The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Drawer System with Pull Out Table/Tailgate

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
What @anand described is what I am searching for right now; A quickly deployable awning that offers shade and rain protection while working at the rear of the vehicle, be it loading or cooking. Over the years I've had a couple different setups that all required too much time to deploy/stow. I am considering a 5ft Kammok Cross-Wing awning mounted to the side of my roof rack, but (relatively) quickly re-positionable to the rear or other side. This unit looks to be decent quality and deploys in seconds with no legs. It's probably too wide to leave on the rear of the roof rack while traveling. I wish I could find something shorter that could live back there without sticking out to the sides at all.

This is exactly what I am considering!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
What @anand described is what I am searching for right now; A quickly deployable awning that offers shade and rain protection while working at the rear of the vehicle, be it loading or cooking. Over the years I've had a couple different setups that all required too much time to deploy/stow. I am considering a 5ft Kammok Cross-Wing awning mounted to the side of my roof rack, but (relatively) quickly re-positionable to the rear or other side. This unit looks to be decent quality and deploys in seconds with no legs. It's probably too wide to leave on the rear of the roof rack while traveling. I wish I could find something shorter that could live back there without sticking out to the sides at all.

If you and @anand want some Awning ideas these links will help (from this thread). The thread is Australian focused but some models are available elsewhere (just not sure of US availability):

AWNINGS
It appears most awnings can be fitted to rooftop bars and the pioneer platform, but check before you buy.
  1. INEOS offer the Bat Wing Side Awning as an option;
  2. Bukkwakka Awnings, I have not seen on fitted to as Grenadier yet;
  3. Clevershade Awning. The most suitable for the Grenadier is the 270 degree 4.0m model. The one I own and use;
  4. BOSS Aluminum 270 Awning;
  5. DESTINATION4WD D180 and D270;
  6. Darche Awning, recommendation here; and
  7. The Bush Company Awning, see it on a Grenadier here.

Back
Top Bottom