The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
Just as a side note I got the information today that there has been a supplier (I would estimate for the brake lines) who raised his hand because the delivered quality/tolerance/… hasn’t been good enough.
Unfortunately the company went in insolvency right away…
So there had to be found a new supplier within short notice.
Maybe someone her can find out who was the original manufacturer and whether it went really into insolvency.
It would for sure explain some of the delay!
Well here's the first company I've located that Ineos were dealing with that went into insolvency:

01.jpg

Ineos listed them as supplying "brake pedal box".

Company was later bought out of administration but that might have been too late for Ineos to continue supply:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that 'we' all of us will only get status information from our dealer network and likely nothing much at all from IA. Aussie dealers seem to be doing a good job.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that 'we' all of us will only get status information from our dealer network and likely nothing much at all from IA. Aussie dealers seem to be doing a good job.
Agreed, unlikely IA are going to change approach now. Can only vouch for my dealer in UK but they’ve been very good throughout this rather tortuous process.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
Yep

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
Well here's the first company I've located that Ineos were dealing with that went into insolvency:

View attachment 7808262

Ineos listed them as supplying "brake pedal box".

Company was later bought out of administration but that might have been too late for Ineos to continue supply:
Thanks for finding out!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
An interesting read from Gary Pearson, Head of Sales & Marketing UK, MENA at INEOS Automotive in the 'Sick of waiting' thread. This was in response to a question from Jeremy 996

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great post Stu_Barnes should contact him for a q and a for the forum

Farmer Michael

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
Well I contacted my supplying agent to cancel the order, they said I had to contact INEOS direct. I was then told would forfeit my £2500 deposit. Consequently, I will stay with it and just moan.

I really don't understand why only one vehicle has been registered in the UK, I think DPCU is correct with the Type Approval argument.

I remember years ago when the first EVO VI's were brought in the country and the Nomad I had were registered under SVA rules. Maybe that's how they got the first one on the road.

A very bizarre situation, with hundreds if not thousands of vehicles produced and 99.9999999% are glued to parking lots.
Have you signed your contract? I cancelled after I had received my contract, but I didn't sign it, and received a full refund.

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Well give the top secret information stream that seems to be flowing out of the United States at the moment. Ineos could probably get a contract for the education of their state department, to tell them how to keep secrets.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How long does it take for the vehicle to be registered IN TRANSIT to delivery?

I suppose I could beat the system and buy via Autotrader: there are two for sale on Autotrader now in the UK. One at £85k and the other at £65k + VAT = £78k.

Last edited:

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
I consider transit complete when it is in my driveway.
Agreed. It seems there isn’t a lot of clarity to when one status ends and the next one begins. I used to be in international logistics and that was always a tough one. When a carrier says a container is “On the water” do they mean it’s loaded on a ship but still at port, or is it at the destination port but awaiting a berth, or is it currently docked and being worked by the longshoreman? Unless Ineos details out exactly what their triggers are for each change in status, we’re just guessing at what “In Transit” means.

Many of you are anxiously (patiently or impatiently) waiting for your vehicle deliver or handover. We’re a little behind here in the US, I’m anxiously awaiting my test drive on 5/12. Then I’ll be anxiously waiting the order banks to open. Then who knows what I’m in for after that. I feel for everyone who has been waiting months or a year for their delivery. Sending patience to you all🤣

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I reckon they just need to turn their computer off and on

Aye, well it's no just the computer that needs a restart, 'tis the whole Ineos Automotive function dealing with the Customer Purchase Experience. My experience was at best diabolical, and despite my now having a fantastic vehicle it has severely tarnished my overall image of Ineos. Were it not for an exceptional group of dedicated enthusiastic dealers, my order would have been cancelled many months ago.

Back
Top Bottom