The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Surrey UK + TBA pimp my Grenadier thread...

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
Well I live in Cobham…hence I have a G Wagon. Like quite a few soccer playing neighbours. Mind you it is probably the exact opposite to being pimped….
Very nice. I would like something like that to play around in 👍🏼

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If I start seeing pimped Grenadiers on the road - mine goes for sale. I ordered the Grenadier because it is built for purpose a hardcore 4x4 not a vehicle to be used as a Chelsea tractor for drug pushers and footballers to pose in.
Me too Eric !! It’ll be sold immediately.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Me too Eric !! It’ll be sold immediately.

You might want to pre order the “for sale” sign now then, because as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow morning. There will be fully pimped out versions of the IG for sale within 6-8 weeks of the first customer versions hitting the road. Companies like URBAN will be paying a premium to get one of the first so they can be the first to offer a premium version. You won’t miss it, it will be on every social media platform known to man

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You might want to pre order the “for sale” sign now then, because as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow morning. There will be fully pimped out versions of the IG for sale within 6-8 weeks of the first customer versions hitting the road. Companies like URBAN will be paying a premium to get one of the first so they can be the first to offer a premium version. You won’t miss it, it will be on every social media platform known to man
Living in a remote part of the UK there are few and far between here. The farmers find pimped vehicles inappropriate for their needs. As I said the reserve of " others "

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The benefit of the modifying mob is resale value. People express their love for a vehicle in different ways. I love the fact the original defender could serve so many different needs, classy and classless. The G Wagen never achieved this - maybe the Grenadier can. Mine is a high spec but will be used for heavy towing and mild off-road but to be honest I don’t need it.

Reactions: @nd

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice. I would like something like that to play around in 👍🏼
I know where one in lemon yellow is for sale @£13 K if you are interested 🤪

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ugh ! Thankfully I live rurally so am surrounded by "true country folk" with old school Defenders etc not the wannabe country folk in their pimped up 4x4's.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ugh ! Thankfully I live rurally so am surrounded by "true country folk" with old school Defenders etc not the wannabe country folk in their pimped up 4x4's.
@Annee, I am very sympathetic to that!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, you must be reasonably close to me I'm near Bishops Stortford ??
Yeah we're in Epping, was driving past it every morning on a job 2 weeks ago!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I start seeing pimped Grenadiers on the road - mine goes for sale. I ordered the Grenadier because it is built for purpose a hardcore 4x4 not a vehicle to be used as a Chelsea tractor for drug pushers and footballers to pose in.
Like with the old Defender. I don’t think the likes of a Twisted, Chelsea or Urban Defender destroys the credibility of an original, properly used Defender.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like with the old Defender. I don’t think the likes of a Twisted, Chelsea or Urban Defender destroys the credibility of an original, properly used Defender.
No. They’re just fugly most of the time.

NIKLENSON1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Long term lurker. Hello to all. Grenadier ordered what seems years ago and arriving this month at Volvo dealer in London (?) next month. I'm told.
Black 5 seater normal one, rough pack, aux battery, rear camera, cubby box, alloy wheels, rock sliders, KO2's, F+R parking sensors, solid rear window...

View attachment 7806836

But this is only the beginning...

Box made for "vermin control and wildlife conservation" ready...

View attachment 7806839

Modifications planned:

Black out to chrome strips on grill and black the silver roof alpine handles

Gunmetal metal exterior badges

Breitling clock for compass hole (bought)

Red Hex leather seat centres with black stitching ( ordered)

Black leather seat bolsters with red contrast stitching

View attachment 7806840

Grenadier die stamp embossing to leather headrests (like Porsche do) .

Red Hex leather to door panels

Black Alcantara with red stitching covers to all black grab handles, steering wheel and gearbox shifter boot

Red LED’s below dash level/ in all footwells ( bought)

Spare mounted in boot between wheel arches

Red fill in to rear "Grenadier" and Lamda stamp on rear door

Proper 3.5 tonne bottle jack to rear with recovery kit ( from my old G wagon)

Stay open catches to rear doors

Beer fridge to rear cargo area ( Waeco from old 4x4)

Wheel spacers

Staun deflators ( old ones)

ARB air pump ( old one )

£1.99 Yellow tint to headlights ( Grenadier has no foglights, the grill ones are driving lights so no good for fog as they only run undipped and therefore glare) (ebay)

Underbody guards black powder coated

Rear light guards black metal made in G logo shape

Upgraded loud horn ( toot one keeps it legal) ( bought)

Aerofoil to wipers ( cant find them but might dismantle some new wipers to get them) )

A number of various detection and counter measure devices for radar, laser and bluelight tetra radio activity. Strictly for off road use only ;) ( from old car)

Shorter UK registration number - normal ones dont look good on the back (TBA)

And as this is a public forum let me make it clear - I won't be invalidating my warranty with a superb engine and gearbox remap that provides smoother driving, better acceleration and fabulous torque increases.
Hi, Interested in where you got the lock box made, I have been talking to several vendors who are making something but not available till late summer, I have a specifica need, in that I require a telescopic section to extend over the rear RH seat when its folded down, this is for rods and guns. - Regards Nik

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
Long term lurker. Hello to all. Grenadier ordered what seems years ago and arriving this month at Volvo dealer in London (?) next month. I'm told.
Black 5 seater normal one, rough pack, aux battery, rear camera, cubby box, alloy wheels, rock sliders, KO2's, F+R parking sensors, solid rear window...

View attachment 7806836

But this is only the beginning...

Box made for "vermin control and wildlife conservation" ready...

View attachment 7806839

Modifications planned:

Black out to chrome strips on grill and black the silver roof alpine handles

Gunmetal metal exterior badges

Breitling clock for compass hole (bought)

Red Hex leather seat centres with black stitching ( ordered)

Black leather seat bolsters with red contrast stitching

View attachment 7806840

Grenadier die stamp embossing to leather headrests (like Porsche do) .

Red Hex leather to door panels

Black Alcantara with red stitching covers to all black grab handles, steering wheel and gearbox shifter boot

Red LED’s below dash level/ in all footwells ( bought)

Spare mounted in boot between wheel arches

Red fill in to rear "Grenadier" and Lamda stamp on rear door

Proper 3.5 tonne bottle jack to rear with recovery kit ( from my old G wagon)

Stay open catches to rear doors

Beer fridge to rear cargo area ( Waeco from old 4x4)

Wheel spacers

Staun deflators ( old ones)

ARB air pump ( old one )

£1.99 Yellow tint to headlights ( Grenadier has no foglights, the grill ones are driving lights so no good for fog as they only run undipped and therefore glare) (ebay)

Underbody guards black powder coated

Rear light guards black metal made in G logo shape

Upgraded loud horn ( toot one keeps it legal) ( bought)

Aerofoil to wipers ( cant find them but might dismantle some new wipers to get them) )

A number of various detection and counter measure devices for radar, laser and bluelight tetra radio activity. Strictly for off road use only ;) ( from old car)

Shorter UK registration number - normal ones dont look good on the back (TBA)

And as this is a public forum let me make it clear - I won't be invalidating my warranty with a superb engine and gearbox remap that provides smoother driving, better acceleration and fabulous torque increases.
Heck yes. City ‘mods’ 🔥

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
Gearmate looks good but already had this gunbox, I think it'll have to go above spare wheel as it's too wide.

Thought about a Trialmaster but didnt want raised air intake and tried to keep the price down...switched from Green at the last minute as there would be too many colours going on, but slightly regretting it...

Maybe see you at the Badger in Harrogate the next time I'm up there
I too optioned rough pack without snorkel … wish they would allow it to be deleted on Trialmaster.

Tomato

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, Interested in where you got the lock box made, I have been talking to several vendors who are making something but not available till late summer, I have a specifica need, in that I require a telescopic section to extend over the rear RH seat when its folded down, this is for rods and guns. - Regards Nik
Ballindore made it for a Disco4, UK company

Local time
Reaction score
Sorry Annee I have made a modification to mine had the tires turned round so you can't see the white letters I know who makes the tires just don't want anyone else knowing.

Back
Top Bottom