The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I know a few people who do that, reject the call because it is an unknown number.
What if it is a friend or relative calling to say they have a new number?
My grandson called me on a mobile borrowed from the mother of a school friend to get me to come and get him from school, because his useless father hadn't turned up.
What if it is the police or hospital calling to tell you a relative has been involved in a serious accident and you need to come quickly???
If the call is importent leave a voicemail! I have not met a outbound sales operation or scammer that leaves a message, so far!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
I know a few people who do that, reject the call because it is an unknown number.
My grandson called me on a mobile borrowed from the mother of a school friend to get me to come and get him from school, because his useless father hadn't turned up.
What if it is the police or hospital calling to tell you a relative has been involved in a serious accident and you need to come quickly???
My partner got a phone call from her daughter from an unknown number, it was a scam and she fell in the trap ...
I get often calls from federal police (unknown numbers) for interpreting jobs, until now it weren't scams, I always answer and accept the assignment.

Not easy to discern ...

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
As already mentioned. If it was important, they would leave a message. If the call was persistent I would take a chance and answer. I seem to get several cold calls a day the sample of which I do answer invariably are wasting my time however I have been caught out and missed a medical appointment or some such.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
My partner got a phone call from her daughter from an unknown number, it was a scam and she fell in the trap ...
I get often calls from federal police (unknown numbers) for interpreting jobs, until now it weren't scams, I always answer and accept the assignment.

Not easy to discern ...
I get one or two computer dialed calls per week.
Typically there is a couple of seconds of silence after you answer while they are putting the call through to one of their operators.
I sometimes like to have a bit of fun with them.
I told one I had to talk really quietly as I was in prison and I didn't want the guards to find out I had a phone.
Another time I was a homeless person and had found the phone on a body in an alley.
Or the old "I am the chief of police, how did you get this number"
Life's too short not to have some fun.

Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
what if it's someone who wants to talk with you about an extended auto warrantee"

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the call yesterday too. For those wondering it came from the IA UK contact centre number (0800 0853847) which I had stored in my phone so I got a heads up who was calling.

I provided honest, positive feedback as I’m really happy with my Grenadier and service from my agent. Only issues I highlighted were the usual trio of random warning errors, “wet feet” and steering wheel 5 deg. off. I emphasised none of these were affecting my driving experience. The rep didn’t know when the software update would be released.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tried twice to call to my dealer Hedin today to know if they could tell me something about the repair of my airco problem.
In the phone queue, twice first one but nobody attended.
Then I send an e-mail to the workshop manager, with in copy the dealer manager and his "Grenadier" assistant.
What I feared happened:
  • first answer: we are still waiting for the delivery of the low pressure airco pipe
  • next question (from me): what is the estimate for delivery? The global spare parts warehouse from Ineos Automotive is located in Belgium, but I guess they don't have it in stock there? And what about my other problems?
  • next answer: "the build up of the stock of spare parts doesn't seem to be finalized, We escalated the problem to the after sales manager for Ineos within the Hedin group."
  • and: "your problem with the roof switches has been solved".
I will probably pick up my car in the upcoming days, repaired or not, and bring it back to the workshop once they have the pipe! Probably in winter :eek: :unsure: , my guess. And try to find the cause of the water infiltration myself!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You would think they could rob from the production line. Agree, take it back until the parts are in stock!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You would think they could rob from the production line. Agree, take it back until the parts are in stock!
They will never do this, because this is a disruption of their production line. They use a "KANBAN" management system, and this means having a quite tight production flow. But, who knows ...
It doesn't matter for me personally, I hate airco, but in some occasions in summer, especially if I am out for work, it is better to have it. And my partner doesn't stand the heat very well.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes! My grandson, of whom I didn’t even know he existed, called me the other day. If I hadn’t taken the call, I would have never found out that he needed 50k to get out of a prison in Guatemala.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
Yes! My grandson, of whom I didn’t even know he existed, called me the other day. If I hadn’t taken the call, I would have never found out that he needed 50k to get out of a prison in Guatemala.
Did you tell him that you can't get him the money but you can send him soap on rope so he won't have to worry about dropping it.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Did you tell him that you can't get him the money but you can send him soap on rope so he won't have to worry about dropping it.
No! Very good Idea! He asked for more money anyway (apparently, the handling fees for the judicial process have risen due to global inflation), so I‘ll just top it off for the soap.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my car today, in two phases:
  • went to my dealer (around 13h30) and asked my car back to the Ineos/Hedin adjunct, and if not if I could have a look
  • he went to the chief technician who told him that there were some trim panels to be mounted and that I couldn't have a look.
  • I asked to the adjunct to call the chief technician, he did it but walked away, knowing that I was quite angry
  • Chief technician came, I told him: I want to see my car, and he said OK :unsure:
  • We looked at the car, he showed me where the airco leak was detected (see picture below, small crack on the pipe itself), and that he didn't know when the airco pipe (or module) would arrive
  • I explained again my water infiltration problem, he told me what he did try to find the origin, and we exchanged some ideas
  • I asked him to take the car home "as is", waiting for the delivery of the airco component, but he didn't agree, first putting back the trim parts.
  • I went home, and around 16h they called me I could pick up my car, luckily for me it is only half an hour drive
20230719_180728 crack low pressure pipe.jpg

The good news:
  • the inverted roof connectors INT1 and EXT2 were switched!
  • I can drive my car again
The bad news:
  • of course the airco not solved
  • of course the water infiltration not found
  • no software update

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[*]I explained again my water infiltration problem, he told me what he did try to find the origin, and we exchanged some ideas
So what had they done to try and find the leak?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So what had they done to try and find the leak?
They hosed the car with water. I told him I already did that, and that in my opinion he should leave the car a long time in the rain or under the hose to see that there is indeed a water infiltration.
I told him it was a very small leak!
I suggested to use a smoke generating device on the venting tubes.

I hope he thinks about it!

I'll try to locate it myself, but it almost doesn't rain the last weeks, and am not inclined to use tap water for this!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You should have asked if you could drive into the rain room whilst at the factory.

Back
Top Bottom