The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hand Grab for RHD vehicles

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Once, the vehicle lands home, we will explore fitting a grab handle on the RHD door pillar (to match the left). Why, because without it, you haul yourself in with the steering wheel.

I am guessing that the captive buts are already in the A pillar, so you would need new A-pillar trim and the handle - well that's my thoughts.

Pictured is the left pillar GRAB handle (not fitted to right side).

IMG_7699.jpeg

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Once, the vehicle lands home, we will explore fitting a grab handle on the RHD door pillar (to match the left). Why, because without it, you haul yourself in with the steering wheel.

I am guessing that the captive buts are already in the A pillar, so you would need new A-pillar trim and the handle - well that's my thoughts.

Pictured is the left pillar GRAB handle (not fitted to right side).

View attachment 7813661
I’d like to add the grab handle for the same reasons. The mounting points will be there so all we’d need is a replacement trim and the handle from the Ineos parts bin.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did ask for one at the very beginning, but was told it was against EU regs?
It certainly would help me, I use the steering wheel instead to yank myself in :ROFLMAO: ( the Grenny I mean!)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It certainly would help me, I use the steering wheel instead to yank myself in :ROFLMAO: ( the Grenny I mean!)

That would make sense - crash protection I guess (are there curtain air bags fitted).

Will try to find the part numbers and post them up in the future.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
At the Seattle drive, one of Ineos guys confirmed to a participant that one can order the parts off the RHD vehicle. The bolting points are behind the A pillar trim.

Last edited:

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Subscribed for updates (y)

Reactions: PBD

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Can’t say for the trim, but I would be willing to bet that the grab handle is the same for both sides, or I haven’t thought about something obvious.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That seems strange considering in my 2020 L200 there is a grab handle on the drivers side, which I've bumped into on occasion when trying to look around hedges on country road junctions.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having got the car. I’m wondering if the grab handles on the drivers side obstruct the view. Would be worse if you got a snorkel.
Have a snorkel on my Trialmaster and I can't see it when driving, it is excellently positioned behind the pillar. Would like the additional hand hold though.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have a snorkel on my Trialmaster and I can't see it when driving, it is excellently positioned behind the pillar. Would like the additional hand hold though.
It’s probably OK for LHD Grenadiers as the snorkel is on the opposite side to the driver. But in the UK, its on the same side. Just a thought.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
I had been following this and considering adding a driver's side handle to the IG, but today I noticed that my 4runner doesn't have one and apparently I've not needed it. 😆

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
From another thread:

img_1179-jpg.7814432

and.. https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/melbourne-drive-day.12410675/post-1333145453

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
I may be missing something...so there's an airbag and a grab handle on the LHS in a RHD vehicle ? And...presumably an airbag plus grab handle in the RHS pillar for a LHD version
So am wondering what's preventing installation of grab handles on both sides other than saving $$

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom