The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Angus’ build thread

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
10k Mile Update:

Hit this “milestone” yesterday driving through Connecticut. I absolutely still love driving it. I continue to forget to turn off ADAS before driving off. Sometimes when I hit the favorite button it doesn’t take me fully to the correct screen so have to oppress it a couple of times. The start/stop doesn’t affect me too much but I have noticed it is very quick to “engage” when I come to a stop sign. This is a problem when the light changes just as I stop and the hesitation is an issue causing more of a delay to get going.

I recently made a trip to New Jersey for work then extended that trip to South Carolina to watch Louisiana play Coastal Carolina in baseball. The Grenadier garnered a bit of attention and one Univ. of Florida student actually recognized it (this was quite unexpected). He and his teammates checked it out and asked a few questions. I stopped at a car wash and they had several questions. The Grenadier drove fantastic on the Highway and the seats were very comfortable both there and back.

While in SC my windshield crack grew tremendously. I am a bit concerned about the delays in getting a windshield. I know I wasted almost a month on Safelite getting their sh*t together but even dealing with a delay at the dealer (see the Curry Ineos thread). Hopefully this improves over time but knowing all the other cracks that have occurred and then my issue with a chip that has turned into a full fledged break makes me feel as though the windshields are of lesser quality than other components in the vehicle.

Mileage:
My mileage has ranged anywhere from about 12 mpg to 16.5 mpg while running the tires around 45 psi. Currently calculating mileage at about 40 psi. Will add a follow-up in a couple of weeks.

“MODS”
1) affixed my GG medallion; eagerly awaiting the enamel version
2) added some colored letters to the hood/bonnet and the rear ladder door.
3) added WeatherTech floor Mats and cargo liner. Find both acceptable but not fantastic. =Will not be buying the rear seat mats.
4) added American Flag/Gadsden Flag stickers to the rear are side windows. Nothing ostentatious, subtle but visible.

Upcoming Mods
- Special order Sidesteps/sliders. Hopefully will be in by the end of May. Hiking myself up into the Grenadier everyday is becoming tiresome.
- Bison Gear Roof shelf (hopefully this summer)

IMG_2670.jpeg

IMG_2612.jpegIMG_2661.jpeg

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
10k Mile Update:

Hit this “milestone” yesterday driving through Connecticut. I absolutely still love driving it. I continue to forget to turn off ADAS before driving off. Sometimes when I hit the favorite button it doesn’t take me fully to the correct screen so have to oppress it a couple of times. The start/stop doesn’t affect me too much but I have noticed it is very quick to “engage” when I come to a stop sign. This is a problem when the light changes just as I stop and the hesitation is an issue causing more of a delay to get going.

I recently made a trip to New Jersey for work then extended that trip to South Carolina to watch Louisiana play Coastal Carolina in baseball. The Grenadier garnered a bit of attention and one Univ. of Florida student actually recognized it (this was quite unexpected). He and his teammates checked it out and asked a few questions. I stopped at a car wash and they had several questions. The Grenadier drove fantastic on the Highway and the seats were very comfortable both there and back.

While in SC my windshield crack grew tremendously. I am a bit concerned about the delays in getting a windshield. I know I wasted almost a month on Safelite getting their sh*t together but even dealing with a delay at the dealer (see the Curry Ineos thread). Hopefully this improves over time but knowing all the other cracks that have occurred and then my issue with a chip that has turned into a full fledged break makes me feel as though the windshields are of lesser quality than other components in the vehicle.

Mileage:
My mileage has ranged anywhere from about 12 mpg to 16.5 mpg while running the tires around 45 psi. Currently calculating mileage at about 40 psi. Will add a follow-up in a couple of weeks.

“MODS”
3) added WeatherTech floor Mats and cargo liner. Find both acceptable but not fantastic. =Will not be buying the rear seat mats.
4) added American Flag/Gadsden Flag stickers to the rear are side windows. Nothing ostentatious, subtle but visible.

Upcoming Mods
- Special order Sidesteps/sliders. Hopefully will be in by the end of May. Hiking myself up into the Grenadier everyday is becoming tiresome.

View attachment 7854658

View attachment 7854654View attachment 7854655
Nice summary.

matt34

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
10k Mile Update:

Mileage:

“MODS”

Upcoming Mods

View attachment 7854658

View attachment 7854654View attachment 7854655
Hi AngusMacG,

Curious, are you still dealing with the Start/Stop delay? Mine has the same issue. Sometimes taking 2-3 seconds for the motor to turn back soon after I take my foot off of the brake. Sometimes the vehicle actually rolls backward. My dealer is incapable of providing advice or a repair. This is the 4th issue that they just scratch their head and say they can't help. I love the truck but this is a bit silly.

Thanks

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi AngusMacG,

Curious, are you still dealing with the Start/Stop delay? Mine has the same issue. Sometimes taking 2-3 seconds for the motor to turn back soon after I take my foot off of the brake. Sometimes the vehicle actually rolls backward. My dealer is incapable of providing advice or a repair. This is the 4th issue that they just scratch their head and say they can't help. I love the truck but this is a bit silly.

Thanks
Matt,

I’ve only noticed it in traffic which I try to avoid at all costs…the hesitation only happens as I stop and the function kicks in just as I’m stepping on the gas to go again. That is when there is a delay. If it stop and sit and the function engages for few seconds to a minute or two and I step on the gas there isn’t much of a delay. Only when it engages and I step on the gas to go (usually within 1-2 seconds. Any delay is about 2-3 seconds but is really annoying.

Back
Top Bottom