The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Surrey UK + TBA pimp my Grenadier thread...

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Good news though, on a friend's last trip up in the north of Scotland, he saw a lot of red squirrels. What a sight he said.

So many he almost ran out of ammo. Thankfully he managed to bag them all. Phew. A whole cool box of little ginger nutkins. Anyway all in a good day's work protecting the regular grey ones from the red invader.

#conservation

@Tomato - I do hope your posting was not factual.

In Scotland, Red squirrels are fully protected by law and it is a serious offence to: kill or injure a red squirrel; damage, destroy or obstruct a squirrel’s shelter; and disturb a red squirrel whilst it is occupying a shelter. It is also an offence to possess or control, sell or offer for sale, or possess or transport for the purpose of sale any living or dead red squirrel or any derivative of such an animal. Knowingly causing or permitting any of the above acts to be carried out is also an offence.

Grey squirrels are a non-native species introduced from North America and aren’t protected.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

In Scotland, Red squirrels are fully protected by law and it is a serious offence to: kill or injure a red squirrel; damage, destroy or obstruct a squirrel’s shelter; and disturb a red squirrel whilst it is occupying a shelter. It is also an offence to possess or control, sell or offer for sale, or possess or transport for the purpose of sale any living or dead red squirrel or any derivative of such an animal. Knowingly causing or permitting any of the above acts to be carried out is also an offence.

Grey squirrels are a non-native species introduced from North America and aren’t protected.
I think you'll find it was a wind up 👍

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score

Shame, I understand that Red Squirrel tastes a bit like Hawksbill Turtle.

Ausadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
Long term lurker. Hello to all. Grenadier ordered what seems years ago and arriving this month at Volvo dealer in London (?) next month. I'm told.
Black 5 seater normal one, rough pack, aux battery, rear camera, cubby box, alloy wheels, rock sliders, KO2's, F+R parking sensors, solid rear window...

View attachment 7806836

But this is only the beginning...

Box made for "vermin control and wildlife conservation" ready...

View attachment 7806839

Modifications planned:

Black out to chrome strips on grill and black the silver roof alpine handles

Gunmetal metal exterior badges

Breitling clock for compass hole (bought)

Red Hex leather seat centres with black stitching ( ordered)

Black leather seat bolsters with red contrast stitching

View attachment 7806840

Grenadier die stamp embossing to leather headrests (like Porsche do) .

Red Hex leather to door panels

Black Alcantara with red stitching covers to all black grab handles, steering wheel and gearbox shifter boot

Red LED’s below dash level/ in all footwells ( bought)

Spare mounted in boot between wheel arches

Red fill in to rear "Grenadier" and Lamda stamp on rear door

Proper 3.5 tonne bottle jack to rear with recovery kit ( from my old G wagon)

Stay open catches to rear doors

Beer fridge to rear cargo area ( Waeco from old 4x4)

Wheel spacers

Staun deflators ( old ones)

ARB air pump ( old one )

£1.99 Yellow tint to headlights ( Grenadier has no foglights, the grill ones are driving lights so no good for fog as they only run undipped and therefore glare) (ebay)

Underbody guards black powder coated

Rear light guards black metal made in G logo shape

Upgraded loud horn ( toot one keeps it legal) ( bought)

Aerofoil to wipers ( cant find them but might dismantle some new wipers to get them) )

A number of various detection and counter measure devices for radar, laser and bluelight tetra radio activity. Strictly for off road use only ;) ( from old car)

Shorter UK registration number - normal ones dont look good on the back (TBA)

And as this is a public forum let me make it clear - I won't be invalidating my warranty with a superb engine and gearbox remap that provides smoother driving, better acceleration and fabulous torque increases.
@Tomato great post. I fall into the more g wagon city user and was keen to know more about 3 things if you can assist. 1. what outcomes you expecting from remap? 2. will you do anything to light colour headling and if so what 3. Red hex seat change - do you get this done by upholster and if so would you do from leather option or do stock option then have all redone (seems a waste to pay 3K for leather then redo) .Thanks

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
really like the breitling idea !!!!! We need pictures !! Navitimer in my trialmaster sounds cool !!

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
@Tomato great post. I fall into the more g wagon city user and was keen to know more about 3 things if you can assist. 1. what outcomes you expecting from remap? 2. will you do anything to light colour headling and if so what 3. Red hex seat change - do you get this done by upholster and if so would you do from leather option or do stock option then have all redone (seems a waste to pay 3K for leather then redo) .Thanks
1. I'll wait to see what other people remaps come up with first
2. Not sure about the headlining change at this stage, the pillars and the handles are light grey...I do very much want to go to black alcantara
3. My Grenadier was ordered with cloth, I want the black leather outer sections with a contrast stitching. It needs a colour uplift, it's very grey / black in there

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

Very good point, thank you. I'll forward that onto my friend the moment he comes back from his panda hunting trip. Surprised he's got any room in his man cave with all those white rhino trophies on the wall! New Defenders owners eh?

Local time
Reaction score
You will need more than an air rifle to take down a Panda.

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
You will need more than an air rifle to take down a Panda.
Depends on whether the Panda driver has his window open
A46-Nailsworth-crash.jpg

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Long term lurker. Hello to all. Grenadier ordered what seems years ago and arriving this month at Volvo dealer in London (?) next month. I'm told.
Black 5 seater normal one, rough pack, aux battery, rear camera, cubby box, alloy wheels, rock sliders, KO2's, F+R parking sensors, solid rear window...

View attachment 7806836

But this is only the beginning...

Box made for "vermin control and wildlife conservation" ready...

View attachment 7806839

Modifications planned:

Black out to chrome strips on grill and black the silver roof alpine handles

Gunmetal metal exterior badges

Breitling clock for compass hole (bought)

Red Hex leather seat centres with black stitching ( ordered)

Black leather seat bolsters with red contrast stitching

View attachment 7806840

Grenadier die stamp embossing to leather headrests (like Porsche do) .

Red Hex leather to door panels

Black Alcantara with red stitching covers to all black grab handles, steering wheel and gearbox shifter boot

Red LED’s below dash level/ in all footwells ( bought)

Spare mounted in boot between wheel arches

Red fill in to rear "Grenadier" and Lamda stamp on rear door

Proper 3.5 tonne bottle jack to rear with recovery kit ( from my old G wagon)

Stay open catches to rear doors

Beer fridge to rear cargo area ( Waeco from old 4x4)

Wheel spacers

Staun deflators ( old ones)

ARB air pump ( old one )

£1.99 Yellow tint to headlights ( Grenadier has no foglights, the grill ones are driving lights so no good for fog as they only run undipped and therefore glare) (ebay)

Underbody guards black powder coated

Rear light guards black metal made in G logo shape

Upgraded loud horn ( toot one keeps it legal) ( bought)

Aerofoil to wipers ( cant find them but might dismantle some new wipers to get them) )

A number of various detection and counter measure devices for radar, laser and bluelight tetra radio activity. Strictly for off road use only ;) ( from old car)

Shorter UK registration number - normal ones dont look good on the back (TBA)

And as this is a public forum let me make it clear - I won't be invalidating my warranty with a superb engine and gearbox remap that provides smoother driving, better acceleration and fabulous torque increases.
Welcome to the forum @Tomato I suppose this thread is a perfect example how things can veer off into the production madness* of the Grenadier delivery rollout.

I can't think of a more personal way to make vehicle yours than to modify it, so more power to you. Make sure you post and let everyone know what you've done, it'll definitely be a conversation starter. I love the embossed seat idea.

In regards to dashboard clocks, I drove a Lincoln Navigator for a while in Sardinia (on Swiss plates to really get heads scratching) it was fitted with a Bulgari clock in the dash, the clock ended up being worth more than the Navigator.

*madness of the prospective owners, not the manufactures, agents/dealers or the post chat bot answering the online questions about spare tires.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Depends on whether the Panda driver has his window open
A46-Nailsworth-crash.jpg
When I hear Panda, I always think of this

Holy crow this one's 65K

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Tomato I suppose this thread is a perfect example how things can veer off into the production madness* of the Grenadier delivery rollout.

I can't think of a more personal way to make vehicle yours than to modify it, so more power to you. Make sure you post and let everyone know what you've done, it'll definitely be a conversation starter. I love the embossed seat idea.

In regards to dashboard clocks, I drove a Lincoln Navigator for a while in Sardinia (on Swiss plates to really get heads scratching) it was fitted with a Bulgari clock in the dash, the clock ended up being worth more than the Navigator.

*madness of the prospective owners, not the manufactures, agents/dealers or the post chat bot answering the online questions about spare tires.

Thanks Stu...your welcome is appreciated, keep up the great work! It does mellow the frustration of the delays thinking of the bespoke options...Grenadier is a pretty good blank canvas for some upgrades

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
When I hear Panda, I always think of this

Holy crow this one's 65K

Great cars the old Panda 4x4's...great cars. There's still a few fabulous ones for sale in Japan. And not 65k

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Ah hah! A black one too - looks good…there will be a few companies pimping - Grenadier is crying out for it. There will be the 25” Overkhazi alloys, Dashyte bodykit and perhaps the occasional celebrity tik tok reality show Grenadier owner who hasn’t already burnt in hell - nothing we can do to stop them…anyway I is pimpin’ da big G bruv, fully sick. init. Gold wrap. Mental fam.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah hah! A black one too - looks good…there will be a few companies pimping - Grenadier is crying out for it. There will be the 25” Overkhazi alloys, Dashyte bodykit and perhaps the occasional celebrity tik tok reality show Grenadier owner who hasn’t already burnt in hell - nothing we can do to stop them…anyway I is pimpin’ da big G bruv, fully sick. init. Gold wrap. Mental fam.
If I start seeing pimped Grenadiers on the road - mine goes for sale. I ordered the Grenadier because it is built for purpose a hardcore 4x4 not a vehicle to be used as a Chelsea tractor for drug pushers and footballers to pose in.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
If I start seeing pimped Grenadiers on the road - mine goes for sale. I ordered the Grenadier because it is built for purpose a hardcore 4x4 not a vehicle to be used as a Chelsea tractor for drug pushers and footballs to pose in.
Well you might consider this. No way in hell footballers and pimps (or Greta) will be seen alive or dead in this!

BarnesH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If I start seeing pimped Grenadiers on the road - mine goes for sale. I ordered the Grenadier because it is built for purpose a hardcore 4x4 not a vehicle to be used as a Chelsea tractor for drug pushers and footballers to pose in.
Yeah Urban make Range Rovers looks shit, I agree. Same with Kahn.

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Well I live in Cobham…hence I have a G Wagon. Like quite a few soccer playing neighbours. Mind you it is probably the exact opposite to being pimped….

Attachments

• CAE53535-84DB-4AAF-807A-C8BFA8B9A733.jpeg
    CAE53535-84DB-4AAF-807A-C8BFA8B9A733.jpeg
    712.6 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom