The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
All - For those who don't know me, I started this thread and came up with the Favorites hack. Someone else would have eventually done it but I did it first and shared it with everyone because of how annoying the feature was to me. This little hack is important because, without it, it would be 10 steps vs 3 to disable the overspeed limit warning. This is something that dealers preconfigure now because of how annoying the implementation of this feature is to 'most' owners, and their passengers.

36,000 views later and here we are 6 months later. Same conversation with more and more annoyed owners.
In terms of my post/comment about a 'direct line to the CEO,' I added the language below to my original post that kicked off the 4 pages of _ _ _ _ that happened over the last 3-4 days.

'Edit for clarity on 4/28/24. I was not advocating that we all call the CEO, just that it would be nice to give our feedback directly and not through a customer service line. Nothing more, nothing less.'

This is the only comment I'm going to make on this.

Finally and importantly, I would add, that if you click on a member profile, mine for example, you can hit ignore and not see any of my posts going forward. This Forum feature is how ADAS should work.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
All - For those who don't know me, I started this thread and came up with the Favorites hack. Someone else would have eventually done it but I did it first and shared it with everyone because of how annoying the feature was to me. This little hack is important because, without it, it would be 10 steps vs 3 to disable the overspeed limit warning. This is something that dealers preconfigure now because of how annoying the implementation of this feature is to 'most' owners, and their passengers.

36,000 views later and here we are 6 months later. Same conversation with more and more annoyed owners.
In terms of my post/comment about a 'direct line to the CEO,' I added the language below to my original post that kicked off the 4 pages of _ _ _ _ that happened over the last 3-4 days.

'Edit for clarity on 4/28/24. I was not advocating that we all call the CEO, just that it would be nice to give our feedback directly and not through a customer service line. Nothing more, nothing less.'

This is the only comment I'm going to make on this.

Finally and importantly, I would add, that if you click on a member profile, mine for example, you can hit ignore and not see any of my posts going forward. This Forum feature is how ADAS should work.

Can you please attach your LinkedIn profile to your post? I don’t want to call you but it would be nice to give my feedback directly and not through this forum. Nothing more, nothing less.

I invented the window down hack. You see, when I bought it, the windows were up. I figured no one else was intelligent enough to figure how to put the windows down. So that’s what I came up with.

I’ll show myself out. 😘

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
A Public Service Announcement for those reading:

Apropos of nothing, if you hover your cursor over a user's name, you can then click the 'Ignore' button to... ignore.

Just a reminder.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, here’s my brief conclusion and recap.

A certain user received their Grenadier back in November. They posted a long review of the strengths and weaknesses. They voted something like 98% awesome but the 2% they couldn’t past (ADAS click) and they were getting out. No problem. To each, their own. Not for everyone. Keep in mind, this is late November / early December.

They posted at least 30 more times, probably more, on the same topic while starting different threads and hijacking others with ADAS comments. There complaints were so persistent, they received a mention in an Auto Week review.

Several people took these complaints so seriously, they claimed they were canceling their orders. I’m thinking, “This isn’t exactly cool.” But I let it slide.

Fast forward, to early March - seven weeks ago. The same user posted that they sold the Grenadier for the exact reasons noted above and they bade farewell to the forum. Great. No problem. Have a great life.

Fast forward to the past 3-4 days, same user is still on the forum and still griping, flaming the product, the management team, etc., Literally, they’ve made several dozens of posts on the subject. Relentless.

As a person that owns two Grenadiers and just ordered a QM, I started to feel my interests weren’t being protected. So, I started my own campaign - equally ridiculous, maybe more.

I’ll be keeping my Grenadiers. And if anyone wants to sell because of the over speed warning, let me know. I’ll buy more.
Thanks for playing along.

Last edited:

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to say its beyond me why people take stuff on a car board so seriously and personally.
Both for and against.
Honestly, I’m never that much of a protagonist / advocate. Admittedly, I like the brand and want them to succeed. I think it’s fantastic. I’m invested. But, as in other forums, if a user gets two people to agree, they think they’ve achieved quorum…

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
Can you please attach your LinkedIn profile to your post? I don’t want to call you but it would be nice to give my feedback directly and not through this forum. Nothing more, nothing less.

I invented the window down hack. You see, when I bought it, the windows were up. I figured no one else was intelligent enough to figure how to put the windows down. So that’s what I came up with.

I’ll show myself out. 😘
Congrats.
First time I've ever used the ignore button on any forum, anywhere; anytime in my entire life.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
My ADAS decided the other day that the freeway speed should be 45 and there’s a certain stretch in Culver City that the database has as being 5mph.

Could be worse. I could have a cyber truck with a glued on throttle pedal. So thanks for small mercies.

Local time
Reaction score
How long does it take to complete the 3 steps to turn it off? In my other vehicles I had similar issues with the auto start/stop. After a while it became second nature and part of the start up routine. It cant be disabled via OB2 tool?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
How long does it take to complete the 3 steps to turn it off? In my other vehicles I had similar issues with the auto start/stop. After a while it became second nature and part of the start up routine. It cant be disabled via OB2 tool?
5 seconds?

And currently no OBD2 tool exists to program anything on these vehicles

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I say that IF all the people here who don't mind the annoying ADAS clicking or think disabling the feature each and every time is no big deal were actually given the option to permanently turn it off, they would do it immediately.
Drop the mic, discussion over.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I say that IF all the people here who don't mind the annoying ADAS clicking or think disabling the feature each and every time is no big deal were actually given the option to permanently turn it off, they would do it immediately.
Drop the mic, discussion over.
Totally agree. However, that will very likely be an impossibility with every make and model in the very near future. So, with all due respect, why even have the discussion?

Last edited:

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Totally agree. However, that will very likely be an impossibility with every make and model in the very near future. So, with all due respect, why even have the discussion?

I see the discussion as reasonable because 2024 owners don’t care about every make and model in the very near future. They care about their 2024 models which have this annoyance. 🤷🏻

And IMO, part of the value of noisy forum clamour about any vehicle deficiency is to establish that a significant number of expensive vehicle owners are likely willing to open their wallets to an enterprising person or firm with a solution. I wish I had the chops and R&D gear to attempt this but I don’t.

An OBD2 startup script on a dongle at a fair price would be greeted by many, I’m sure including some of those who are currently content with their manual startup button pressing.

• Love
Reactions: S52

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You are definitely not experiencing the norm. Has this been an issue since purchase? Are you on the list for a software update?
Really I felt like that was accurate. What is your experience?

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see the discussion as reasonable because 2024 owners don’t care about every make and model in the very near future. They care about their 2024 models which have this annoyance. 🤷🏻

And IMO, part of the value of noisy forum clamour about any vehicle deficiency is to establish that a significant number of expensive vehicle owners are likely willing to open their wallets to an enterprising person or firm with a solution. I wish I had the chops and R&D gear to attempt this but I don’t.

An OBD2 startup script on a dongle at a fair price would be greeted by many, I’m sure including some of those who are currently content with their manual startup button pressing.
Every 2024 car imported from the EU after July, 2023 has the exact same over speed warning. It’s not exclusive to Ineos. New BMW and Mercedes buyers are experiencing similar clicks and hoots.

There is discussion of an OBD2 solution for BMW. According to this thread you have to send your module to a company in Finland and pay 1200 Euro. The car will be disabled while the module is out and the warranty appears to be voided if a third party does the coding.

Back
Top Bottom