The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vital Info Forum Guidelines (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
Translate here

Hi my name is Stu and in August 2021 I set out to create an organized and friendly community dedicated to the INEOS Grenadier and its derivatives, known as theineosforum. I wanted this to be distinct of the usual platforms such as reddit and Facebook, free of advertisements and a truly independent forum in this current world of clickbait.

The mission of theineosforum is to provide INEOS Grenadier enthusiasts an informative, organized, and friendly community to discuss and learn about the Grenadier and in future to troubleshoot, modify and maintain their vehicles. There is a dealer presence on the forum which is greatly appreciated and it is hoped that this will grow, both in benefit for the dealers participating and with the forum members.

theineosforum is designed to be very easy to navigate whether you are using a desktop computer, tablet, or mobile phone. The community is built on the basis of contribution from individuals with a wide array of personal and professional knowledge that are willing to help, guide and encourage members both new and old with the purchasing, owning and operation of the INEOS Grenadier. Even the most experienced can learn something new here and we always approach each discussion with a "no stupid questions" mindset.

I am hoping to get popular industry vendors onboard as and when their products are made available for the Grenadier. So if you speak to one of the third party vendors please mention the forum and we can open dialogue for forum discounts, product promotions and hopefully sponsored product give aways.

As mentioned a few times above, it is important to me that our forum is a welcoming and organized resource which people will continuously want to come back to. Without those core principles, we risk the generous and inclusive international community we've built and we could eventually become one of the entrenched motoring forums where there can be no better vehicle than X…..mentality Remember there’s more than one way to fix a leaky radiator in the field and there may be more one answer to a question and opinions by the dozen.

This is an international forum, there are people here who do not speak English as a first language, and even with those that do the cultural differences can be varied. So please before you flame someone, complain, or moan about someones posts, pause and think from their point of view before you act. This is a forum for adults and as such you are expected to take and accept someone else’s opinion even if it is different to yours, agree to disagree that’s the case, not try and force someone else to conform to your point of view.

I, along with any moderators, will do our best to ensure that doesn't happen and I ask all members do the same by abiding to the following set of guidelines.

• Use respect and courtesy when you have a different opinion than other members. People often come to this forum with questions about the Grenadier, they are looking for advice on how to buy, the ordering process and technical specifics. I encourage everyone to participate in the various discussions this creates, there may be several correct answers or maybe no right answer -- only suggestions, and thats ok. Disagreeing with other members is perfectly acceptable as long as you state your opinion or mere conjecture and use a respectful tone in your writing, the experience will be better for everyone if we remember this. If you have an opinion and someone else has the polar opposite then please be tolerant, trying to force someone to see your point of view rarely works face to face and almost never does virtually. As stated earlier the forum language is primarily English, however this may be a second or even third language for some of the members and this must be borne in mind.

• Use good taste when posting and while I don't mind the occasional expletives, please do not use them in a derogatory way toward a member, their vehicle, a brand, or anything else. Slander and racial slurs are not allowed with no exceptions. Deliberate trolling will not be tolerated. Having said that though, you are expected to take a critique of your opinion on the chin and not just complain to the moderators. If you say something pretty silly then you'll probably get called out for it.

• "Use the search function" should not be an answer to any question. One of the main purposes of being on this forum is to learn and teach others about a very new and somewhat unknown product, the Grenadier. Replying to people by just stating that their question has already been asked and answered before and that they should've searched first, is not helpful to them, please help by linking an existing thread which discusses their question, it concentrates the knowledge and makes searching easier for future members.

• Please try and post in the relevant section of the forum. It helps tremendously when searching in the future for specific content, if you are unsure then state that in your post and one of the moderators will assist, or usually one of the forum members will chime in first. As a rule of thumb, if you're unsure then post in the General section of the Grenadier pub

• A newbie question is not a stupid question. Not everyone has been dealing with solid axle ruggedized vehicles for years and not everyone has mechanical or DIY experience. Do not shame someone for asking a question that you believe they should already know the answer too. Feel free to help them troubleshoot to the best of your ability or wait for someone else to respond.

• Do not link to or post sexually explicit images, graphic images, or illegal content, in threads, avatars, or anywhere on the forum. Please keep potentially NSFW (not safe for work) posts to our off-topic section in the grenadier pub section of the forum. In the same vein, please think before posting particularly uncouth remarks or comments however tongue and cheek they may be.

• Unsolicited sales of any kind are strictly off the cards. Any company wishing to use theineosforum.com for any and all sales activity or promotion must request a corporate account. Its against the Forum guidelines to promote a business, group or entity that you are directly affiliated with without prior agreement or a commercial account.

• Malicious and/or slanderous language/behavior is not permitted and will result in disciplinary action potentially resulting in suspension of account. This also extends to baiting, trolling and persistent defamatory statements.

• As touched on above, the forum is an international community. The main working language of the forum is English, however if you are not comfortable posting in English then there are several services available to translate https://www.deepl.com/translator is a great option. Please make the effort to post in English, if no other reason then you will get a much better response to your thread or post if the main bulk of the community members can understand it. If you decide not to then that is your choice. One rule however is that thread topics must be translated into English by the thread starter if they are also posted in another language.

• If you are re-posting from elsewhere, please do the common courtesy of crediting the source if you are able. It helps to verify the original source material independently and promotes awareness of the materials originator.

• Please if you need to contact somebody external to this site, do not post their email address, phone number or physical address unless you have been given the ok by the recipient. If you feel the need to pass on then then put in your post that members should 'direct message' you for more info.

• First posts by new members will be held until moderated by one of the site staff. Sadly this has had to be implemented due to the increased spam and bogus accounts which have been made.

At this time, I do not feel the need to make this list of basic rules any longer than this. We have a history, however short of great behavior between members and a need to seldom moderate posts. I do however reserve the right to update these rules as necessary and moderators may take disciplinary action on an account when they feel it is necessary.

We are all adults here I and just ask you use your common sense when engaging in discussions. Don't attempt to circumvent these rules in some clever way. Loopholes are immature and immediately reveal your questionable integrity, so don't bother!

Discussion or debate of politics or religious topics are not recommended anywhere on theineosforum. I think we can all agree that allowing these topics would never end well and are better suited for other platforms.

In closing, repeatedly ignoring these guidelines can result in account suspension and or outright banning from the platform. Willful attempts to circumvent these guidelines will result in an outright banning from the platform , its pretty sad that this last line is here to be honest, but as ever, circumstances dictate.

Stu.

Updated 19 March 2024

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom