The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

December Builds

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone that has been told they have a December build actually had notification it has gone into production? I signed my contract 6 weeks ago and was told I have a December build but haven't seen any changes in my account....and with only 1 day left in the month I can't see it happening 😅
I assume the French workforce will all be drinking wine for the next week or so

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone that has been told they have a December build actually had notification it has gone into production? I signed my contract 6 weeks ago and was told I have a December build but haven't seen any changes in my account....and with only 1 day left in the month I can't see it happening 😅
I assume the French workforce will all be drinking wine for the next week or so
Mine was a December build and I’ve been provided with the vin number. It‘s awaiting software apparently and the last correspondence with Ineos was that once this has been fixed, it’ll go in to the logistics system and the dealer will get notified etc. I plan to chase ineos next week when normality has returned.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Mine was a December build and I’ve been provided with the vin number. It‘s awaiting software apparently and the last correspondence with Ineos was that once this has been fixed, it’ll go in to the logistics system and the dealer will get notified etc. I plan to chase ineos next week when normality has returned.
Interesting.. does your account show it as being in production?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting.. does your account show it as being in production?
Nope, my on line account hasn’t moved and still reflects my original order, including colour, that I changed when I signed the Contract. My vin number suggests that at least 900 grens had been built before it.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Could you please be so kind and tell me what vin number means?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
+1

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that the VIN number I have is slightly different:
SC6GN2DB2PFxxxxxx

ive added the x’s to hide the actual production number, but it’s in the first 1000. The letters and numbers all have meaning. My orders is for the diesel variant which may explain some difference . I’m sure someone will know what they all mean..

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Currently they are in a few different formats ~ possibly worthy of its own thread?
Interesting that the VIN number I have is slightly different:
SC6GN2DB2PFxxxxxx

ive added the x’s to hide the actual production number, but it’s in the first 1000. The letters and numbers all have meaning. My orders is for the diesel variant which may explain some difference . I’m sure someone will know what they all mean..

SIMPS602

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I would take great heart that you have been supplied a VIN. this would surely imply that the vehicle is physical and barring updates to software is ready for imminent shipment. the whole Reservation/order/contract thing fascinates me. I thought I had got onto the system on day one of every stage yet have slipped from an initial Production schedule of October to February. My specification isn't particularly exotic or onerous. Are there any correlations between reservation, order numbers, and contract dates that anyone knows about?

maybe I shouldn't have ordered the spade !

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The straw that broke the camels back!

It's hard with all the data people post to see any clear rhyme or reason why someone has a contract and someone else doesn't.

It did occur to me that retail agent selected may play a part and Ineos want to spread the initial orders around the network to get each location up and running with live customers soonest?

SIMPS602

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
The straw that broke the camels back!

It's hard with all the data people post to see any clear rhyme or reason why someone has a contract and someone else doesn't.

It did occur to me that retail agent selected may play a part and Ineos want to spread the initial orders around the network to get each location up and running with live customers soonest?
That could well be a factor, good thought. I noticed that the display vehicle in Edinburgh carries a registration plate, surely this implies that all legal and procedural certifications are completed, however, to my knowledge none of the agents currently have a vehicle that can be driven on the public highway.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That could well be a factor, good thought. I noticed that the display vehicle in Edinburgh carries a registration plate, surely this implies that all legal and procedural certifications are completed, however, to my knowledge none of the agents currently have a vehicle that can be driven on the public highway.
My local dealer was expecting to have a vehicle by Christmas and I think this forum provides better updates anyway.

The point about Ineos spreading initial deliveries evenly across the uk seems beyond their capability on current form. I don’t think they’ve got the systems horse power to do the basics, let alone delivery phasing by geography….

Id like to believe that a combination of our enthusiasm for the product, and Ineos muddling through their automotive infancy will get “the job done”

Back
Top Bottom