The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Help - poor visibility for tall drivers

JCRover

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm looking for any help in improvements for tall drivers, I'm 6'4" and the seats just don't have enough adjustability to allow good visibility.
I've already removed the sunvisor (completely worthless to me), and looked at lowering the seat frame - not an easy task and will require cutting and welding on the body to accomplish this (will likely tackle it later in the year once I'm 100% certain I'll be keeping it for a very long time). This should allow me to see to the side and sideview better, but like I stated not something I'm ready to commit to now.

In the meantime, I need an option to adjust or alter the side view mirror as currently I'm basically looking at the left rear wheel rather than traffic in the next lane (LHD vehicle).

Also thinking of adding a rear view camera system as the factory rear view is kinda silly. Has anyone tackled this yet?

Thanks,
JC

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
While I’m an inch shorter, I can somewhat relate, and certainly wish the seat would go just a little bit lower. Many of us have installed the Wolfbox mirror: Here’s a forum thread discussing it. Not difficult to install, and made a big difference (especially coming for a new defender that had this type of rear view camera setup).

Other than that, I can’t help much because the Grenadier is actually my wife’s ride, so I just kinda suck it up and make the best of it when I’m driving…… what’s the saying…. Happy wife = Happy life 😂
(in debt 🤣)

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
I am the same height. I found that raising the seat higher made for the best position for me. The steering wheel tilt also better matches a higher seating position.

Back
Top Bottom