The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alarm

Larry

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi. I have discovered that Ineos has sent out Grenadiers with ROW specs ( Rest of the World) WITHOUT a functioning alarm system.
So if your car is not from a recognised major import country - like the UK/USA or Germany there is a good chance your car does not have an alarm either.
Even though the brochures and order sheet specify an advanced Category 1 Alam- there is no such thing and no desire from Ineos to fix the problem.
The way to check is to lock the vehicle with a window open and then open any door from the inside. Category 1 alarms should trigger as you put your hand in or at the very least when you open the door - but this does not happen (except for the rear left door).
I have been communicating with Ineos South Africa and have been told that the factory is aware of this and is not going to do anything about the matter - until maybe a new vehicle is launched in 2025.
Just thought you should be aware of this

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi. I have discovered that Ineos has sent out Grenadiers with ROW specs ( Rest of the World) WITHOUT a functioning alarm system.
So if your car is not from a recognised major import country - like the UK/USA or Germany there is a good chance your car does not have an alarm either.
Even though the brochures and order sheet specify an advanced Category 1 Alam- there is no such thing and no desire from Ineos to fix the problem.
The way to check is to lock the vehicle with a window open and then open any door from the inside. Category 1 alarms should trigger as you put your hand in or at the very least when you open the door - but this does not happen (except for the rear left door).
I have been communicating with Ineos South Africa and have been told that the factory is aware of this and is not going to do anything about the matter - until maybe a new vehicle is launched in 2025.
Just thought you should be aware of this
Well there is no proximity alarm or volume sensor in the Grenadier. So putting your arm in it will not trigger the alarm.
All doors respond with a load alarm except for the drivers door.. That one doesn't trigger the alarm.
I couldn't check the backdoor or the bonnet.....

Kyabmo1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
My alarm in the US works the same as Voader-Oudersopzwier described.

Drivers door (left) interior handle doesn’t set off the alarm.

The alarm also doesn‘t appear to arm for about 3 minutes, so testing takes some patience. As a gauge it seemed to arm when the screen went dark, but this wasn’t universally true.

I‘ll add that the rear 30% door will set off the alarm. I sat in the back and waited the few minutes to arm, and it doesn’t care about anyone being in the vehicle. The bonnet lever is blocked by the door panel when closed.

Can anyone else verify the drivers door doesn’t set off the alarm? That doesn’t logically seem the way it should be. Opening it appears to disarm the system overall and unlock all of the doors as well. In most instances the interior lights did not come on when opening like this, but the door puddle light would come on.

Another quirk, if you set the alarm and exit via a rear passenger door for example and close it. The alarm will eventually arm but the door remains unlocked. Opening it from the outside will activate the alarm.

Software version is 690002070.

Back
Top Bottom