The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas DIY Garage Day - Checker Plate, Picnic Table, Wheel Swap.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Somebody please educate me. Why is everyone using silver aluminum pop rivets on black checker plates? Black pop rivets are a thing and available, right? I have checker plates on order, but if my dealer is planning on using base aluminum pop rivets, I'm going home brew and sourcing some black ones if that is a possibility.
Supplied by Ineos

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
For what it’s worth my dealer @Rusnak INEOS Grenadier asked me if I would like silver or black.

They took it on themselves to order up the black ones. So I’d ask your dealer to stump up and buy some workshop consumables.

View attachment 7844380
Regal told me they only had what Ineos provided but that I could bring my own black rivets . . . I've asked them for the size so I know what to order. I've also asked Ineos the same question directly. Once I know the size, I'll see if Regal wants to go ahead and order them (on the house as it were) from Amazon or wherever, since I'm sure other customers will be requesting the same thing. And, yeah, the black rivet install looks extremely clean! I'll send that pic to Regal with my next e-mail.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Are the fenders steel or aluminum? I’ve been told both. Seems like a straightforward install. I might add some more tape at the holes to act as a seal.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Are the fenders steel or aluminum? I’ve been told both. Seems like a straightforward install. I might add some more tape at the holes to act as a seal.
They are aluminum-not steel.

matt34

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a set of factory checkered plates here at my house in Los Angeles, still in the box that I am selling. I decided not to install them. Will sell them for cost which was $330 in think. Available for local pickup or I can ship them domestically. :)

Attachments

• IMG_9126.jpeg
    IMG_9126.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9128.jpeg
    IMG_9128.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9127.jpeg
    IMG_9127.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9129.jpeg
    IMG_9129.jpeg