The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

December Builds

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:00 PM
Reaction score
Because in German it is FIN = Fahrzeugidentifikationsnummer
so in English it's the F(expletive) Indentifikation Number
I never realised that's what fahrzeugidenti meant translated from German into English. My old Science German text book (1963) is really out of date!
see.. who said we don't have a lot in common? :unsure: 😉 😂

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
"Fahrzeugidentifikationsnummer" explained:
  • Fahrzeug: Vehicle
  • Identifikations: Identification
  • Nummer: Number

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
So no confirmation yet from anyone on this forum that their car has actually been built...?

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
Yes, that’s the problem … If December turns out to mean January (or February…?), then I conclude that April (my build month), is very probably also a fantasy.

Not a problem for me, but I would rather know now so that I can plan

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Component supplies and raw materials are getting better but now there are huge backlogs of orders to fill.
We have delayed the launch of several new products from 2022 to 2024/25 so we can build up enough components to properly support our customers with not only the products but also spares.
One product which is 20 years old but used in many major mines and heavy industry around the world was in critical supply but the factory told me3 weeks ago that they now have enough components to support the product, maintain production and support customer spares for the next 7 years to the end of life of the product.
These are the sorts of things good manufacturers have to take into account

Ineos not only has to get enough components to build the vehicles, they also have to fill their spare parts centres in Belgium and Australia, before a single vehicle hits the customers hands.
It would be catastrophic if a customer had a breakdown or accident a week after taking delivery to be told no spares available for 12 months

1672876094705.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
No.

INEOS told me last week that my "December build" was an estimate only but, it will be built on January as my order has "gone to production"
In the normal course of events a December build would be in and then out of production in @5 days; but if it goes through production with bits missing (the hardware/chips/software mentioned elsewhere) and then is parked up somewhere, is it still in production?

Ineos are releasing chassis numbers. @Ever Pragmatic has a chassis number under 1,000. The question is are these just the pre-allocated numbers prior to production commencing or now on vehicles parked up?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the normal course of events a December build would be in and then out of production in @5 days; but if it goes through production with bits missing (the hardware/chips/software mentioned elsewhere) and then is parked up somewhere, is it still in production?

Ineos are releasing chassis numbers. @Ever Pragmatic has a chassis number under 1,000. The question is are these just the pre-allocated numbers prior to production commencing or now on vehicles parked up?
IA have emailed me stating that the vehicle was physical but awaiting a software update, which is what I’m guessing is the issue for others. They committed to update me by the 6th.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, I might have missed that previously.

My agent told me on the phone yesterday that there was an Ineos update on the way shortly, maybe it's a proof of life photo for you? 😁

kidnapped_0.jpg

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, I might have missed that previously.

My agent told me on the phone yesterday that there was an Ineos update on the way shortly, maybe it's a proof of life photo for you? 😁

View attachment 7799426
But please no more fast paced marketing or sponsorship information - just the basics with precision and clarity please

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom