The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Delivery Day at RDS Ineos Grenadier

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Today was the long awaited delivery day for me and my IG. Made the trek from NOVA to Devon, PA and even though I arrived an hour early, the staff at RDS were all over it. While the delivery scheduled prior to mine was still wrapping up I was able to take my own IG on a test drive with Shawn. Fluids were filled, the ADAS shortcut was already programmed, and all of my accessories were installed minus the interior utility belt, rear access ladder, and raised air intake. With 12 miles on the ODO, I pulled away from the lot for my "test drive".

Before I get into the specifics, for reference I basically daily drive my 1992 D90 and have for the last 3-4 years. I believe in not letting these rigs sit as that's when things break. So while driving my IG, no issues with the steering whatsoever. The feel of the steering wheel is stout and robust. Idle in 1st gear is a tad loud but no vibrations on the interior whatsoever, not even with the safari windows. It does have a throatier exhaust than I expected but I don't mind it at all. No warning lights, bells or chimes, just a heavy and planted drive. In a strange way it reminded me of my old '95 RRC LWB in terms of steering and drive, just a touch faster and more responsive.:)

After the drive I sat in the IG by myself and just tinkered with everything while my paperwork was put together. Figured out how to get into off road mode and lock/unlock the diffs in the parking lot. Once the paperwork was done I signed what needed to be signed and went back to wandering around the interior. The over build quality looks great so far; rubber mats, drain plugs are all good; rear loadspace built well, all joints and joining parts are smooth and fit as they should. After another 30-45 mins of looking the vehicle over with my PDI checklist (thanks to the folks here @Stu_Barnes) I was on my way back to NOVA.

The overall drive was great; no issues or surprise gremlins. At 80mph the rig really tightens up and just hunkers down really well. Driving seat and position is great as well. Are there some minor things that I've noticed, of course. Like the no auto down on the windows, but that's not enough to make me question my decision to pull the trigger. Heat/AC work really well and the heated seats are really responsive.

Before I left Michael jokingly told me that he expected me to show up and not want my IG. I asked if they've had anybody bail and he said no. He also said that my easy going demeanor and nonchalant tone over the phone since October made it seem like I wasn't that interested. Needless to say, I smiled the entire 3 hour and 175ish mile drive home. That's my primary barometer for how much I enjoy my vehicle. I'll upload more pictures once I get back out there with my phone. My D90 is not a happy camper right now. lol

Attachments

• IMG_5351.jpeg
    IMG_5351.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_5352.jpeg
    IMG_5352.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 129

cjsmith

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Today was the long awaited delivery day for me and my IG. Made the trek from NOVA to Devon, PA and even though I arrived an hour early, the staff at RDS were all over it. While the delivery scheduled prior to mine was still wrapping up I was able to take my own IG on a test drive with Shawn. Fluids were filled, the ADAS shortcut was already programmed, and all of my accessories were installed minus the interior utility belt, rear access ladder, and raised air intake. With 12 miles on the ODO, I pulled away from the lot for my "test drive".

Before I get into the specifics, for reference I basically daily drive my 1992 D90 and have for the last 3-4 years. I believe in not letting these rigs sit as that's when things break. So while driving my IG, no issues with the steering whatsoever. The feel of the steering wheel is stout and robust. Idle in 1st gear is a tad loud but no vibrations on the interior whatsoever, not even with the safari windows. It does have a throatier exhaust than I expected but I don't mind it at all. No warning lights, bells or chimes, just a heavy and planted drive. In a strange way it reminded me of my old '95 RRC LWB in terms of steering and drive, just a touch faster and more responsive.:)

After the drive I sat in the IG by myself and just tinkered with everything while my paperwork was put together. Figured out how to get into off road mode and lock/unlock the diffs in the parking lot. Once the paperwork was done I signed what needed to be signed and went back to wandering around the interior. The over build quality looks great so far; rubber mats, drain plugs are all good; rear loadspace built well, all joints and joining parts are smooth and fit as they should. After another 30-45 mins of looking the vehicle over with my PDI checklist (thanks to the folks here @Stu_Barnes) I was on my way back to NOVA.

The overall drive was great; no issues or surprise gremlins. At 80mph the rig really tightens up and just hunkers down really well. Driving seat and position is great as well. Are there some minor things that I've noticed, of course. Like the no auto down on the windows, but that's not enough to make me question my decision to pull the trigger. Heat/AC work really well and the heated seats are really responsive.

Before I left Michael jokingly told me that he expected me to show up and not want my IG. I asked if they've had anybody bail and he said no. He also said that my easy going demeanor and nonchalant tone over the phone since October made it seem like I wasn't that interested. Needless to say, I smiled the entire 3 hour and 175ish mile drive home. That's my primary barometer for how much I enjoy my vehicle. I'll upload more pictures once I get back out there with my phone. My D90 is not a happy camper right now. lol
I'm happy you had such a great experience. Every communication I have had with RDS has been perfect, low key, sensible. They've been very responsive to my inquiries, gave me a test ride in a demo, and now I am waiting for my own to be built and delivered. Happy Grenadiering!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
Congratulations, Bazooka! You gotta share the story behind your username.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score

Congratulations Bazooka! Enjoy and many more miles of smiles. DaBull

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent summary. I'm really pleased for you. I can't wait to see the other pictures. :)

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think owning and living with a Defender really helps set some expectations of this car. It's so much better than a Defender and so much more capable than my Disco V.

I couldn't agree more on every point you've raised.

Are we gonna crash a NoVA Rover meet?

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
One of my new standards is how much do I smile driving a rig? For example, my Nissan Titan was a fine truck, but when I started driving a Power Wagon instead I grinned from ear to ear. Was the Titan more reliable, better on gas? yep, but smiles matter.

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One of my new standards is how much do I smile driving a rig? For example, my Nissan Titan was a fine truck, but when I started driving a Power Wagon instead I grinned from ear to ear. Was the Titan more reliable, better on gas? yep, but smiles matter.
That's always been the case for me. I drove a VW Jetta and never smiled driving that thing. Same with my old Nissan xTerra Off Road; both reliable and cheaper to own than my last two Rovers. But it's the Rovers that always put a smile on my face when getting behind the wheel of them.

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 69

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think owning and living with a Defender really helps set some expectations of this car. It's so much better than a Defender and so much more capable than my Disco V.

I couldn't agree more on every point you've raised.

Are we gonna crash a NoVA Rover meet?
Totally agree with you. Just let me know when you're ready to crash a NoVA Rover meet and I am in! Throw in a Katie's Cars & Coffee too!

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That‘s a pretty clean driveway, Bazooka! It doesn‘t look like your D90 was parked there.😂 My ‘95 Disco 1 spot looks like the Exxon Valdez aftermath, and D2 spot is not far behind.😩
Thanks for the great report, though!
Believe it or not my D90 has always been relatively dry. A few tinkles now and then but that's it. lol

cjsmith

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
That's always been the case for me. I drove a VW Jetta and never smiled driving that thing. Same with my old Nissan xTerra Off Road; both reliable and cheaper to own than my last two Rovers. But it's the Rovers that always put a smile on my face when getting behind the wheel of them.
Still looking for a RR Classic from the 1990s for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom