The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Experience Mechanicsville, Maryland First drive review

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
The underhood views were not allowed apparently because of the pre-production status of some of the items in the engine bay.

For the interior photos, because of the warning lights on the dash due to the PTO2 not being fully road legal and missing some components
so in other words, Ineos embarrassment.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
so in other words, Ineos embarrassment.

I can't agree with that statement... I think the world on the whole (especially the online forums and groups), don't have a proper understanding of what a "prototype" is, or appreciate the efforts it takes to get dozens of prototypes into the hands of customers for pre-release testing/driving. Vehicle manufacturers go through many development cycles and phases for every minute detail, many of which wouldn't be noticed by the customer, and some that would.

Keeping that in mind, allowing everyone to take and post photos of the "incomplete" aspects of a 3-generation-from-production prototype, while they complain about those aspects because it isn't identical to how production seems like a recipe for a PR "clean up" and correction of misinformation.

Photos were allowed of the interior of the vehicle on display in the tent (another PTO2), and countless engine bay photos exist online

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
I can't agree with that statement... I think the world on the whole (especially the online forums and groups), don't have a proper understanding of what a "prototype" is, or appreciate the efforts it takes to get dozens of prototypes into the hands of customers for pre-release testing/driving. Vehicle manufacturers go through many development cycles and phases for every minute detail, many of which wouldn't be noticed by the customer, and some that would.

Keeping that in mind, allowing everyone to take and post photos of the "incomplete" aspects of a 3-generation-from-production prototype, while they complain about those aspects because it isn't identical to how production seems like a recipe for a PR "clean up" and correction of misinformation.

Photos were allowed of the interior of the vehicle on display in the tent (another PTO2), and countless engine bay photos exist online
OK, so Ineos embarrassment may have been a bit flippant.
Could you please provide another opinion as to why for the US market they have prohibited pictures of the interior and engine, when this has been allowed in other markets including Australia.
This forum (and elsewhere) is full of pictures, videos etc of both the inside and outside, whilst driving the vehicle in prototype format. They initially asked us not to photograph the engine, but that relaxed over time as well.
Journalists in the US have video'd it internally whilst driving it.
The only possible reason I can think of is the known litigious nature in the US (although I can't think of how anything would arise there). I can't think of any other reason that the US may be different can you? Unless the interior of the IG is different to the rest of the world and they don't want us to see that?? But I can't imagine that's the case either, and as you said, the model under the tent was OK to photograph.
I'm not trying to be a smart arse here, just very curious as to why they are treating you different to the rest of us.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The only possible reason I can think of is the known litigious nature in the US (although I can't think of how anything would arise there).
THIS! - People here sue over everything so IA is probably just protecting themselves in some manner.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did the MD test drive event. As I milled about waiting for the next drive to take shape, I took pictures of what I wanted. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission? Anyhow, I don’t see what it’s a big deal if they say no photos or don’t open a prototype’s bonnet.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The only possible reason I can think of is the known litigious nature in the US (although I can't think of how anything would arise there).

THIS! - People here sue over everything so IA is probably just protecting themselves in some manner.

If I were a betting man, I'd say 100% this is the reason....

Back
Top Bottom