The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Delivery Day at RDS Ineos Grenadier

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
That's always been the case for me. I drove a VW Jetta and never smiled driving that thing. Same with my old Nissan xTerra Off Road; both reliable and cheaper to own than my last two Rovers. But it's the Rovers that always put a smile on my face when getting behind the wheel of them.
I still have my 2003 VW Jetta TDI Wagon. It’s a 5spd too. I LOVE that car!

Still looking for a RR Classic from the 1990s for the same reason.
I’m up in the air on selling my ‘95 RRC. I really enjoy it, but never felt it like I did my D1. Gren should fix that ;)

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
That's always been the case for me. I drove a VW Jetta and never smiled driving that thing. Same with my old Nissan xTerra Off Road; both reliable and cheaper to own than my last two Rovers. But it's the Rovers that always put a smile on my face when getting behind the wheel of them.
Nissan Xterra? OMG what a POS. I had a 2005, rear end exploded out the gate, engine would vapor lock at altitude, and even after after numerous upgrades the stupid thing would bottom out hard enough to break the vehicle. Hated that rig.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nissan Xterra? OMG what a POS. I had a 2005, rear end exploded out the gate, engine would vapor lock at altitude, and even after after numerous upgrades the stupid thing would bottom out hard enough to break the vehicle. Hated that rig

All that being said, I thought they looked great. Never owned one but always found them to be good looking trucks.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All that being said, I thought they looked great. Never owned one but always found them to be good looking trucks.
I had a 2015 pro4x, never had any of those problems, but I'm not a hard core wheeler.

Did plenty of dirt and gravel miles in it though.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a 2015 pro4x, never had any of those problems, but I'm not a hard core wheeler.

Did plenty of dirt and gravel miles in it though.

Took be clear I beat the snot out of every truck I own, in ways that can be shocking. I also had a 2005 Nissan Titan, and it was very reliable, despite my abuse. Really did like that truck. But the Xterra was another story. Actually going to buy a Frontier when the Grenadier comes in for my wife to use at work, as well as another employee and keep the miles down on the expensive rig. Nothing special about a Frontier, but dirt cheap and pretty reliable.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think owning and living with a Defender really helps set some expectations of this car. It's so much better than a Defender and so much more capable than my Disco V.

I couldn't agree more on every point you've raised.

Are we gonna crash a NoVA Rover meet?
Let's do it!! ☺️

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I still have my 2003 VW Jetta TDI Wagon. It’s a 5spd too. I LOVE that car!

I’m up in the air on selling my ‘95 RRC. I really enjoy it, but never felt it like I did my D1. Gren should fix that ;)
If I had a manual VW maybe I would feel the same way.

My D1 and RRC felt the same way...just a solid solid drive with both of them. Driving my Gren the last few days reminds me of that but with such a pleasant "update".

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can't wait to park next to a modern sissy Land Rover Defender. The look of pain in that owners eyes will be priceless :devilish:

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
*UPDATE*

600+ miles
The IG is definitely sure footed and planted. It has plenty of low end torque and is easy to live as a daily driver. Once my remaining accessories arrive at RDS I'll also take the trip as an opportunity to change the oil

Today I took the IG off roading for the first time. I got to the start of Peter's Mill OHV and engaged off road mode with no issues; aired down to 30psi and switched into 4L with no issues. Two hours of off roading and it just rolled over everything. There was plenty of snow, mud and rocks, all handled with barely a slip. The Jeep guys didn't know what to make of it and couldn't help but ask me what it was. After completing the North/South route of the trail I stopped at the gas station, aired back up and drove comfortably home.

Could not be happier with my purchase.

IMG_5406.jpegIMG_5400.jpegIMG_5402.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5398.jpeg
    IMG_5398.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 20

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can't wait to park next to a modern sissy Land Rover Defender. The look of pain in that owners eyes will be priceless :devilish:
funny thing is I happen to have both in my garage. the Defender 90 is very capable and sadly, the IG has had more issues than any vehicle I’ve owned.IMG_6685.jpeg

Last edited:

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
*UPDATE*

600+ miles
The IG is definitely sure footed and planted. It has plenty of low end torque and is easy to live as a daily driver. Once my remaining accessories arrive at RDS I'll also take the trip as an opportunity to change the oil

Today I took the IG off roading for the first time. I got to the start of Peter's Mill OHV and engaged off road mode with no issues; aired down to 30psi and switched into 4L with no issues. Two hours of off roading and it just rolled over everything. There was plenty of snow, mud and rocks, all handled with barely a slip. The Jeep guys didn't know what to make of it and couldn't help but ask me what it was. After completing the North/South route of the trail I stopped at the gas station, aired back up and drove comfortably home.

Could not be happier with my purchase.

View attachment 7838958View attachment 7838959View attachment 7838960

Awesome Zook! Thanks for sharing! You guys making me so jealous! I can't wait have mine. Was told another two months!!!

Back
Top Bottom