The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front parking sensors and Roo bar. Any pics of behind the front bumper and sensor mountings?

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
Maybe Ineos truly wanted to copy the old Defender including unique British electronics. There was a reason you could get replacement smoke for Lucas electrical components.

All joking aside there seems to be some bugs in the system and I found another way to turn the alarms off and still have a functioning front parking monitor. I have a NAS spec Ineos and ordered the factory Bull Bar from Australia. After installation I had the alarms from the parking sensor, so I turned off the Front Park Distance Control. However, then when I was driving I would get a very random clicking even with the Over Speed Warning off. So I turned off the Speed Change Info (which appears to stay stored) and the clicking stopped.

Then to experiment I turned the Front Park Distance Control back on and tested its function which worked, indicating close objects in the front.

To recap if you add a Bull Bar and are getting an alarm turn off the "Speed Change Info". This at least worked on my car.
That I believe, in the world of Software Development is what they call a "Feature" ;-) /smirk

roverso

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
The covers on the NAS bumper are plastic where the roo bar is steel. I guess that might make a difference? Here's a pic of the covers and what's behind 'em.View attachment 7843507View attachment 7843508
Many of the modern car sensors are sensitive to metals and not plastics. That is why so many new vehicles have only plastic bumpers or plastic inserts in their bumpers. So yes it's because the panels are plastic and not metal that they don't cause an issue.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many of the modern car sensors are sensitive to metals and not plastics. That is why so many new vehicles have only plastic bumpers or plastic inserts in their bumpers. So yes it's because the panels are plastic and not metal that they don't cause an issue.
I guess that makes some sense, but why would it not alarm constantly for all of us with a bar? I only get occasional blips of the PDC and have had my roo bar on for months. It took weeks before it happened the first time. I always assumed my moody PDS were the same as everyone else's since so many owners have reported it.

roverso

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I guess that makes some sense, but why would it not alarm constantly for all of us with a bar? I only get occasional blips of the PDC and have had my roo bar on for months. It took weeks before it happened the first time. I always assumed my moody PDS were the same as everyone else's since so many owners have reported it.
It appears to be a programming issue. After additional driving turning off the "Speed Change Info" while leaving the "Front Park Distance Control" on make the front sensor extra sensitive! So much so my truck was picking up curbs when I was pulling into a street parking space.

Unfortunately the owners manual doesn't really provide much detail about ADAS system and how its all tied together. Who would have thought the "Speed Change Info" would be tied to the front parking sensors as it should be related to the camera. I am guessing the car is trying to utilized multiple sensors/camera for the emergency breaking system. Things definitely need a better code.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
my front parking sensors have never been ok, they alarm all the time even when nothing is there and they sound a continuous tone with no variable tone as you approach something. I have been forced to turn them off completely. I was hoping the software update would fix it but no change.

They tell me that many other with roo bars have had the same issue. My agent who have been great with everything throw their hands in the air as INEOS seek to have no solution, they advise holding down reset to reboot the head unit but that does nothing.

Has anyone removed a front bar and have any pics of the sensor mounts? I am wondering if it would be possible to remove them and how hard it is and how much play in the wire, and 3D print a new mount that slots in the same place but extends the sensor out a little further to miss the roo bar mount?
My car has the same problem. It is booked in Monday for warranty work, but I already know they are still waiting for an INEOS solution for these errors. They don't think it is the Roo Bar, but a software issue. But until they fix it, we will not know.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@roverso (or anyone in NA with the AU bullbar) ... sorry if I missed it, but where/how did you procure the AU bullbar? I've seen maybe one third party front bar/bumper so far and I'm not loving it so I'm considering the AU bullbar and possibly side brushbars before my vehicle arrives. Which I hope is soon.

Ordered from an AU dealer or elsewhere?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@roverso (or anyone in NA with the AU bullbar) ... sorry if I missed it, but where/how did you procure the AU bullbar? I've seen maybe one third party front bar/bumper so far and I'm not loving it so I'm considering the AU bullbar and possibly side brushbars before my vehicle arrives. Which I hope is soon.

Ordered from an AU dealer or elsewhere?
Warwick - shop@expeditionhq.com.au

Back
Top Bottom