The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Infant Seat/Car Seat fit?

outack

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Now that we are starting to see customer cars, has anyone been able to fit a infant bucket, or typical convertible toddler car seat into the Grenadier?

I have seen some photos and videos of the interior, that make it seem like the rear seats are quite cramped. As a tall driver, space in the rear seats on both sides is a concern to me with the little ones.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
I'm 6'2". I can sit in the front and have enough leg room behind me that a guy even taller than I am is comfortable. We did this at a recent driving event. A car seat should have no problem fitting. 3 across might be snug, and the kiddo will still put his feet on your headliner once he's tall enough, but I have no doubt a seat will fit will fit. Hell, I had 2 big Chicco buckets in my M3 at one point.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Now that we are starting to see customer cars, has anyone been able to fit a infant bucket, or typical convertible toddler car seat into the Grenadier?

I have seen some photos and videos of the interior, that make it seem like the rear seats are quite cramped. As a tall driver, space in the rear seats on both sides is a concern to me with the little ones.
The Kenyan grenadier video shows carseats no problem. There is a video that is circulating that a 6.1 foot driver talks about how he is cramped in back seat. What he doesn't tell you is its a commercial version and those seats are in a closer position to front seats so it can fit a euro pallet.

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
I’m 6’1” & my youngest daughter is in an Isofix seat behind me with no problems at all. In fact, it was decidedly easier to fit the seat than it was in my previous two cars so I can’t see you having any issues in this regard.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Perfect vantage point for little ones in booster seats. He had plenty of room and so did my wife. My boy didn't want to get out. He also didn't want his window up.... One thing we missed. No rear window lock, and perfect reach for the little ones. He has learnt quickly though to ask before using. Also no flutter noise from the window even at 80km/h which is great. However a noise I believe coming from the pressure vent on rear corners above tail lights. Anyone else noticed and can confirm?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717-075559.png
    Screenshot_20230717-075559.png
    401.3 KB · Views: 30

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
No window lock? Did not know that.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Was hoping in setting there may have been something to only control from front but no. Maybe software could introduce something in the future...
Don't get too down. If your kids are like mine, car obsessed. He already knows I control windows or he isn't allowed in hahaha

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Unfortunately, bright as they are, dogs don’t care!

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Just back from a 12 day safari on some of the most unforgiving terrain out there. My wife, two sons (aged 1 and 4) and myself. The boys both have very large cybex/kiddy car seats. Throughout the journey my wife would hop over the centre console to the rear to nurse our one year old, put him back in his seat and the hop to the front again. There’s no option to stop or exit the vehicle on most of the roads we did, sometimes because the trails are single lane, sometimes because it was dangerous, sometimes because of predators and sometimes because I’m just stubborn and choose not to stop 😂

However, we were all perfectly comfortable, the boys especially. And we were in a fully loaded vehicle. We even spent 15 hours stuck at Lake Natron in the middle of the night and the boys and wife were in the car most of that time.

I have a Trialmaster and I can confirm we were as comfortable as we have been in my 200 series. Even more comfortable on rough roads because the Grenadier suspension feels more refined. Perhaps my wife would have an easier time hopping back and forth in the 200 series because the space between the two front seats is wider and the centre console lower in the 200, but that, I presume, would not be of concern to most!

Attachments

• 8375BD3A-BFE3-4CBF-8F28-248C041FB1AC.jpeg
    8375BD3A-BFE3-4CBF-8F28-248C041FB1AC.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom