The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hand Grab for RHD vehicles

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
So much easier getting in with the grab handle and similar to Krabby, I'd prefer not to manhandle my saddle steering wheel.

The Mrs. wants a handle on the driver's side for entry/exit as she also dislikes grabbing onto the steering wheel. She currently uses an overhead handle that hangs down into the doorway of her current vehicle. That won't work for me with the Grenadier as I'm well over 6'. I already have to duck to get out as it is. We'll probably risk an A pillar handle mod.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
I would like the grab handle on the drivers side. I had a quote from the 'UK 'stealer' and it would've been cheaper to fabricate from platinum - so awaiting after market version or will bodge something up when have time.

It's not so much how tall you are but how long your legs are! Although I'm very long in the fly as a camp tailor once told me, I only have 30" legs on a warm day, making entry into the Gren needing a pull on the gutter or door or wheel etc. Grab handle would be nice.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would like the grab handle on the drivers side. I had a quote from the 'UK 'stealer' and it would've been cheaper to fabricate from platinum - so awaiting after market version or will bodge something up when have time.

It's not so much how tall you are but how long your legs are! Although I'm very long in the fly as a camp tailor once told me, I only have 30" legs on a warm day, making entry into the Gren needing a pull on the gutter or door or wheel etc. Grab handle would be nice.
I'm not sure if putting a grab handle on the drivers side would obscure the drivers view/line of sight. If it did in anyway it would be an instant MOT failure

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
The handle doesn't block much of the view from the passenger seat. Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

How much did they quote you? It’s for the handle and a new a pillar trim? I’ve asked my dealer and assumed it’d be a few £100 for the parts?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How much did they quote you? It’s for the handle and a new a pillar trim? I’ve asked my dealer and assumed it’d be a few £100 for the parts?
£380!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All ridiculous but those click in tabs - ffs man!

Sorry @Jean Mercier for abbreviation but you may need google

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting to see that the company who does Audio upgrades - REMOVES the Grab Handles.

I know he has done two vehicles, so that two available for LHD vehicles he has removed from RHD vehicles. I have to admit, I am astounded that the owners prefer speakers to grab handles (I would want both).

View: https://youtu.be/h1NtL7w1scc?si=GEodoociEyLKle7E

Last edited:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
£380!

Was that for the handle, pillar trim and fixtures excluding labour.. to be honest, I was thinking £250-£300 quid.. I’m of the view that it’s a must have so will be parting with the money provided the dealer can get them..

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
Interesting to see that the company who does Audio upgrades - REMOVES the Grab Handles.

I know he has done two vehicles, so that two available for LHD vehicles he has removed from RHD vehicles. I have to admit, I am astounded that the owners prefer speakers to grab handles (I would want both).

View: https://youtu.be/h1NtL7w1scc?si=GEodoociEyLKle7E
I messaged them - they re-use the A-pillar trim piece and return the handle to their customer.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I messaged them - they re-use the A-pillar trim piece and return the handle to their customer.
So we need to track down the folks who have those stereos and see if they’ll part ways at a fair price.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was that for the handle, pillar trim and fixtures excluding labour.. to be honest, I was thinking £250-£300 quid.. I’m of the view that it’s a must have so will be parting with the money provided the dealer can get them..
will have a look back but don't think pillar trim. I want a handle but think £400 for a few bolts and a handle is a bit of a ripoff.

Local time
Reaction score
What about utilising a simple Paracord grab handle. So many options and colours for around $40 aus.
you should be able to get a very close colour match so it won’t be obvious.

wont stick out as far as a factory one so obscured vision problem is resolved.
couple Of bolts and fix into the factory nut provisions

$40-50 opposed to nearly $600-700 Aus makes sense to me

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
What about utilising a simple Paracord grab handle. So many options and colours for around $40 aus.

Good idea and would solve the problem but for mine, I'd like it to look as if it came like that from the factory.

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
For a solo driver and for now until the aftermarket fills the need, how about swapping from passenger to driver side?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

That is a good, purpose built solution.

Back
Top Bottom