The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TOWING AND TPMS HIGH PRESSURE ALARM

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
Those of us towing heavy with high towball download will generally need 50+ psi in their rear tyres to avoid over heating (outside the EU perhaps). The TPMS will only allow 49psi max cold to be set and in a warm to hot climate it does not take long for the high pressure alarm on the rear axle tyres to be set off, this then seems to intermittently lock out the scrolling functions on the centre screen (just when you need them) . I have raised this with Ineos chat and received the following response: 'Our engineers are aware of this and there is no ETA or date when the software upgrade will be available.' I know Ineos engineers will be busy with their other projects like the EV etc and this request in the scheme of things this could be considered trite..... but could I please ask those forum members who tow to contact their dealer and 'Ineos Chat' about this and ask for a fix - surely this is a minor request and it cannot be that hard to widen the 'not fit for purpose' parameters of the TPMS they have set for the cold tyre pressures. I has at a guess that not many of the 'engineers' who programmed this have ever experienced towing with a heavy load over the rear axle in hot climates. Fingers crossed with a little effort of owners it can be changed in the not too distant future. (otherwise its a fantastic towing vehicle and great replacement for my LC100)

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will add towing to the list of tyre pressure requests listed over here (already has highway, offroad and sand pressures) and here (a Towing sub menu or additions to the existing Temperature menu).

I reminded my dealer of the thread yesterday, they have previously said INEOS staff read it.

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I will add towing to the list of tyre pressure requests listed over here (already has highway, offroad and sand pressures) and here (a Towing sub menu or additions to existing temperature menu).
Yes they need to dumb it down to work like every other TPMS... guess it's like the 90 litre fuel tank.. fine in the EU but..... :) otherwise the vehicle is fantastic, don't care about the footwell non issue, steering non issue, nor the fact it's not the worlds best rock climber or whatever, it's just a great all round tough 4x4 and excellent tow vehicle out of the box.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a difference between designing an Info console and the real world experience of using it remotely. We need to constructively bridge that gap.

Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
Those of us towing heavy with high towball download will generally need 50+ psi in their rear tyres to avoid over heating (outside the EU perhaps). The TPMS will only allow 49psi max cold to be set and in a warm to hot climate it does not take long for the high pressure alarm on the rear axle tyres to be set off, this then seems to intermittently lock out the scrolling functions on the centre screen (just when you need them) . I have raised this with Ineos chat and received the following response: 'Our engineers are aware of this and there is no ETA or date when the software upgrade will be available.' I know Ineos engineers will be busy with their other projects like the EV etc and this request in the scheme of things this could be considered trite..... but could I please ask those forum members who tow to contact their dealer and 'Ineos Chat' about this and ask for a fix - surely this is a minor request and it cannot be that hard to widen the 'not fit for purpose' parameters of the TPMS they have set for the cold tyre pressures. I has at a guess that not many of the 'engineers' who programmed this have ever experienced towing with a heavy load over the rear axle in hot climates. Fingers crossed with a little effort of owners it can be changed in the not too distant future. (otherwise its a fantastic towing vehicle and great replacement for my LC100)
Done! Emailed my local service agent and contacted Ineos through the chat system. I agree with your observations. Not being able to reset or clear the "fault" is a pain in the arse. The on screen pop up that comes up when you try to clear or reset, to check the owner's manual is useless. There is nothing in the manual advising of these limits, or how to clear or reset faults.

Reactions: IGL

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Done! Emailed my local service agent and contacted Ineos through the chat system. I agree with your observations. Not being able to reset or clear the "fault" is a pain in the arse. The on screen pop up that comes up when you try to clear or reset, to check the owner's manual is useless. There is nothing in the manual advising of these limits, or how to clear or reset faults.
Cheers, now I'm South in the cool for a while it's no problem.....guess they only tested the extremes of this feature in ól blighty and not down under in summer.. oh well... guess they'll get to it eventually. 😀

Back
Top Bottom