The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
A dealer in Devizes? Or nearby eg Swindon?
Devizes , only been there once , lovely little town!
I chose Compass in Bridgwater. Not the nearest but i hope the best, due to their agricultural engineering basis. No pointy shoed salesman browsing autotrader when you go in.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
tks Paul. I'll leave the sleuthing to you and DCPU, my skills have run out!
The MOT register always updates quicker than the 'vehicle enquiry' check. It is something to do with DVLA and VOSA not communicating with one another. See also DVLA and HMRC, or any other two public sector bodies for that matter. I mean, FFS, Britain must appear a totally broken entity to our overseas observers! 🤦‍♂️

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
The MOT register always updates quicker than the 'vehicle enquiry' check. It is something to do with DVLA and VOSA not communicating with one another. See also DVLA and HMRC, or any other two public sector bodies for that matter. I mean, FFS, Britain must appear a totally broken entity to our overseas observers! 🤦‍♂️
TOTALLY OT
You don't have that on your own! "We in the Colony downunder" have similar 1970s-based "FORTRAN/COBOL"
legacy systems with all sorts of add-on 'front ends'... they don't "talk" . The clever kids who run the IT systems have never heard of Fortran except maybe a few from their grandfathers! The Qld State Government budgeted to spend less than $50m updating the payroll system for the Health Dept. 13 yrs later: ...still not fixed. At last count the "fix" was well north of A$1.5BILLION...
Last week I phoned a Fed Gov line for "seniors" (that's good and bad! :oops: ). To speed things up next time they tried to get a "voice print" to identify me, and a 'gentle' voice reassured me it was very safe and would be safeguarded by TELSTRA*!! Really?!! (* the now privatised former Fed Govt telecommunications Dept). Bugger that! Telstra couldn't keep a pet frog in their collective pocket! I hung up... next thing I know my voiceprint will be on a server in Moscow and Beijing... if not already I suppose:unsure:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well I contacted my supplying agent to cancel the order, they said I had to contact INEOS direct. I was then told would forfeit my £2500 deposit. Consequently, I will stay with it and just moan.

I really don't understand why only one vehicle has been registered in the UK, I think DPCU is correct with the Type Approval argument.

I remember years ago when the first EVO VI's were brought in the country and the Nomad I had were registered under SVA rules. Maybe that's how they got the first one on the road.

A very bizarre situation, with hundreds if not thousands of vehicles produced and 99.9999999% are glued to parking lots.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If the sole delivery was registered under SVA rules wouldn’t we be able to find that out from DVLA?

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well I contacted my supplying agent to cancel the order, they said I had to contact INEOS direct. I was then told would forfeit my £2500 deposit. Consequently, I will stay with it and just moan.
Have you tried telling them you are cancelling under this clause:

"6.4 The Customer may terminate this Agreement within 14 days of being notified of a price increase by INEOS, in which case it will receive a full refund of the Deposit paid."

Their email "UK Vehicles Tax Update" [dated in my case 6th April 2023] counts as a price increase.

Local time
Reaction score
Have you tried telling them you are cancelling under this clause:

"6.4 The Customer may terminate this Agreement within 14 days of being notified of a price increase by INEOS, in which case it will receive a full refund of the Deposit paid."

Their email "UK Vehicles Tax Update" [dated in my case 6th April 2023] counts as a price increase.
That would qualify as a price increase by HMRC, not by Ineos.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
"But where does it say that in the contract" would be my response - I haven't checked that it doesn't say that; I'm merely playing devil's advocate.

Not sure if this is relevant here …

095F99EE-827F-452A-900E-3C18BA9C7095.jpeg

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if this is relevant here …

View attachment 7808172
To my understanding, the recent tax raise concerns the owning of a car rather than the purchase price, correct? I read No. 6.1 to refer to any tax added on the (net) purchase price and thus leading to a (gross) price increase in the event of a tax raise. A tax only affecting the ownership but not the purchase would not fall under 6.1 then.

Reactions: JOB

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
"Not if it's a tax increase" will be the get out clause on that situation.
Happy to have an online discussion but you really need to read and quote the contract.

@JOB has put the point correctly. It's another example of the contract being poorly written, but in the customer's favour this time. It's an increase, it's called an increase in the email and the contractual clause makes no reference to or distinction between, the cause(s) of the increase to the Purchase Price.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To my understanding, the recent tax raise concerns the owning of a car rather than the purchase price, correct? I read No. 6.1 to refer to any tax added on the (net) purchase price and thus leading to a (gross) price increase in the event of a tax raise. A tax only affecting the ownership but not the purchase would not fall under 6.1 then.
No.

This clause makes clear that the statutory and other charges are part of the Purchase Price:

"5.2 The Purchase Price of the Vehicle is exclusive of taxes with the exception of the statutory and other charges set out in the Contract Particulars."

Reactions: PBD

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
I am not a practicing lawyer so do not rely on this but the Consumer Contract Regulations (CCR) as they relate to distance selling I think are relevant. Nb the UK contract specifically refers to this and I believe, certainly for the early orders where one has dealt directly with Ineos, the Ineos order system falls under the CCR regime. The CCR allows a purchaser who has bought on the basis of distance selling to have a change of mind at any time from point of order until 14 days post delivery of the item purchased. In such circumstances of a change of mind one is entitled to the return of all monies paid including the deposit, subject to some usage adjustment if delivery of the vehicle has been taken. There is wording in the contract indicating (I believe correctly) that ‘bespoke’ specifications take one out of the usual consumer protections. The important point is that I understand the meaning of ‘bespoke’ in this context is/would be narrowly interpreted by the courts ie if one has merely chosen options from the manufacturers specified/usual list of alternatives this does not make an order ’bespoke’. To be ‘bespoke‘ for the CCR would require specifications out of the ordinary making the item (or in this case vehicle) effectively unsellable to any one else other than the person who ordered (eg if in say a special finish Lime Green paint and/or with purple snake skin seats etc)

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Given that no UK contracts have been sent out for quite a long time its likely that they are re-drafting it again…

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just as a side note I got the information today that there has been a supplier (I would estimate for the brake lines) who raised his hand because the delivered quality/tolerance/… hasn’t been good enough.
Unfortunately the company went in insolvency right away…
So there had to be found a new supplier within short notice.
Maybe someone her can find out who was the original manufacturer and whether it went really into insolvency.
It would for sure explain some of the delay!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just as a side note I got the information today that there has been a supplier (I would estimate for the brake lines) who raised his hand because the delivered quality/tolerance/… hasn’t been good enough.
Unfortunately the company went in insolvency right away…
So there had to be found a new supplier within short notice.
Maybe someone her can find out who was the original manufacturer and whether it went really into insolvency.
It would for sure explain some of the delay!
Pretty sure that's not Goodridge - the brake hose supplier. Firstly, not seen any news about them having financial issues; and secondly there was both talk and photos of the issue with them being installation issues, effectively overtightening and twisting the hoses.

It would be a lengthy exercise to run down all the current known suppliers and see who pops up with financial issues; but it could equally be a smaller supplier as yet unknown publically.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can't imagine that goodride (the manufacturer of the brake lines) went bankrupt!

Reactions: m-j
Back
Top Bottom