The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New INEOS Email (March 28 2023)

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
I think they only get 3 cars on a transporter …. It will be a while before they clear that backlog (happy to be corrected!)

Bärenhunger

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
I got this too.

My take:
  1. They haven't lost our email addresses. Good.
  2. They apparently are still aware that there are customers out here. Good.
  3. They even still know my first name, and may be even other's first names as well. Good.
  4. And they know, that I am German. Extremely good.
  5. What impressed me is, that they even seem to know that I know Italian. Surprise.
  6. They are doing their best. Again: surprise.
  7. We will get our cars soon. Is that new?
Besides this: (void)

BUT: I've got a mail from her, The Beauty. 💫 🥴 😍

Now only The Beast is missing.
Haha, would be interesting if they checked language skills in other countries too - i was also surprised about question and answer number 5 in italian - most likely a broken email-template

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Had the same email, followed the link at the bottom of the page and got thisF7AC51A8-33C3-46F2-A489-F613295261BE.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My message was 100% in English, good, because I don't speak Italian, but the national Belgian languages (including German!) are not known by Ineos.

Some comments per question:
  • Q1: we'll deliver 150 vehicles ... what about the already >150 vehicles already at the retail partners? Will they stay there?
  • Q2: no quality issue? Software update? An update means some software bugs, a bug is a quality issue!
  • Q3: (no comment)
  • Q4: apparently this seems to be still a problem for some people who didn't sign their contract! They aren't always allowed to make changes, unless they go back to the queue of the production according to this forum!
  • Q5: series production vehicles with retail partners, and not able to drive them ... quality issues?
  • Q6: Yes I know, but the brochure is poor technical information!

I got yesterday an e-mail from my retailer:
  • 90% chance I will get my (already at dealer) Grenadier in the 3th week of April
  • 99,99% before May 1.
I don't know what to believe ...

And I agree with some people above, again very vague undetailed information:
  • Software issue ... what kind?
  • Delay in supply of which parts? Stickers? Motor? Wheels? Fuses? Manuals? Seats? Rock Sliders?
Conclusion:
  1. Good, we got some communication
  2. Bad: way too late
  3. Bad: still too vague

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Q4 was Italian in the German version. Thanks to DeepL that's not a problem but I don't want to be the guy who screwed up the sorry for not performing so well message...
So the one I received at 17:35 today .. also in italian.. - quite interesting. Once again -

Alex7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
… at least they are communicating something. I am fine with that. Better then disappearing and saying nothing. I am relaxed and I know that the task is big. Wait and see…

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
I have no problem with her email.
Ineos haven't hurt my feelings , nor offended me.
Blood pressure remains at a healthy level and my wife is still talking to me 😚
It won't be long now.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have no problem with her email.
Ineos haven't hurt my feelings , nor offended me.
Blood pressure remains at a healthy level and my wife is still talking to me 😚
It won't be long now.
@Tazzieman, you speak from my soul. I see it 100% the same way. I hold back from making unnecessary statements here in the forum. There is too much whining here. I'm looking forward to my Grenadier and I'm expecting a call any day now to pick it up.

Local time
Reaction score
My message was 100% in English, good, because I don't speak Italian, but the national Belgian languages (including German!) are not known by Ineos.

Some comments per question:
  • Q1: we'll deliver 150 vehicles ... what about the already >150 vehicles already at the retail partners? Will they stay there?
  • Q2: no quality issue? Software update? An update means some software bugs, a bug is a quality issue!
  • Q3: (no comment)
  • Q4: apparently this seems to be still a problem for some people who didn't sign their contract! They aren't always allowed to make changes, unless they go back to the queue of the production according to this forum!
  • Q5: series production vehicles with retail partners, and not able to drive them ... quality issues?
  • Q6: Yes I know, but the brochure is poor technical information!

I got yesterday an e-mail from my retailer:
  • 90% chance I will get my (already at dealer) Grenadier in the 3th week of April
  • 99,99% before May 1.
I don't know what to believe ...

And I agree with some people above, again very vague undetailed information:
  • Software issue ... what kind?
  • Delay in supply of which parts? Stickers? Motor? Wheels? Fuses? Manuals? Seats? Rock Sliders?
Conclusion:
  1. Good, we got some communication
  2. Bad: way too late
  3. Bad: still too vague
I would take anything the retailer says with a grain of salt they aren't in control.

Anything ineos says I'd take with a dump truck full of salt.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would take anything the retailer says with a grain of salt they aren't in control.

Not sure why you hang on if you feel that cynical. That amount of cynicism is what stopped me buying a new Land Rover product.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same information given 5-6 weeks ago but confirming parts are missing or need replacement and software still plaguing then after all these weeks. At least it's something. The same "as we expect to ramp up" made me laugh a bit. Good news, they have no quality issues at all. So, we should have flawless vehicles from day one deliveries.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
Thank you IA (Lyn Calder) for the update and may they continue on a regular basis.

Nice words, some broad info but all you need to know is in the response to Q1 & Q2.

My take is that these "batch & hold" production "issues" are more serious than we here believed.

Hold tight.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

OK, I agree, but when I am looking at your profile picture, you also need some buckets of salt to defrost your face and the landscape 🤔 :ROFLMAO:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good news. I can test drive a production model before my contact comes at this rate!!!

Back
Top Bottom