The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

1st Sept delivery UK 73 plate - Maybe not

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
So after my car turned up at the dealer 7 weeks ago the day I was going away for the summer, we decided to get it 1st Sept BUT apparently there is a problem at Ineos head office with registration numbers so maybe I can't get it on the 1st. Can you believe this? There have been so many silly issues and thats before picking the car up. I am in 2 minds not to bother and go down the older Diesel G-Waggon route. At least the contract says I have 14 days to return the car + we have the 2nd car on order with a still non signed contract thats gone into production - but what if I want to make changes?

Anyway anyone else expecting UK 1st Sept delivery ring up your dealer now and find out if yours can be delivered... good luck

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought dealers were going to be taking over this task?

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought dealers were going to be taking over this task?
Spoke to my dealer last week and came away with that impression, when talking about potential delivery time and extra plates among other things needed.

SBA

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I am in the same situation its pathetic, I was informed today vehicle has been ready for weeks and now DVLA and Ineos have a issue.
Its amazing as was taking another vehicle for a MOT last week and 3 Pick up trucks sanyong all with 73 plates being delivered 1st september.
Come on Ineos get your act together you have built the best purpose built vehicle ever this is all fixable

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well after a call from customer service on the 31st saying the car can't be delivered for another 2 weeks. I got a bit unhappy and informed Customer service and the agent that I will either pick the car up 1st Sept as agreed 7 weeks ago or Monday at the latest otherwise cancel both cars. An hour later and it's all sorted and yes I got my car on the 1st :) Super happy but the whole experience was not what I wanted. I really think customer service just make up crap and have no idea whats happening but its not their fault they can't get any the information from head office, the agents also seem to be in the dark.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spoke to Jardines today as expecting to collect the car on Monday and they only got the reg numbers released by IA yesterday. Bit of a pain for them I imagine. Another spanner in the works!

SBA

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I have been informed that plates have been released from DVLA so lets see what happens

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So they realised mine on the 1st, Ineos had not applied to DVLA to get plates in advance so each agent has to go online and use the live DVLA system, it did not take long just it meant you could not get a reg number for insurance etc in advance. Normally car dealers can register the cars before the 1st but the car cant be handed over until the first.

I did get my agent to pre-do the PDI and on they day they registered it and made up the plates. If its paid for (and ineos confirm with the agent) there is no real reason they can't register and hand it over. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom