The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Surrey UK + TBA pimp my Grenadier thread...

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
Long term lurker. Hello to all. Grenadier ordered what seems years ago and arriving this month at Volvo dealer in London (?) next month. I'm told.
Black 5 seater normal one, rough pack, aux battery, rear camera, cubby box, alloy wheels, rock sliders, KO2's, F+R parking sensors, solid rear window...

1679580894524.png

But this is only the beginning...

Box made for "vermin control and wildlife conservation" ready...

Modifications planned:

Black out to chrome strips on grill and black the silver roof alpine handles

Gunmetal metal exterior badges

Breitling clock for compass hole (bought)

Red Hex leather seat centres with black stitching ( ordered)

Black leather seat bolsters with red contrast stitching

1679581507321.png

Grenadier die stamp embossing to leather headrests (like Porsche do) .

Red Hex leather to door panels

Black Alcantara with red stitching covers to all black grab handles, steering wheel and gearbox shifter boot

Red LED’s below dash level/ in all footwells ( bought)

Spare mounted in boot between wheel arches

Red fill in to rear "Grenadier" and Lamda stamp on rear door

Proper 3.5 tonne bottle jack to rear with recovery kit ( from my old G wagon)

Stay open catches to rear doors

Beer fridge to rear cargo area ( Waeco from old 4x4)

Wheel spacers

Staun deflators ( old ones)

ARB air pump ( old one )

£1.99 Yellow tint to headlights ( Grenadier has no foglights, the grill ones are driving lights so no good for fog as they only run undipped and therefore glare) (ebay)

Underbody guards black powder coated

Rear light guards black metal made in G logo shape

Upgraded loud horn ( toot one keeps it legal) ( bought)

Aerofoil to wipers ( cant find them but might dismantle some new wipers to get them) )

A number of various detection and counter measure devices for radar, laser and bluelight tetra radio activity. Strictly for off road use only ;) ( from old car)

Shorter UK registration number - normal ones dont look good on the back (TBA)

And as this is a public forum let me make it clear - I won't be invalidating my warranty with a superb engine and gearbox remap that provides smoother driving, better acceleration and fabulous torque increases.

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Ooops...forgot to say mine is a Turbo Weasel

BarnesH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Obviously a fan of red! Sounds awesome, when you say "Spare mounted in boot between wheel arches" do you mean the spare wheel? Won't the gun box be going there?

I'm getting the recovery points sprayed red (just like in the old configurator) and the "A" on the boot door and in the bonnet in Red, probably some kind of wrap.

Rear drawer system from Gearmate in UK for shooting season & fridge on a slide.

Mine is a green Trialmaster with roof rack, winch & light bar. It has been born, awaiting delivery to North Yorkshire.

Reactions: PBD

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Obviously a fan of red! Sounds awesome, when you say "Spare mounted in boot between wheel arches" do you mean the spare wheel? Won't the gun box be going there?

I'm getting the recovery points sprayed red (just like in the old configurator) and the "A" on the boot door and in the bonnet in Red, probably some kind of wrap.

Rear drawer system from Gearmate in UK for shooting season & fridge on a slide.

Mine is a green Trialmaster with roof rack, winch & light bar. It has been born, awaiting delivery to North Yorkshire.
Gearmate looks good but already had this gunbox, I think it'll have to go above spare wheel as it's too wide.

Thought about a Trialmaster but didnt want raised air intake and tried to keep the price down...switched from Green at the last minute as there would be too many colours going on, but slightly regretting it...

Maybe see you at the Badger in Harrogate the next time I'm up there

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What is the "Vermin control and wildlife conservation" box ?

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
A box for an air rifle.. - .. quite some effort . do you have to do it by law?
Well by law you have to be 14 and a member of a club to use one so I thought best keep it safely locked away from any toddlers

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well by law you have to be 14 and a member of a club to use one so I thought best keep it safely locked away from any toddlers
And if you bring it over the border to Scotland you will require a Licence. No age requirement nor membership of a gun club though

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Good news though, on a friend's last trip up in the north of Scotland, he saw a lot of red squirrels. What a sight he said.

So many he almost ran out of ammo. Thankfully he managed to bag them all. Phew. A whole cool box of little ginger nutkins. Anyway all in a good day's work protecting the regular grey ones from the red invader.

#conservation

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Thought about a Trialmaster but didnt want raised air intake and tried to keep the price down...switched from Green at the last minute as there would be too many colours going on, but slightly regretting it...

What a shame you have had to build your new Grenadier on a budget 😂 If you had access to more funds you would have been able to push the boat out on the upgrades.

Some of the upgrades sound interesting for sure. I like your conservation box, will you have to break your ‘air rifle” down , as it doesn’t look like it will fit your box.

I have the same issue with my air rifle, and I am currently trying to think what the best way of stowing it in vehicle will be at the minute.

Welcome aboard by the way

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wouldn't let any toddlers or children near my Grenadier....ever :ROFLMAO:

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good news though, on a friend's last trip up in the north of Scotland, he saw a lot of red squirrels. What a sight he said.

So many he almost ran out of ammo. Thankfully he managed to bag them all. Phew. A whole cool box of little ginger nutkins. Anyway all in a good day's work protecting the regular grey ones from the red invader.

#conservation
Oh dear 😞

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
I think Tomato’s comment was made tongue in cheek. What he clearly meant is they are also shooting the grey ones as well. Otherwise that would be discrimination !!

Back
Top Bottom