The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Folding tailgate table protrusion

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone who’s got the folding tailgate table tell me how far it protrudes from the door when in the folded/stored position?

I’m travelling up to Kidderminster (APB Trading) to check out their new delivery of drawer systems for my 5 seater Utility.

I’ve got a folding tailgate table on order, but am concerned that the drawers and folded table are going to try and share the same space!
No point ordering both if they’re not compatible.

Looking at APB’s screenshots of their drawer system, there’s not a lot of room to play with.
See bottom thumbnail pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpeg
    IMG_1840.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 296

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can anyone who’s got the folding tailgate table tell me how far it protrudes from the door when in the folded/stored position?

I’m travelling up to Kidderminster (APB Trading) to check out their new delivery of drawer systems for my 5 seater Utility.

I’ve got a folding tailgate table on order, but am concerned that the drawers and folded table are going to try and share the same space!
No point ordering both if they’re not compatible.

Looking at APB’s screenshots of their drawer system, there’s not a lot of room to play with.
See bottom thumbnail pics.
It’s about 30mm proud. I’ll ping you a photo of the tape measure if yo are happy to wait till morning.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s about 30mm proud. I’ll ping you a photo of the tape measure if yo are happy to wait till morning.
Thanks very much. That’ll be really helpful.
I’ve got a use for both, so might have to have drawers made bespoke as opposed to off the shelf.
But 30mm looks like it might just fit. Fingers crossed.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks very much. That’ll be really helpful.
I’ve got a use for both, so might have to have drawers made bespoke as opposed to off the shelf.
But 30mm looks like it might just fit. Fingers crossed.
The table is 30mm. Having measured it now, the whole assembly sits 60mm off the back door, but it no deeper that the lower door catch..

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is it APB or ARB?
Is there a website link you can give us for this drawer system?
APB Tdading of Kidderminster near Worcester in the UK.
They’re the sole UK importer of Bjg Country and Eezi Awn products from South Africa.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to get one of the various pattern ones off Amazon /ebay and see how well they fit...

Local time
Reaction score
APB Tdading of Kidderminster near Worcester in the UK.
They’re the sole UK importer of Bjg Country and Eezi Awn products from South Africa.
If your going to APB did you know ARB yes that Australian firm has there UK headquarters in Dudley not too far away from APB so 2 birds one stone. ARB owns ~Truckman and have a showroom there are super help-full.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures for the APB drawers, I think it will be very tight with the rear table.

My drawers are set back a further 15mm (although my drawer handles do stick out further) and I have my fingers crossed that the rear door table will fit. From my measurements, my drawer handle (right hand side) should fit into the centre well of the table when folded. I know I do not have clearence to the frame edge.

I'll update further if I ever get the rear table!

20230824_105817.jpg

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures for the APB drawers, I think it will be very tight with the rear table.

My drawers are set back a further 15mm (although my drawer handles do stick out further) and I have my fingers crossed that the rear door table will fit. From my measurements, my drawer handle (right hand side) should fit into the centre well of the table when folded. I know I do not have clearence to the frame edge.

I'll update further if I ever get the rear table!

View attachment 7824755
Can you post a couple of pics side on to show how far the top deck and drawers protrude.
Also, have you lost access to the Jack cubbyhole?

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you post a couple of pics side on to show how far the top deck and drawers protrude.
No problem, I‘ll take some pics when I get home later.

I have relocated the jack into the rear of one of the drawers. I have movable partitions that I have positioned to create a tight fit, and it seems to work well. I was going to get the top board made with cut outs to still allow access to the jack, but on balance, I didn’t think it was worth it, as it would have meant relocating either my fridge slide or water tank.

The other option considered was to hinge the top board, to allow access. Again discounted, as it would have meant removing everything just to get at the jack.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As requested.

20230830_161422.jpeg
20230830_161453.jpeg

Probably easier to see the gap with the left hand door. It’s going to be tight, but I think it will work.

All academic until the table actually arrives!

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Having my folding tailgate table delivered on Tuesday, courtesy of Nationwide Windscreens, who will be fitting my new windscreen on Grunter the Grenadier.

Will finally put to rest the “Drawer/tailgate table interface” debate. Pictures to follow, either of the undamaged drawers and table, or of the returns label to my Ineos Supplier. Hopefully the former.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update on drawer/picnic table interior.

The good news is that with the folding table fitted, there’s still approx 10mm clearance with my Big Country drawer system. Probably 10mm clearance from the drawer handles to the underside of the table as well.
So definitely bear in mind if you’re fitting your own drawer handles. 30mm is about right.

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 164

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did nationwide windscreens supply your table if so how do you go about getting one.Had a drawer fitted today by APB what a decent bunch.Service like that very rarely found nowadays.Drawer brilliant.far exceeded my expectations.

Back
Top Bottom