The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
A good question @DCPU. Australia does piggy back off some overseas standards, but our Australian design rule (ADR) compliance approval process has a lot of unique requirements.

However Ineos increased the GVM by 50kg to 3550kg for Australia, which has resulted in the the Grenadier now being classified as medium goods vehicle (NB) here, rather than a light goods (NA) or off road passenger vehicle (MC). As. result it only has to meet a less stringent set of ADRs and is no longer is subject to our luxury car tax, saving the buyer around $10k.

Toyota also did the same thing soon after Ineos with the 70 series Land Cruiser, but only upped the gvm by 10kg to 3510kg.

Link to the current ADR definitions and vehicle categories https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2022C01069

Cheers
Steve
Downside - can't get a novated lease on a Grenadier (due to light commerical status)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
A good question @DCPU. Australia does piggy back off some overseas standards, but our Australian design rule (ADR) compliance approval process has a lot of unique requirements.
I guess it may depend more on the change process and how whatever changes have been made are viewed.

Reading more around the EU process, it seems there's 3 levels of change:

1. Revision ~ where revised pages can be incorporated into the information package that makes up the Type Approval;

2. Extension ~ where in addition to 1. further inspections or fresh tests are required;

3. New Type Approval required ~ where deemed necessary.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
Downside - can't get a novated lease on a Grenadier (due to light commerical status)
That’s something I never knew, probably because I’ve never used that option as the financial case never added up for me.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
New email from Lynn arrived 17:34 today:

We want to get better

Hello B.

we are currently experiencing one of the most difficult supply chain times in recent memory. So most of you probably already knew that building the Grenadier in this environment would be challenging.

Although we were able to overcome many hurdles through a systematic approach, we unfortunately did not always manage to keep you, our valued customer, up to date. We sincerely apologize for this.

Sometimes it was difficult to be as precise as we would like to be. We neither want to promise too much nor fall short of expectations. But now there is good news from Hambach. Vehicles are currently on their way to our dealers and customers. We expect more vehicles in the coming weeks. We are working flat out to send our vehicles to you from France and are doing everything we can to bring the delivery dates forward.

But the situation of our customers is very individual. This makes it difficult to put together all the information relevant to you in a circular email.

Therefore, in the coming weeks we will work with the support of our partners to make our communication more individual and personal, because we would like to inform you as much as possible about all the news.

As I said last month, we're really close to delivering your grenadier. Please believe me that just like our customers, I can't wait to see the Grenadier on the road and get your feedback. I'm really sorry for the wait.

In the meantime we have put together as much information as possible for you - in the form of answers to the most frequently asked questions that we are currently receiving.

Lynn Calder,
CEO, INEOS Automotive

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT THE GRENADIER

Question 1. What is the current estimated timeline for vehicle delivery?

In the next two weeks we will deliver 150 vehicles to our sales partner. Deliveries to customers will follow immediately afterwards. We continue to optimize the quality processes and the timing of our production. For this reason we cannot write an exact delivery date in your contract.

Question 2. What is the reason for the delay in handing over the vehicle? I heard there are quality issues.

There are no quality problems. On the contrary: the first series vehicles even exceed our expectations. Due to delays in the delivery of some components and a late software update, finished vehicles are backed up at the end of our assembly line. We are currently working on a solution to release the first vehicles for delivery to our sales partner. Right now, we want to make sure every Grenadier - and every component - meets our quality standards. That's why every vehicle goes through a rigorous testing process at the end of the production line that goes beyond the usual level. That slowed us down a bit, but we're going to get back to our planned pace as soon as possible.

Question 3. How do I get my contract?

If you are located in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Austria or South Africa, you will receive an email through DocuSign requesting an eSignature for your sales contract. You will receive a copy for your own records.

If you live in another region, your dealer WILL contact you a few days before your vehicle goes into production. You will then discuss a suitable date for signing the purchase contract and can clarify all your questions.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Type approval certificate number 11384.

I can see three versions or iterations of it:
00 issued 30th August 2022 for N1
01 issued 25th October 2022 for N1
01 issued 7th November 2022 for N1(?)
02 issued 22nd March 2023 for both N1 & M1
So just tidying up the apparent anomaly with two dates given for the 01 extension for N1 type approval in the earlier post from the NorType project.

I contacted the Icelandic Transport Authority (ICETRA) in Iceland, and got the following reply:

Screenshot_20230405_084649.jpg

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When does anyone anticipate delivery of the vehicles held at dealers. I honestly feel like cancelling, but I am waiting to see hear the feedback from those who receive their vehicles as the journey to get this far has been very frustrating.

I do feel for those waiting patiently for their vehicles at the agents.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
When does anyone anticipate delivery of the vehicles held at dealers. I honestly feel like cancelling, but I am waiting to see hear the feedback from those who receive their vehicles as the journey to get this far has been very frustrating.

I assume that it will be soon. They will be in touch when I can pick it up. Just stay calm and don't think about it all the time. There is strength in calmness.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Still no firmware finalisation... this just sounds like all the others who have cars waiting at the dealership. Not really new unless he drives away with it!!!

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score

Emailed my dealer yesterday. Reply is they are waiting for parts, and details on registration procedure from IA. They have 5 customer cars there including mine. I have yet to receive the final invoice.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Emailed my dealer yesterday. Reply is they are waiting for parts, and details on registration procedure from IA. They have 5 customer cars there including mine. I have yet to receive the final invoice.
A dealer in Devizes? Or nearby eg Swindon?
Devizes , only been there once , lovely little town!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
stopped at a pub on the canal in Devizes, must've been 30 years ago. baking hot day, good spot for a few cold ones before moving on again.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Richard posted that he got his Grenadier this morning! First "regular" (non HWW) customer delivery???

View attachment 7807842
Handover this morning - from FB

339630014_604769551575164_5741579222520634208_n.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
is that number plate LL23 EXG?
dvla website shows no records

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
tks Paul. I'll leave the sleuthing to you and DCPU, my skills have run out!

Attachments

• IMG_9033.jpeg
    IMG_9033.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom