The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New INEOS Email (March 28 2023)

Christoph

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
We need to do better

Hi Christoph,

We’re experiencing one of the toughest supply chains in recent memory. So, I don’t think it’s a shock to most of you that building the Grenadier in this environment was always going to be challenging.

But, while we’ve been systematically working through the challenges with some success, we haven’t done a great job of keeping you, our prized customer, up-to-date.

In some cases, it’s been difficult to be as precise as we’d all like, because we don’t want to keep over-promising and under-delivering. But there’s good news coming out of Hambach. We have vehicles on their way to retailers and customers, and our ramp-up will improve further over the coming weeks. We’re working extremely hard to ship vehicles out of France to you, and doing everything possible to bring forward delivery dates.

But we understand that each of our customers is in a unique situation, which makes it difficult to give you the detail you require in a group email.

So, we’ll work over the coming weeks to be a bit more tailored and personal in our communications, with the help of our partners, and give you the best updates we can.

As I said last month, we’re genuinely on the cusp of delivering your Grenadier. And please believe me that I’m just as impatient to see Grenadiers out on the road, and to get your feedback. I’m sincerely sorry for the wait.

And, in the meantime, here’s as much detail as we can give you, in the form of answers to the big questions we’re getting asked right now.

Lynn Calder,
CEO, INEOS Automotive

GRENADIER Q&A

Q1. What is the likely vehicle delivery schedule at the moment?In the next two weeks, we’ll deliver 150 vehicles to our retail partners, with customer deliveries following immediately after. We continue to refine our quality processes and timings with manufacturing, which is why we’re not providing a precise delivery date in your contract.

Q2. What’s causing the delay for my handover? I hear there are quality issues.

There are no quality issues. On the contrary, launch series vehicles are exceeding our expectations. There is a build-up of finished vehicles at the end of the line, due to a delay in the supply of a few parts, and due to a software update delay. We’re resolving these now, so we can clear the first vehicles and get them delivered to our retail partners. Right now, we want to ensure each Grenadier – and every component – meets our quality standards. To do that, we’re putting each vehicle through an ‘overcheck’ procedure at the end of the line. That’s slowed our progress, but we’re getting back on track as quickly as we can.

Q3. How will I receive my contract?

If you are based in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Austria or South Africa, you’ll receive an email via DocuSign requesting an eSignature on your sales contract. You’ll get a copy for your own records.

For all other markets, a few days before your vehicle enters production, your retailer will be in touch. To organise a suitable date and time to sign the sales contract, and to answer any questions you may have.

Q4. I want to make a change to the vehicle specification that I’ve ordered. How do I do this?

If you’ve signed your contract, your configuration has already been fed into the production schedule, so you can’t make any changes. If you haven’t signed your contract, please contact your Retail Partner for any changes to vehicle specification.

Q5. I would like to test drive the production vehicle. When will this be possible and how can I book this?

We’re already delivering series production vehicles to our retail partners, so you can test drive the Grenadier very soon. A map showing your nearest retail partners is available on the website, which will also host a test drive booking request page soon – and we’ll let you know when that goes live. We’re also continuing to deliver test drive events with a fleet of late prototypes (soon to be replaced by series production vehicles). Check our website for details of events near you.

Q6. I’d like to find more technical information about the Grenadier. Where can I find this?

For more information on product features and specifications, please visit our website www.ineosgrenadier.com and download our brochure.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Didn‘t get this until now… I hope there are no problems with t-online.de addesses…

Paul Cooper

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
We need to do better

Hi Christoph,

We’re experiencing one of the toughest supply chains in recent memory. So, I don’t think it’s a shock to most of you that building the Grenadier in this environment was always going to be challenging.

But, while we’ve been systematically working through the challenges with some success, we haven’t done a great job of keeping you, our prized customer, up-to-date.

In some cases, it’s been difficult to be as precise as we’d all like, because we don’t want to keep over-promising and under-delivering. But there’s good news coming out of Hambach. We have vehicles on their way to retailers and customers, and our ramp-up will improve further over the coming weeks. We’re working extremely hard to ship vehicles out of France to you, and doing everything possible to bring forward delivery dates.

But we understand that each of our customers is in a unique situation, which makes it difficult to give you the detail you require in a group email.

So, we’ll work over the coming weeks to be a bit more tailored and personal in our communications, with the help of our partners, and give you the best updates we can.

As I said last month, we’re genuinely on the cusp of delivering your Grenadier. And please believe me that I’m just as impatient to see Grenadiers out on the road, and to get your feedback. I’m sincerely sorry for the wait.

And, in the meantime, here’s as much detail as we can give you, in the form of answers to the big questions we’re getting asked right now.

Lynn Calder,
CEO, INEOS Automotive

GRENADIER Q&A

Q1. What is the likely vehicle delivery schedule at the moment?In the next two weeks, we’ll deliver 150 vehicles to our retail partners, with customer deliveries following immediately after. We continue to refine our quality processes and timings with manufacturing, which is why we’re not providing a precise delivery date in your contract.

There are no quality issues. On the contrary, launch series vehicles are exceeding our expectations. There is a build-up of finished vehicles at the end of the line, due to a delay in the supply of a few parts, and due to a software update delay. We’re resolving these now, so we can clear the first vehicles and get them delivered to our retail partners. Right now, we want to ensure each Grenadier – and every component – meets our quality standards. To do that, we’re putting each vehicle through an ‘overcheck’ procedure at the end of the line. That’s slowed our progress, but we’re getting back on track as quickly as we can.

If you are based in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Austria or South Africa, you’ll receive an email via DocuSign requesting an eSignature on your sales contract. You’ll get a copy for your own records.

For all other markets, a few days before your vehicle enters production, your retailer will be in touch. To organise a suitable date and time to sign the sales contract, and to answer any questions you may have.

Q4. I want to make a change to the vehicle specification that I’ve ordered. How do I do this?

If you’ve signed your contract, your configuration has already been fed into the production schedule, so you can’t make any changes. If you haven’t signed your contract, please contact your Retail Partner for any changes to vehicle specification.

Q5. I would like to test drive the production vehicle. When will this be possible and how can I book this?

We’re already delivering series production vehicles to our retail partners, so you can test drive the Grenadier very soon. A map showing your nearest retail partners is available on the website, which will also host a test drive booking request page soon – and we’ll let you know when that goes live. We’re also continuing to deliver test drive events with a fleet of late prototypes (soon to be replaced by series production vehicles). Check our website for details of events near you.

Q6. I’d like to find more technical information about the Grenadier. Where can I find this?

For more information on product features and specifications, please visit our website www.ineosgrenadier.com and download our brochure.
Got the same e-mail.
I note the question and answer to Q2 doesn't mention vehicle registration.
If they are reading any areas of social media i would have thought it sensible to deal with that issue.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Q4 was Italian in the German version. Thanks to DeepL that's not a problem but I don't want to be the guy who screwed up the sorry for not performing so well message...

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect this means that they have cracked it and vehicles will be out very soon. I think if deliveries were a way off there would still be radio silence.

I’m taking this as good news. Even though we are all still waiting.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was a bit vague tbh. It would have been better imho to have shared some granular detail on the delays. We’re all grown ups and sold the Ineos story; we’re not soccer mums….

Reading between the lines suggest that week three in April will be delivery for the veh in transi. I wonder what the position is for those vehicles already gathering dust in dealers yard’s…

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
How does the recent discovery of revised type approval fit into the delays - should it be filed under software update?

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Was a bit vague tbh. It would have been better imho to have shared some granular detail on the delays. We’re all grown ups and sold the Ineos story; we’re not soccer mums….

Reading between the lines suggest that week three in April will be delivery for the veh in transi. I wonder what the position is for those vehicles already gathering dust in dealers yard’s…
Yup. Better to say they have a problem with a defective fuel pump in the bmw engines and are swapping them out before delivery or whatever the hell is going on. I'm hating corporate ineos right now.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Lots said we hadn’t been communicated with and now we have, has it changed a single thing. Not in my opinion.

I don’t think I know anymore or less than I did two hours ago.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yup. Better to say they have a problem with a defective fuel pump in the bmw engines and are swapping them out before delivery or whatever the hell is going on. I'm hating corporate ineos right now.
I really believe they’ve missed a trick on the comms.. I think they’re treating us as normal car buyers and they would have garnered deeper loyalty to the project by being more open. It would have been, and still could be the great difference between JLR, bmw, Mercedes etc.

still, at least we’re getting something in the information front.

Salty

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
We need to do better

Hi Christoph,

Lynn Calder,
CEO, INEOS Automotive

GRENADIER Q&A

It's a welcome long due update, lets not attack the messenger, frustrating as it is, this will be a good product.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I got this too.

My take:
  1. They haven't lost our email addresses. Good.
  2. They apparently are still aware that there are customers out here. Good.
  3. They even still know my first name, and may be even other's first names as well. Good.
  4. And they know, that I am German. Extremely good.
  5. What impressed me is, that they even seem to know that I know Italian. Surprise.
  6. They are doing their best. Again: surprise.
  7. We will get our cars soon. Is that new?
Besides this: (void)

BUT: I've got a mail from her, The Beauty. 💫 🥴 😍

Now only The Beast is missing.

Last edited:

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
It's a welcome long due update, lets not attack the messenger, frustrating as it is, this will be a good product.
It's like your loved one being in surgery and the docs coming out and saying there's been some unforseen complications...just wait for an update... And then doesn't say what's going on.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Lotus Evora was delayed for weeks due to a late shipment of missing seat belts. Could be something as simple but essential as that. Hopefully not a technical issue with the vehicle.

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Gentlemen, gentlemen, pray respect for a quality demonstration of skill. The (lovely: quote emax!) lady has spoken (well, written, I suppose) and we have about the best example of corporate public relation speak that I have seen from IA.

The skill there is in producing the necessary volume of reassuring words that carry all the right messages without actually saying anything of value, fact or commitment. Impressive if totally unsatisfying……

I’m off back to my corner and sitting patiently.

Back
Top Bottom