The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New INEOS Email (March 28 2023)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
And I agree with some people above, again very vague undetailed information:
  • Software issue ... what kind?
  • Delay in supply of which parts? Stickers? Motor? Wheels? Fuses? Manuals? Seats? Rock Sliders?
Has any manufacturer divulged this sort of information about a new model , ever?

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
I’m still perplexed as to how Mark Tennant, could produce that video apologising and assuring us deliveries would start in December 22.
After millions of miles of testing, we are still here 4 months later waiting.

You don’t ship cars to dealers/agents with missing parts….I sense a lack of authenticity on IA’s part.
Software, revised type approval, just come clean, the real reason it will leak out eventually.

Dave F

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As a result of the latest “update “ I can now add “We must do better” to the list of popular phrases / terms that cause my blood to boil !
Others include “ we have been very clear on this “ coming from a Politician ,
“like “ which must be the most overused / wrongly used word in the language , “going forward “ etc etc etc etc.
To miss the deadline for the update for me was unforgivable.Even if the update was there is no update , it should never have been missed having been promised.

It just amazes me that it is seen as a good idea to communicate in this way rather than simply giving us an honest account of what is going on .We are all signed up to the IG . I would much rather be told facts instead of corporate BS , lots of words and not much detail.

And breathe ……….! It’s getting harder to keep the faith.

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
And then what? A class action based on hurt?
C'mon man!
Tazzieman - you are so relaxed you must be used to really crap service and low expectations.

How do you plan your business when key assets don't arrive when they are expected, have any guidance as to likely delays or meaningful communication from a supplier. Or maybe your Grenadier isn't for business, its for heading into the outback on one of those crocodile Dundee wannabe trips?

Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
Tazzieman - you are so relaxed you must be used to really crap service and low expectations.

How do you plan your business when key assets don't arrive when they are expected, have any guidance as to likely delays or meaningful communication from a supplier. Or maybe your Grenadier isn't for business, its for heading into the outback on one of those crocodile Dundee wannabe trips?
Tartan Shepard, how about lightening up on insults to other posters? Insulting others on the forum isn't going to make your Grenadier arrive sooner, is it?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Tartan shepherd, Buying a vehicle which has never been built before is a unique experience and not something one should venture into if time if of the essence. I would put money on it that you will have your vehicle by summer. If that is not soon enough, you should maybe consider a cancellation and buy something that will light your fire.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
I don't visit this forum often, but am catching up on a few threads.
Many posters have whined/criticized Lynn Calder's email for lack of precise details of what is causing delays (some suggesting details to a component level).
I would ask "in what world do they think Ineos would release such details?"
Ineos cannot do this as many/most of the individual components come from 3rd parties and there is no way they are doing to divulge this information, that would damage their supplier relationship. remember they are a small entity in the vehicle manufacturing business and easily can be "de-prioritised" if a supplier's part is mentioned as an excuse for production delays....
And giving problem details to a component level just opens them up to lawsuits......

I well remember an article (not related to Grenadier) published at the beginning of the Ukraine war that something like 80% of vehicle wiring looms come out of one factiry in Ukraine, implying that this could cause production delays across the industry....
And every vehicle manufacturer is apparently having supply chain issues. so the fact that this tiny new vehicle manufacturer has missed their published deadlines (mistake there in being too open!) does not surprise me.
Finally: as Lynn Calder has mentioned, they are trying to deliver trpouble-free vehicles to their customers.

So my take is that:
(1) They were too open and optimistic in their delivery statements
(2) both supply chain issues and refining the manufacturing process have slowed deliveries
(3) Unexpected software glitches (many mentioned in various posts) have slowed the release of vehicles (both from factory and dealerships)

Now, vehicles are landing in customers hands in Europe and the UK, so more interesting than the incessent whining (and forum chatter) will be to hear the real experiences of these owners after driving their vehicles......

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't visit this forum often, but am catching up on a few threads.
Many posters have whined/criticized Lynn Calder's email for lack of precise details of what is causing delays (some suggesting details to a component level).
I would ask "in what world do they think Ineos would release such details?"
Ineos cannot do this as many/most of the individual components come from 3rd parties and there is no way they are doing to divulge this information, that would damage their supplier relationship. remember they are a small entity in the vehicle manufacturing business and easily can be "de-prioritised" if a supplier's part is mentioned as an excuse for production delays....
And giving problem details to a component level just opens them up to lawsuits......

I well remember an article (not related to Grenadier) published at the beginning of the Ukraine war that something like 80% of vehicle wiring looms come out of one factiry in Ukraine, implying that this could cause production delays across the industry....
And every vehicle manufacturer is apparently having supply chain issues. so the fact that this tiny new vehicle manufacturer has missed their published deadlines (mistake there in being too open!) does not surprise me.
Finally: as Lynn Calder has mentioned, they are trying to deliver trpouble-free vehicles to their customers.

So my take is that:
(1) They were too open and optimistic in their delivery statements
(2) both supply chain issues and refining the manufacturing process have slowed deliveries
(3) Unexpected software glitches (many mentioned in various posts) have slowed the release of vehicles (both from factory and dealerships)

Now, vehicles are landing in customers hands in Europe and the UK, so more interesting than the incessent whining (and forum chatter) will be to hear the real experiences of these owners after driving their vehicles......
I have absolutely no issue with delays caused by suppliers. Nor software or hardware replacements. I have issues with the way Ineos treats its Customer base. Their lack of attention to customers concerns is atrocious.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

You should have tried ordering a new Range Rover at a daft price - zero contact from dealer - then after ridiculous delay spec down grades and price increases and more delay - I cancelled and no one bat an eye - oh ad to that uninsurable in a London post code - my dealings with INEOS inc the agent have been refreshingly competent and well informed - maybe I will be disappointed but as of now the comparison between manufacturers has been quite stark - I tracked the grenadier from initial launch and was tempted to order at day 1 but the order opening countdown was so amateur and stated position of servicing etc was so inadequate I passed but from my perspective they have sharpened up in the subsequent period but I accept they could be sharper - sadly manufacturers in business for decades are also awful - it’s the industry seemingly - I had an Ariel Atom for some years and they were a dream to deal with - the agent today reminded me positively of that enthusiasm for the product but i am sure there is wide variation between agents - hopefully reality will not disappoint

Back
Top Bottom