The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Front

Prodriver

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
Is it me or anyone else notice that the Recaro seats have a little too much boy racer in the bottom pan. I wish the bolsters where not so hard as its going to kill the leather getting in and out. Also slightly uncomfortable, Im 6,3" and 240 so not that bad. I wish it was flatter like my Chev tahoe. It's like a comp 2 seat in a corvette, not a work truck.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
Quite the opposite... While I think the seat is super comfortable, I'd be alright with a bit more bolster, partially because it's great on longer drives and partially because it works well to keep you planted on rough tracks and off camber moments... For reference, I'm 6' 240lbs

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
I'm 6'1, but I have an extra brisket on you. It's cozy but I have also driven an M3 that was similarly bolstered. I appreciate the support during spirited or rough driving.

DustCloud

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
I reckon they were designed according to the comfort preference and shape of Jim Radcliffe...

The Recaro thing was pushed hard at every stage of the sales process (not being a motor sport fan, I barely had barely heard of them previously). While I guess it's a personal thing, they don't fit my body well (wide ass?), back support isn't there, encouraging my poor posture, and they are a bit firmer than I would like. My old JK Wrangler seats are much better (for me).

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
No different to the seats in the S1 Discovery from 1993.
Very comfortable. Grab the gutter and lift your arse when exiting, maybe put a seat cover on if it's a work truck.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
I’m quite happy with the seats but I’m a tad bit smaller (5’5”; 205). I did adjust the seat back to be a bit more upright and love it. The bolsters on the side make it feel more comfortable to me.

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
I'm 6'1, but I have an extra brisket on you. It's cozy but I have also driven an M3 that was similarly bolstered. I appreciate the support during spirited or rough driving.
Yummmmmm….Brisket

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Is it me or anyone else notice that the Recaro seats have a little too much boy racer in the bottom pan. I wish the bolsters where not so hard as its going to kill the leather getting in and out. Also slightly uncomfortable, Im 6,3" and 240 so not that bad. I wish it was flatter like my Chev tahoe. It's like a comp 2 seat in a corvette, not a work truck.
I think someone posted about an inflatable lumbar support that an upholster could install that is adjusted with a simple hand bulb pump. That might help with the back seat portion of the seats and perhaps an upholster could add another layer of foam under the seat portion too. DaBull

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
I’m 6ft 2 in, 250 pounds and found the seats rather slim fit on the old arse!
But gladly, like my arse , they have spread a little with time and are far more comfortable, the seat softening appears to have improved the lumber support !

Back
Top Bottom