The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Delivery time has arrived!

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
Well, finally took my delivery of my Trialmaster! A huge thank you to Paul and Renee from Adelaide Hills Motor Group who have grimly stuck at it with Ineos to support their customers.
I had a good look at the roof rack on offer and decided against it due to the weight and bulk of it. I went instead for the Front Runner, It's lighter and a lot less bulky and will do the job for me.
I also had a look at the side awnings and found this little gem from Tuff Terrain. This unit is encased in a lightweight rigid aluminium frame. The material is UV caravan awning grade and pulls out on a spring loaded system. It is very easy for one person to set up and pack away. The price was very good also.
I also did not take the roo bar on offer, waiting for an after market release. I have now been told by ARB Head Office that contrary to media discussion, they are not going to do a bar for the Grenadier. TJM said they will be looking at it once they have a car. So here's hoping!

Attachments

• gren 007.JPG
    gren 007.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 162
  • gren 008.JPG
    gren 008.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 132
  • gren 010.JPG
    gren 010.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 162
Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi Tony,
I saw your car at Adelaide Hills Motors, and it looked even better than it does in the photos.
It's been over a year since I paid my deposit, and still not in production.
Ineos sent out a contract with the incorect post November 2022 price, but at least that is some contact, and that was after I took your advice and e-mailed your British contact person.
Paul and Renee are trying to sort it out as I post.
Steve.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Looks awesome - congrats!

Was there something about the Ineos bullbar you didn't like?

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks awesome - congrats!

Was there something about the Ineos bullbar you didn't like?
Hi Sam,
Yes, Its been covered exhaustively elsewhere but it is too close to the vehicle t give protection and I don't think it's going to do much as it's a bit of steel welded to a standard bar. it also looks (sorry) a Poms idea of a bullbar! I travel out bush and an integrated design will work best made by people who do it for a living.

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Tony,
I saw your car at Adelaide Hills Motors, and it looked even better than it does in the photos.
It's been over a year since I paid my deposit, and still not in production.
Ineos sent out a contract with the incorect post November 2022 price, but at least that is some contact, and that was after I took your advice and e-mailed your British contact person.
Paul and Renee are trying to sort it out as I post.
Steve.
Hi Steve
Keep trying because it's worth it!
I spoke to a guy yesterday who saw my car. He had specced the Grenadier but pulled out at the last moment and bought a Defender which he has now had to retrofit at a big cost. He ain't happy after seeing mine!!!

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
He had specced the Grenadier but pulled out at the last moment and bought a Defender which he has now had to retrofit at a big cost. He ain't happy after seeing mine!!!

I love hearing stories that reinforce my own opinions - tell us more!

(soon there will be lots of Grenadiers on the road and people will give up trying to modify the New Defender for off-road use and accept it as a luxury wagon)

Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi Steve
Keep trying because it's worth it!
I spoke to a guy yesterday who saw my car. He had specced the Grenadier but pulled out at the last moment and bought a Defender which he has now had to retrofit at a big cost. He ain't happy after seeing mine!!!
Hi Tony,
I bet he is not happy, I won't give up, I am in it for the long hall, however long it takes, meanwhile I bought a immaculate low km Porsche 955 Turbo for far less than I think they should cost to soften the blow.
955 Turbo's are a lot of fun to drive, and when I get the Grenadier I will probably mothball the Porsche for about 10 years and then sell it as I think they will appreciate, or I may just keep driving it occasionally just for fun, but the Grenadier is what I really want.
Steve.

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Tony,
I bet he is not happy, I won't give up, I am in it for the long hall, however long it takes, meanwhile I bought a immaculate low km Porsche 955 Turbo for far less than I think they should cost to soften the blow.
955 Turbo's are a lot of fun to drive, and when I get the Grenadier I will probably mothball the Porsche for about 10 years and then sell it as I think they will appreciate, or I may just keep driving it occasionally just for fun, but the Grenadier is what I really want.
Steve.
The Porsche will be good for your image!! yes, a future "barn" find! Still working on restoring a 1968 88" Landrover in my spare time so it will also appreciate ! The Grenadier will quickly overtake the Defender once production ramps up,

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, took the Grenadier for its first off road experience at my mates Barossa property that is very hilly and rocky.
Selected low and the off road screen.
The attitude screen on the off road selection is fantastic! Very clear in showing the angles we were going down at (27 degrees) and the pitch when we went side on across a creek crossing.
The low engagement is very positive. You really have to push hard to engage and I like knowing its actually in or out of low/high. the light L came on in the small console as well.
Then I had a go at the "off road" button on the roof (after reading the handbook 3 times!) So I pressed and held to disengage the esc etc. Waited. Then the screen says "äre you really sure?" Yes, So I pressed it again. then the light came on in the small console telling me I am off road and I was ready to go.
Clearance and departure angles are very good and the side to front vision is excellent - you can clearly see where the front of the vehicle is.
Came to a deep rut washout so thought we would try 1st low. It certainly pulled us out of it but too much power in too short a time, but I think that was me getting used to it!
Up a very steep and rocky hill with no effort on L3 so I know my benchmark now for power to climb ratio.
Spent about an hour messing around with all sorts of things and I must admit I am very very happy with my decision to stick with the long winded process and get the vehicle.
Then came the oh dear moment!!
The picture attached shows the Grenadier passing between two trees. On the drivers side there is a stump protruding so I could not go across any further.
On the other side was a branch going up and my shiny new awning!
In previous times the Defender and Disco would go through no drama (yes I know the trees grow!) and so, knowing the Grenadier was a bit wider, I still thought I would get through. Der!!! It took a lot of back and forth to position the car so that it would get through.
I did not realise, in real life just how wide this vehicle is. You really have to be conscious of it at all times as I nearly took the awning off twice. I will get used to it of course but it was the only thing that I really have to pay attention to
I am taking it back for a software upgrade this week and am going to look at Hardkorr mine spec lights for the rear roof.

Attachments

• wide2.JPG
    wide2.JPG
    619.3 KB · Views: 85

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
Well, finally took my delivery of my Trialmaster! A huge thank you to Paul and Renee from Adelaide Hills Motor Group who have grimly stuck at it with Ineos to support their customers.
I had a good look at the roof rack on offer and decided against it due to the weight and bulk of it. I went instead for the Front Runner, It's lighter and a lot less bulky and will do the job for me.
I also had a look at the side awnings and found this little gem from Tuff Terrain. This unit is encased in a lightweight rigid aluminium frame. The material is UV caravan awning grade and pulls out on a spring loaded system. It is very easy for one person to set up and pack away. The price was very good also.
I also did not take the roo bar on offer, waiting for an after market release. I have now been told by ARB Head Office that contrary to media discussion, they are not going to do a bar for the Grenadier. TJM said they will be looking at it once they have a car. So here's hoping!
Congrats. ARB have consistently said for a long time now that they have no plans for Grenadier. I think most of them will back off when they see the radiators under the wings of the bumper. I am actually pretty impressed with the robustness of the OEM bar, the bumper is steel but the bar mounts not just to the bumper but also to the chassis. It is closer to the body than ideal but it is solidly built and with the brush bars on the side mounted to the chassis as well it is solidly braced. It may not stop all body damage but I think it will likely allow you to proceed after all but the biggest hits.

Back
Top Bottom