The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side windows visibility

Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
For anyone who has seen the production model in person I'm interested to know how the visibility is looking out of the side windows in both the front and rear seats.

I've seen a few videos on YouTube where if someone is sitting upright and they turn their head sideways to look out the windows their eyes will actually be well above the window and they actually have to duck their head down to see out at all. Seems to be worse in the backseats since the seats are elevated.

For anyone who has sat in the car what was your experience? Do you have to duck your head down to see out the window or is this only a problem for people who are very tall? I'm around average height and if I have to duck my head down to see out of the side windows while driving then that will be a deal breaker for me because that is a ridiculous design oversight if true.

Thank you for any answers.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
For anyone who has seen the production model in person I'm interested to know how the visibility is looking out of the side windows in both the front and rear seats.

I've seen a few videos on YouTube where if someone is sitting upright and they turn their head sideways to look out the windows their eyes will actually be well above the window and they actually have to duck their head down to see out at all. Seems to be worse in the backseats since the seats are elevated.

For anyone who has sat in the car what was your experience? Do you have to duck your head down to see out the window or is this only a problem for people who are very tall? I'm around average height and if I have to duck my head down to see out of the side windows while driving then that will be a deal breaker for me because that is a ridiculous design oversight if true.

Thank you for any answers.
I am 5'10" in your money and have sat in back and front with no problems that I can recall.
This is my daughter in the back seat and she is about 5'7"-5'8" 1683265786638.png

Local time
Reaction score
I am 5'10" in your money and have sat in back and front with no problems that I can recall.
This is my daughter in the back seat and she is about 5'7"-5'8" View attachment 7810551
Ok I'm 5' 10" as well so that's good.
At least very tall people have plenty of headroom and don't have to worry about hitting their head on the ceiling like with a lot of other vehicles.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If I can just turn my head to the side while sitting upright and see out without having to duck then it's good enough for me.
Then you’re all
Good.

But it’s relative. If you want to look up above you and close you may need to duck more than say in a landcruiser but to just look left or right it’s fine.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
For context I have seen videos like this where people talk about this subject. The back seats are raised as well. Screenshot_20230505-153747_YouTube.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
If you like the concept put your $450 down. Then when you drive it if it doesn’t suit you, cash in.
But I wouldn’t sweat it too much.
Well this vehicle is a lot more expensive than others I'm considering like the Bronco so I would like to know whether I should save for it instead of jumping on the first deal of another vehicle I find.

Local time
Reaction score
I wonder how tall these guys are. the one in the passenger seat doesn't even look like he has enough head room. not to mention he's wearing the dashboard. there's going to be a dunk under, peek a boo effect for these two.

Seems he has at least enough headroom but he was saying in the video he has to kind of duck to see out of the windows.

Still better than a Jeep where tall people hit their head on the soundbar or other vehicles where there is just no headroom at all.

My Bronco Sport is a small vehicle but has amazing interior space.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
Depends on your seating height and comfort angle for your back. I'm only 5'10 so no issues but my mate come along on one of the test drives he is 6'3 and had to duck a little... but I'm not that tall so I can turn a blind eye in any case :rolleyes:

As to the RHD footrest...

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
Seems he has at least enough headroom but he was saying in the video he has to kind of duck to see out of the windows.

Still better than a Jeep where tall people hit their head on the soundbar or other vehicles where there is just no headroom at all.

My Bronco Sport is a small vehicle but has amazing interior space.
Any utilitarian or transporter vehicle designed not to fit 6'4 people properly is poor design these days. There are so many tall kids these days... I swear the average 20 year old male is now 6 foot in Aus... But then design is aimed at the median market fit!!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am 6’2” and sitting in the back I found the top of the window a bit lower than I would have liked, but the higher “stadium” seating in the back means it’s good looking out the front. In the front seats it was fine. Fortunately I will probably never sit in the back

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any utilitarian or transporter vehicle designed not to fit 6'4 people properly is poor design these days. There are so many tall kids these days... I swear the average 20 year old male is now 6 foot in Aus... But then design is aimed at the median market fit!!
amen to that. My train station is next to 2 schools - heaps of kids catching trains - almost every 15yo kid is taller than me.

and no - I am not tall but not a midget either (5'8")

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Depends on your seating height and comfort angle for your back. I'm only 5'10 so no issues but my mate come along on one of the test drives he is 6'3 and had to duck a little... but I'm not that tall so I can turn a blind eye in any case :rolleyes:

As to the RHD footrest...
Yeah, good point. Surgically shortening your neck sounds harder than shortening your left leg.

Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Can you see overhead traffic lights easily from the driver's seat or is this a classic British design that makes it difficult?

Back
Top Bottom