The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Motion and Internal movement alarms

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
There’s probably 2 different specs of alarm (base vs trial,aster for eg), so it is possible that only one has interior motion sensor. Or neither; motion sensor could be the body rocking, rather than object within car.
when locksmith opened my vehicle and we reached in to get the key, the alarm did not go off.
theres no ‘door button’ you can lock with.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7830110
Right there on the driver's door is the door lock button....
Sorry, thought you meant old mechanical button. Yes, theres a switch, but it wont allow you to lock the car with door open, same as if you push the keyfob with anything open.

Larry

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
It‘s crazy, lock the car with full open bonnet -> Alarm start immediately.
Open the windows, lock the car, take something out of the car through open windows -> nothing happened, no alarm…
Put the dog in the boot, lock the car -> nothing happened, instead the dogs face said…what are you doing with me.
Locked the car, and shake the body of the car as much as possible, like movement on ferry –> no alarm.

so we have an alarm, because with open bonnet starts. But I find no other situation to start Alarm.
Hi. I have been trying to get answers from Ineos South Africa on this matter for over 4 months now. Every Grenadier coming into SA does NOT seem to have a working alarm - just as you have reported here. I am going to try the "bonnet opening " test - but nothing else works so far!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi. I have been trying to get answers from Ineos South Africa on this matter for over 4 months now. Every Grenadier coming into SA does NOT seem to have a working alarm - just as you have reported here. I am going to try the "bonnet opening " test - but nothing else works so far!
Some time ago DCPU, locked his vehicle and lifted it with a high lift jack. It triggered the motion alarm. I contacted Ineos to ask how this was disabled for ferry crossings on a locked vehicle. They said you can't

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is no "interior motion alarm". The alarm only works on the doors and bonnet. And also if you lift (tilt alarm?) the vehicle. And pressing one or twice to lock the door is changing nothing on the alarm settings. It only ends "the follow me home" settings.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is no "interior motion alarm". The alarm only works on the doors and bonnet. And also if you lift (tilt alarm?) the vehicle. And pressing one or twice to lock the door is changing nothing on the alarm settings. It only ends "the follow me home" settings.
Sorry confusion on my part re motion and tilt. Completely agree with you. My concern is how do you deactivate the TILT alarm on a ferry. Ineos say you can't which means leaving it unlocked

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry confusion on my part re motion and tilt. Completely agree with you. My concern is how do you deactivate the TILT alarm on a ferry. Ineos say you can't which means leaving it unlocked
I understood that the alarm will not be activated when locking the door with the key.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I understood that the alarm will not be activated when locking the door with the key.
Not according to Ineos, I asked about cancelling tilt alarm for ferry travel, their response

Hi Eric,
Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.
We are happy to hear you are looking forward to receiving your Grenadier and we look forward to hearing more about your trips with your new rugged and gutsy off-roader!

I have taken your questions regarding the motion alarm to our technical team for more information.

They have come back to me to advise that The Grenadier has neither of the functions you have asked about in your email that relate to specifically cancelling the alarm internally. It has been a question our team has been asked before but unfortunately this is the case.

I hope this has been of some help and cannot wait for you to give your Grenadier a spin!

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No problem. Maybe indeed if you lock the car with only the key? You could try it? Just closed it and rock the boat, to simulate or trigger the tilt alarm? :) But would it be so fragile that it will activate on a ferry? Went on a ferry a few weeks ago, there was always one car there that activate his alarm, but all the rest aren't. And they probably also have the alarm on.... So, maybe it's not really an issue?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No problem. Maybe indeed if you lock the car with only the key? You could try it? Just closed it and rock the boat, to simulate or trigger the tilt alarm? :) But would it be so fragile that it will activate on a ferry? Went on a ferry a few weeks ago, there was always one car there that activate his alarm, but all the rest aren't. And they probably also have the alarm on.... So, maybe it's not really an issue?
That's true ferry movement (except in storms) tends to be a slow undulating movement as opposed to a jerky motion. Short ferry crossings may not be an issue.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
I take a lot of ferries here in BC. The single biggest annoyance during an otherwise lovely ferry crossing (up to two hours) is the handful of vehicles with overly sensitive alarms triggering every fricking minute. I don’t wanna be that guy.

Maybe this can be another OBD hack, once the aftermarket can spend some time with a Grenadier.

Back
Top Bottom