The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas field master vs trialmaster

Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
these 2 options that IG will offer really tilts me.

from the price/spec sheet from the uk .....I don't want to pay an additional up to 10k and add more and get 1/2 the stuff I don't want while missing out the 1/2 stuff I do. :(

seems like I want to mix an match from the 2....lol and if I get what I really want it's going to be further add ons.

seems like I'm going to have to stick with the base and Ala cart only a few things. they're making me spend less.

anybody feel the same way

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
Take a deep breath big fella. You’re getting better options than we did - for example we couldn’t deselect the RAI on s trialmaster so we could buy an aftermarket snorkel.

@NoMoTaco posted the following in the NY drive thread:

I also thought I recall him saying that a Base model to build up from was not going to be an option (only a Trial or Fieldmaster with selection or deselection of certain options), but I could be wrong about him saying that. However, I raised this point specifically with the lead Tech guy at the event, and he told me that is FALSE, and that there will be a base model offered, and that there will be the ability to deselect the RAI on a Trialmaster. (In a nutshell he was saying we will be able to configure Ala carte).

Local time
Reaction score
Take a deep breath big fella. You’re getting better options than we did - for example we couldn’t deselect the RAI on s trialmaster so we could buy an aftermarket snorkel.

@NoMoTaco posted the following in the NY drive thread:

I also thought I recall him saying that a Base model to build up from was not going to be an option (only a Trial or Fieldmaster with selection or deselection of certain options), but I could be wrong about him saying that. However, I raised this point specifically with the lead Tech guy at the event, and he told me that is FALSE, and that there will be a base model offered, and that there will be the ability to deselect the RAI on a Trialmaster. (In a nutshell he was saying we will be able to configure Ala carte).

how does that work and save money?

has anybody priced out how much savings by buying the package vs Ala carte. it has to be less or why do it.

I'm not interested in some stuff unless I get a worthwhile discount spending 10k.....so if there's only 10% savings vs Ala carte it does little for me

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
exactly what I did: Base + a la carte but it ended up =ing the trialmaster

I even used a spreadsheet (very technical approach)

yeah....I was afraid of this. you're obv going to get less, but how much I don't know.... it least you got what you wanted and hopefully didn't miss out on something you did

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
how does that work and save money?

has anybody priced out how much savings by buying the package vs Ala carte. it has to be less or why do it.

I'm not interested in some stuff unless I get a worthwhile discount
Let's assume he wants a fully sealed snorkel not an open raised air intake.

Local time
Reaction score
Let's assume he wants a fully sealed snorkel not an open raised air intake.

desperately need a periscope and an underwater go pro attachment so I can avoid crocs when doing some river runs.

also,...I might want to dredge my pond with this just by going back and forth spitting up slew everywhere

Local time
Reaction score
the way I see it now the only one thing I need to get is leather. I have a bad back and have to sleep on an air mattress. there's no way I can risk those hard cloth and space age polymer seats killing me. there's 2k. a less expensive pleather option would have been ideal. but 2k really isn't that much...it is front and back

many people like to buy there own wheels as well. If I don't get upgraded alloys, (the 18") it would get put on a list of things I want to do but never end up doing. + I'll end up spending more money when I do.. so I mine as well suck it up and pay 2k because I despise their steelies. I guess I can save up to 1k going with the 17". I don't like them as much as the 18' though.

have to upgrade the tires....there's another 600. no discussion here.

last thing is the switch panel in case I want to turn it into my own urban assault vehicle....have to suck up and pay the fiddler. close to 1500. seems like it would be a good selling point if I sell as well.

I'm up to 6k and there's still more I want........lol

I think I'm tapped. ...hello Scottish white. this is at a 65k base that we hope we're going to get in the usa. that would make it 72k if I'm lucky. not including tax and other misc things. lets round a lil higher and call it 80k out the door for me. stuff adds up quickly

ughhhhh..heated front seats and rubber mats....another 5/6

Last edited:
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
the way I see it now the only one thing I need to get is leather. I have a bad back and have to sleep on an air mattress. there's no way I can risk those hard cloth and space age polymer seats killing me.

The cloth seats are actually really comfortable IMO. If you haven't sat in them yet then definitely worth doing so before choosing leather.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am still wondering how a different covering on the same seat is going to wreck your back !!

Should I have chosen leather ?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The cloth seats are actually really comfortable IMO. If you haven't sat in them yet then definitely worth doing so before choosing leather.
the way I see it now the only one thing I need to get is leather. I have a bad back and have to sleep on an air mattress. there's no way I can risk those hard cloth and space age polymer seats killing me.
Is your air mattress made of leather?

The standard seats will have the same level of support and comfort as the leather, they are the same Recaro design.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Is your air mattress made of leather?

The standard seats will have the same level of support and comfort as the leather, they are the same Recaro design.
l have found the standard seats in my trialmaster extremely comfortable and they seem very hard wearing. So much so that I cancelled the seat covers that were on back order. The truck is fantastic 😎

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am still wondering how a different covering on the same seat is going to wreck your back !!
It's an interesting question I myself have pondered.
The back is already "wrecked"

Local time
Reaction score
lol @ some of the responses. I've had similar synthetic seats like these before. pulled tight materials impregnated with even more chemicals to resist stain and wear. there's very little give to any of them. I can put up with them for short drives but any lengthy drive is taxing. if this works for you, great.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
l have found the standard seats in my trialmaster extremely comfortable and they seem very hard wearing. So much so that I cancelled the seat covers that were on back order. The truck is fantastic 😎
I hope my seat covers are on back order so I can cancel and get the Melville and Moon sand covered ones. 😎

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
lol @ some of the responses. I've had similar synthetic seats like these before. pulled tight materials impregnated with even more chemicals to resist stain and wear. there's very little give to any of them. I can put up with them for short drives but any lengthy drive is taxing. if this works for you, great.
Interesting- it’s been my experience that leather seats tend to be “harder” than their cloth equivalents on longer drives, and therefore less comfortable.

Local time
Reaction score
Interesting- it’s been my experience that leather seats tend to be “harder” than their cloth equivalents on longer drives, and therefore less comfortable.

it's pretty much fact that most leather softens over time and is a very comfortable and giving material. and while manufactures still say cloth, it's mostly made from synthetic materials. those materials prolly have plenty of plastic toxins baked into it as well.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
have to upgrade the tires....there's another 600. no discussion here.
Tire upgrade fo $600? The rough pack (which includes the BFGs and lockers) is over L1,700 UK - so like $2,100 bucks.

Or, if you buy on your own, figure $300+ PER tire. Swapping all five is at least $1500 plus mount and balance.

Local time
Reaction score
Tire upgrade fo $600? The rough pack (which includes the BFGs and lockers) is over L1,700 UK - so like $2,100 bucks.

Or, if you buy on your own, figure $300+ PER tire. Swapping all five is at least $1500 plus mount and balance.

I saw an tire upgrade without the lockers rough pack on the uk spec sheet. hopefully that will exist in the usa.

Back
Top Bottom