The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas KO Ineos - Framingham MA

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
I drove over to KO Ineos in Framingham yesterday. No vehicles there at all. The 2 demos they have go home with the current management. I may try to schedule another test drive and ask them about getting on this forum. I'd like to see better communication from them (as I have noted in other posts) regarding deliveries/updates. Relying on communication from INEOS itself is not helpful.

Thinking that a conversation may reveal more information than formal email communications.

Local time
Reaction score
Probably not the type of communication you were looking for, but I received the following from them this afternoon (emphasis added). Surprising that they were not able to get this all sorted out beforehand.

"Your Grenadier is now within the US and we are expecting it to arrive at our dealership after INEOS has completed its final quality control checks. This process can take some time at the US port of entry.

Unfortunately, we now anticipate the vehicles to arrive at our dealership before we receive our class one dealer license, which is required by Massachusetts law in order to retail your Grenadier. While we have been working expeditiously and in good faith with our local government officials the earliest our license issuance will occur is early January.

As soon as we receive our class one dealer license, we will then be able to lawfully sell and register the vehicle to you.

Thank you so much for your patience during this exciting time. We do understand how hard it is to wait for your new Grenadier to arrive, and we share your enthusiasm for the vehicle and disappointment for delays!"

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nooooo way, Jose.

If my truck was there already, I’d be on the phone to IA saying ship it to another dealer (Conn is closest but wherever) now.

Not cool.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably not the type of communication you were looking for, but I received the following from them this afternoon (emphasis added). Surprising that they were not able to get this all sorted out beforehand.

"Your Grenadier is now within the US and we are expecting it to arrive at our dealership after INEOS has completed its final quality control checks. This process can take some time at the US port of entry.

Unfortunately, we now anticipate the vehicles to arrive at our dealership before we receive our class one dealer license, which is required by Massachusetts law in order to retail your Grenadier. While we have been working expeditiously and in good faith with our local government officials the earliest our license issuance will occur is early January.

As soon as we receive our class one dealer license, we will then be able to lawfully sell and register the vehicle to you.

Thank you so much for your patience during this exciting time. We do understand how hard it is to wait for your new Grenadier to arrive, and we share your enthusiasm for the vehicle and disappointment for delays!"
That’s BS. If they haven’t gotten their license yet that is on them. I know the announcements weren’t made till a few months ago but they should’ve had this in the works before that. I for one want my vehicle ASAP and would go to Danbury to get it.

SUBVET735705769

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ko may have been the last minute, last dealer selected by Ineos; thus the delay in getting everything established. Although my truck has been delayed several months, the email in post #2 is consistent with my communication with the dealer. Routing trucks in country to another dealer may be an option instead of making customers wait.

Local time
Reaction score
Ko may have been the last minute, last dealer selected by Ineos; thus the delay in getting everything established. Although my truck has been delayed several months, the email in post #2 is consistent with my communication with the dealer. Routing trucks in country to another dealer may be an option instead of making customers wait.
You called it. I just spoke with someone at KO and asked why at the 11th hour they did not have their license. He did admit that they were one of the last dealers chosen but also claimed Framingham politics is involved.

I started by asking where the car was and when they would get it. Suffice to say I got a lot of jargon about delays, researching the options, putting together a gameplan, etc. I finally said "you really don't have any information and are just working in the dark" to which he said basically, yes.

One thing the bothers me is that they might get the car in December but won't be able to sell it to me until late January. Until then the car will be sitting in an outdoor lot. That's not cool.

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. I emailed them yesterday and they did respond this morning. I will give the person I spoke with credit. He didn’t open the “kimono” so to speak but did lay the blame on the City of Framingham. Basically the lot has been a car dealership for many years and even when they went for permits, etc. there was no issue but I guess for some reason the city is holding up their license. Not sure of the specific reason but I’m sure there’s some bureaucrat flexing their muscles for some stupid reason.

he did address my concern about my car sitting around for 2.5 months especially during the colder months. Allegedly the vehicles will be in a locked/secured parking lot and they will maintain the batteries. There will be daily checks as well. As much as that is dealing with the situation it is not ideal. To have a $70k+ vehicle sitting around for months is less than ideal.

i did call Ineos America about transferring the vehicle to the CT dealer but they said that once it ships and gets into port they cannot change the destination. I will be emailing as well to see what response I will get but it is not looking good.

Local time
Reaction score
Yes. I emailed them yesterday and they did respond this morning. I will give the person I spoke with credit. He didn’t open the “kimono” so to speak but did lay the blame on the City of Framingham. Basically the lot has been a car dealership for many years and even when they went for permits, etc. there was no issue but I guess for some reason the city is holding up their license. Not sure of the specific reason but I’m sure there’s some bureaucrat flexing their muscles for some stupid reason.

he did address my concern about my car sitting around for 2.5 months especially during the colder months. Allegedly the vehicles will be in a locked/secured parking lot and they will maintain the batteries. There will be daily checks as well. As much as that is dealing with the situation it is not ideal. To have a $70k+ vehicle sitting around for months is less than ideal.

i did call Ineos America about transferring the vehicle to the CT dealer but they said that once it ships and gets into port they cannot change the destination. I will be emailing as well to see what response I will get but it is not looking good.
Thanks for that additional info. I remember Greg Clark saying you could change dealers right up until signing the contract. That was many months ago and I guess a lot has changed since then.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is nice to see KO finally joined the forum.

This is the email I received today from KO.

“We are reaching out to provide updated information regarding our dealer licence and the tow hitch on your incoming Grenadier.

Your Grenadier is now within the US and per Ineos has had the necessary QC checks completed. As they mentioned in their email to you, Ineos did discover a software issue with the tow hitch. As a result, they has removed the tow hitch from your vehicle prior to shipping us your Grenadier. Once the software has been modified by Ineos, we will be able to install the hitch and you will be able to use the vehicle as expected. The good news is that they are removing the hitch cost from your build so you will end up with a hitch at no cost to you.

Unfortunately, we now anticipate some vehicles to arrive at our dealership before we receive our class one dealer license, which is required by Massachusetts law in order to retail your Grenadier. While we have been working expeditiously and in good faith with our local government officials the earliest our license issuance will occur is in late January.

Thank you so much for your patience during this exciting time. We do understand how hard it is to wait for your new Grenadier to arrive, and we share your enthusiasm for the vehicle and disappointment for delays.

Please feel free to reach out with any pressing questions.

Kind regards,

Ko Ineos Grenadier
510 Cochituate Rd
Framingham, Ma
508 213 0948”

This is beyond delays…

A1B2C3D4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone get any more information on the Permit?

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone get any more information on the Permit or get any details on changing dealers yet? The email someone got about late January is already worse than the early January someone else got. I never got any communication ever and have had to reach out to them each and every time.

Class 1 Dealer Application looks like 10 minutes to fill out unless you need that Special Permit. I didn't see anything on any Planning Board or Zoning Board agenda so that could be good or really bad.

I'm on my Town Planning Board. If people don't know what to do, January could easily become February, March, or April if they haven't done it before or don't have someone helping them. Longer than I am willing to wait.
Just went through all the agendas and minutes of the Licensing Commission back to August. No mention anywhere of KO Ineos filing an application. Not on the Agenda for the upcoming meeting in December either.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just went through all the agendas and minutes of the Licensing Commission back to August. No mention anywhere of KO Ineos filing an application. Not on the Agenda for the upcoming meeting in December either.
Just throwing this out there, but maybe the applications are filled under a different name - ie Sunrise Corporation or something non-automotive sounding.

Still a cluster and I‘d be very upset if they were my dealer, but maybe it is not as bad as it seems.

A1B2C3D4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, but maybe the applications are filled under a different name - ie Sunrise Corporation or something non-automotive sounding.

Still a cluster and I‘d be very upset if they were my dealer, but maybe it is not as bad as it seems.

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah not sure exactly what is going on but it just seems off there are no filings or hearings for months other Than alcohol/restaurant related businesses.

Local time
Reaction score
Nai Nan Ko is an experienced second generation Toyota and Kia dealer. The Grenadier showroom is going in next to the current Kia dealership. ROKO Alu-Cab, with Jonathan Rutherford and Andrew Burke, is next door. They hoped to have a Grenadier open house in November then pushed it out to January. If I had known back in May they were going to get the dealership, I would have kept my reservation. Now I'm crying. Just remember, it's Ineos who made everybody wait for three years, not the local dealers.

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nai Nan Ko is an experienced second generation Toyota and Kia dealer. The Grenadier showroom is going in next to the current Kia dealership. ROKO Alu-Cab, with Jonathan Rutherford and Andrew Burke, is next door. They hoped to have a Grenadier open house in November then pushed it out to January. If I had known back in May they were going to get the dealership, I would have kept my reservation. Now I'm crying. Just remember, it's Ineos who made everybody wait for three years, not the local dealers.
Well…those without hitches are waiting until KO can get their dealer license which seems to be around February. Seems to me based on communications from KO they didn’t expect to have to file all the paperwork for a new dealership since one existed there already.

Local time
Reaction score
I saw the notice here that KO had recently gotten the Massachusetts dealership (the showroom service building is under construction) and were scheduling test drives. Had a good long test drive a week ago with James Wright, director of After Sales sitting in the back seat (no off road since it was an INEOS vehicle, not theirs). He seems a solid, knowledgeable, down to earth guy, very much NOT an auto dealer/stealer type, I was impressed with the vehicle (my first test drive in one) and the experience turned me back from growing doubts due to the teething problems to enthusiastic drooling again.

Steering on highway not an issue, not as quiet as others had said, but the noise was low frequency and it was perfectly easy to understand all conversations in the cab at 70 mph. I took along a friend who had bought the first Land Rover in New England 1958. He was impressed with the Gren and said it felt like a worthy descendent.

Back
Top Bottom