The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Knauz Lake Bluff thread

Parkside

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
I am in Michigan. I offered to do it myself but they insisted their “service” would do it.

I have bought and sold many cars out of state. Either the tax is reciprocal or they show it as an out of state delivery and I paid it upon registration in Michigan.

The only one that took a long time was a Rivian that I bought second hand from a dealer not knowing they did not have the title from the original owner. That was sketchy on their part but it got sorted out. Rivian was having trouble issuing titles at the outset.

The worst part is the non-response from Knauz.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
When I bought mine at Knauz, they registered the Ineos and handed me a plate right there and put it on for me. No temporary plate at all. Not sure why you have to wait? The finance guy in the office next to the drive in bay did it all within a short time, and on a Saturday!
Same. Got plate that day. My guess is has to do with those waiting on TEMP plates are from out of state.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do have a small edit to my comments.

I purchased the truck on 4/2 and still no plate.

I talked to the “guide” Luke last week.

His cheap excuse was “ We use a service” … I replied that “ I own a business and when my subcontractors do not perform, that is my problem..”

He weakly said he would check on it, but of course I have not heard back.

I also got the fuel fill CEL. Called their service. “ Don’t worry it will go away.”
Checked the forum, bought the scanner and reset it. Then it went away.

They are regressing back to the typical car dealer act at this point.

Hate to see it.
The problem is that all of the dealers are incentivized ($$$) to do one thing and one thing only - deliver vehicles. As I'm sure you also know, comp plan defines behavior.

Until corporate implements a Customer Satisfaction Index, I expect service at mediocre dealerships to go from bad to worse.

Good dealerships will stay good - at least I hope so.

Parkside

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will have to get after this again.

I have also found it interesting that there has been zero corporate customer satisfaction inquiry. Maybe they don’t want to know.

My Ford, GM, JLR, BMW experience is that they are very active in seeking customer experience information.

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
After bouncing emails back and forth with Knauz, they let me know that things should be sorted and I will receive my plates in the next couple of days.

Hopefully this will come to fruition, we will see.

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing like waiting till the last minute. The license plate for my truck arrived via FedEx yesterday. No explanation as to why it took so long, but it's done.

Back
Top Bottom