The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Driver Seat Too Low

Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the driver seats being too low?
I'm 5'7 and I feel like I'm a little kid looking over the steering wheel.

Thx

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score

Thx
My daughter is around 5' 5" and hasn't commented on any difficulties.
I am pretty sure that it was on this site I saw a discussion on raising the seat height. It has already been done using spacers at the location bolts.
See: Footwell intrusion

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thx
I’m about the same height as you. I never had the chance to test drive the Grenadier before picking it up. Comments I remembered from @DaveB about raising the seat (using the manual adjustment) and driving in a more upright position and adjusting the steering wheel have allowed me to find a very comfortable driving position with really good vision.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
I had clients as short as 4'11" (and a number of them between 5'1"-5'3"), and all said they could see just fine, this is with the seat in the higher positions of course

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
I had clients as short as 4'11" (and a number of them between 5'1"-5'3"), and all said they could see just fine, this is with the seat in the higher positions of course
I fit into that category and had no visibility issues on or off road.

Local time
Reaction score
I test drove about 5 months ago - memory not entirely fresh - but I remember being able to adjust the seat up or down quite effectively. I don't think you can lift your butt quite as high as in a Wrangler, but it seemed to offer a good seating position with pretty good ability to adjust. As an aside, I found the seats to be an order of magnitude more supportive and more comfortable than those found in Wranglers and Tacomas (but "comfort" is obviously subjective). I'm 6' 2" - so maybe my comments about seat-height aren't all that helpful.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score

Thx
Have you tried the manual pump it up lever on the side of the seat? It is old school, however it works great. My wife is 4'11" and once we moved the seat up she had great visibility. DaBull

GavinD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
I am generally finding the seat lowish, playing around with the pump and cannot get the exact right position that my legs enjoy. Coming from an old defender for many years they like a nice right angle position. When I get the seat height right I feel like I am looking into the bottom of the visor, it is a work in progress finding the right position even after a couple of months of driving. Might try the raise seat option from underneath.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am generally finding the seat lowish, playing around with the pump and cannot get the exact right position that my legs enjoy. Coming from an old defender for many years they like a nice right angle position. When I get the seat height right I feel like I am looking into the bottom of the visor, it is a work in progress finding the right position even after a couple of months of driving. Might try the raise seat option from underneath.
Tomorrow will be my 7th day of owning and driving the Gren and I should be up around 700-800km by tomorrow. Its a RHD version. My wife is 5'5 and found most of the upper levels comfortable from top level down 4 pushes on the udjuster and about 3 clicks back from full forward on the slides.

I however am a mixed bag on driving comfort at present and I am working through this each day to find "my position". The angle of the throttle is ok by the wedged feeling my left foot and knee constantly finds - its a work in progress. I'm 5'10. For thought.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be my 7th day of owning and driving the Gren and I should be up around 700-800km by tomorrow. Its a RHD version. My wife is 5'5 and found most of the upper levels comfortable from top level down 4 pushes on the udjuster and about 3 clicks back from full forward on the slides.

I however am a mixed bag on driving comfort at present and I am working through this each day to find "my position". The angle of the throttle is ok by the wedged feeling my left foot and knee constantly finds - its a work in progress. I'm 5'10. For thought.
I found initially i was pushing my left foot hard up against the front of the rest.
I then placed my foot in the correct place on the rest and adjusted the seat and wheel until it was comfortable.
Now my left foot always hits that spot.
It also made the armrest on the window sill perfect for my arm.
my eyeline is at the top of the windscreen which gives a great view all round.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just another perspective, I have found about 3 different seating positins that all work well with different pros and cons. One best in town, one long drives, a third off road. On long trips I like to change, so that is helpfull id prefer less noticeable left knee stuff, but it is way better than old defender, and the seat, after a couple of 10 hour driving days, is superb.

Back
Top Bottom