry.

The key fob lock bottom, pressing it once locks the vehicle and sets the alarm, pressing it twice means the car will attempt to repeat the process.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

end
Except we do know it cancels the timer dwell on the get you home lights with the second push. I get the impression that their tech team have been caught short on this alarm set up clearly they initially thought they were getting a Thatcham approved alarm and it turns out not to be so. Looks like the spec of this alarm system has caught them on the hop. .

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if the MY 2024 NAS spec has the same setup?

Local time
Reaction score
Locked the car with the fob wife was inside and the alarm went off also I locked the car with the windows open and the alarm went off after about 10 mins.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Locked the car with the fob wife was inside and the alarm went off also I locked the car with the windows open and the alarm went off after about 10 mins.
Single click or double?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Need to repeat the experiment, lock the car with double click and the wife inside. But I suspect you may have to be locked in the car by the wife, to prevent her boredom threshold being reached.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
we do know it cancels the timer dwell on the get you home lights with the second push
exactly - it does something but anything more besides. oh well, truth will out in time.

Back
Top Bottom