The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas field master vs trialmaster

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
Back in early 2000, I bought a Nissan Pathfinder SE which had a higher use of rubber for the interior. I wanted that set up for carrying my skis, mountain bikes, and everything muddy but I wanted leather and heated seats which that model did not offer. The dealership said they could install leather and heated element. I did the deal and a week later picked up my truck with leather heated seats. Was it fine Corinthian either, no. Did it do its job, yes and the heated seats were amazing coming from my Subaru STI heated seats. What I am saying is try the existing set up and then if need be get it reupholster, might be cheaper.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
On a more serious note, I'm thinking the fabric to see how I like it with the idea of the aftermarket plan B. I foresee myself seeing if KatSkin is a viable game plan. I'll be honest though, it's not because I do not think the IA leather is up to snuff, but the aftermarket option allows for ventilated seats. Might sound wimpy to want that in a "made for purpose" truck, but I seriously get a sweaty back. I love driving in warm weather with all the windows down but my shirt ends up pretty wet and I do not like the way it feels.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
the way I see it now the only one thing I need to get is leather. I have a bad back and have to sleep on an air mattress. there's no way I can risk those hard cloth and space age polymer seats killing me. there's 2k. a less expensive pleather option would have been ideal. but 2k really isn't that much...it is front and back

many people like to buy there own wheels as well. If I don't get upgraded alloys, (the 18") it would get put on a list of things I want to do but never end up doing. + I'll end up spending more money when I do.. so I mine as well suck it up and pay 2k because I despise their steelies. I guess I can save up to 1k going with the 17". I don't like them as much as the 18' though.

have to upgrade the tires....there's another 600. no discussion here.

last thing is the switch panel in case I want to turn it into my own urban assault vehicle....have to suck up and pay the fiddler. close to 1500. seems like it would be a good selling point if I sell as well.

I'm up to 6k and there's still more I want........lol

I think I'm tapped. ...hello Scottish white. this is at a 65k base that we hope we're going to get in the usa. that would make it 72k if I'm lucky. not including tax and other misc things. lets round a lil higher and call it 80k out the door for me. stuff adds up quickly

ughhhhh..heated front seats and rubber mats....another 5/6
If your doctor has told you to sleep on an air mattress because of your back issues I would be getting a new doctor.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
these 2 options that IG will offer really tilts me.

from the price/spec sheet from the uk .....I don't want to pay an additional up to 10k and add more and get 1/2 the stuff I don't want while missing out the 1/2 stuff I do. :(

seems like I want to mix an match from the 2....lol and if I get what I really want it's going to be further add ons.

seems like I'm going to have to stick with the base and Ala cart only a few things. they're making me spend less.

anybody feel the same way
I purchased the station wagon and specced it with just about everything the Fieldmaster and Trialmaster have. I think the only thing that was no longer an option was full carpets. I didn't want the high level air filter.
Due to the tax situation in UK, my savings will be in the thousands over the first five years. I do lose 100mm of rear seat leg room (which I should be able to get back if I choose) and I am limited to 50 MPH on A roads & 60 MPH on duel carriageways. I can still do 70 MPH on the motorway however.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On a more serious note, I'm thinking the fabric to see how I like it with the idea of the aftermarket plan B. I foresee myself seeing if KatSkin is a viable game plan. I'll be honest though, it's not because I do not think the IA leather is up to snuff, but the aftermarket option allows for ventilated seats. Might sound wimpy to want that in a "made for purpose" truck, but I seriously get a sweaty back. I love driving in warm weather with all the windows down but my shirt ends up pretty wet and I do not like the way it feels.
At the event on Wednesday, did you get chance to drive in a model with Leather or Fabric?

Im in agreement with most that the seats in general are already quite comfortable, and for me (like most) it will simply come down to price, but I did not expect to like the leather as much as I did. Gonna have to see what that 'Ala Carte' menu looks like

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The truck I drove and the static one you could sit in were both leather. I did not interact with a fabric vehicle.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
I purchased the station wagon and specced it with just about everything the Fieldmaster and Trialmaster have. I think the only thing that was no longer an option was full carpets. I didn't want the high level air filter.
Due to the tax situation in UK, my savings will be in the thousands over the first five years. I do lose 100mm of rear seat leg room (which I should be able to get back if I choose) and I am limited to 50 MPH on A roads & 60 MPH on duel carriageways. I can still do 70 MPH on the motorway however.
Hi Cat.

I don't understand the UK tax issues around cars (every country has it's own unique way of taxing vehicles) but how is the more restrictive speeds applying to your Grenadier practically enforced?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Cat.

I don't understand the UK tax issues around cars (every country has it's own unique way of taxing vehicles) but how is the more restrictive speeds applying to your Grenadier practically enforced?
As I understand, it is not enforced very well and in fact, most drivers of commercial vehicles won’t even be aware. Newer ANPR cameras can spot you via registration numbers and fine you accordingly.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand, it is not enforced very well and in fact, most drivers of commercial vehicles won’t even be aware. Newer ANPR cameras can spot you via registration numbers and fine you accordingly.
Exactly. Yes the ANPR cameras are being used more and one of our contractors was caught do 70mph on the A34 in his transit van 😕

Back
Top Bottom