The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer cost comparison

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
As pre-orders are now firming up across the US, how about a spreadsheet of costs from the various dealers?
Could we include the following:
- Charging more than MSRP for pre-orders Yes/No
- Charging Installation fees for Accessories Yes/No
- Allowing delete of Accessories in initial pre-order w/o charge Yes/No
- Amount $ for "Documentation Fee"

Any other additions?

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
No ones charging more than MSRP (confirmed). I would probably ask if there's a discount :LOL: based on where the market is going.
I think in WA, the doc fee is capped at $199.
You need to check on the installation fee for accessories. (dealer hourly rate), or get the part and DIY.

My hunch is, all the pre-orders will be exceptionally taken care of with nothing to worry.
IG is building a niche brand and having a good reputation is the goal.

Last edited:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The trade-in process is where I think they’ll look to make a few dollars. Somebody said that in some states it matters if you sell your car outright, versus using it as a trade in directly for a car. Sales tax related?? I see on a lot of forums people talk about the great deal they are getting, but unless it is for cash, the trade-in valuation is a huge variable.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The trade-in process is where I think they’ll look to make a few dollars. Somebody said that in some states it matters if you sell your car outright, versus using it as a trade in directly for a car. Sales tax related?? I see on a lot of forums people talk about the great deal they are getting, but unless it is for cash, the trade-in valuation is a huge variable.
That's the case in Texas. 6.25% tax, but if the vehicle is $80k, and your trade-in is $30k, you only pay tax on the $50k balance. It's a balancing act to figure out trade vs private sale.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Jersey you also only pay taxes on the difference so it can be advantageous to trade depending on values.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Crown INEOS in St-Petersburg FL is charging msrp, no cost for accessories installation (likely this is for pre-orders who have been patient for a long time, probably $500 value in my case with side runners, carpets and rear door table), $1,600 destination fee and $999 documentation fee. Local taxes, registration, etc. are in addition to these. They have somewhere around 275 vehicles moving through the dealership between (my estimate) December and May if I recall correctly. If you order today, delivery is around Sept 2024. I asked if this was a lot of volume for them and the answer was “yes! We are incredibly busy coordinating with new owners”. They also sell pre-owned vehicles at this dealer and have 3 customer facing staff for in person and online sales Combined.

SEUSA Mark

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
You may be correct. I have found it has always been to my financial advantage to private sale a car I might have considered trading to the dealer. Just do the math. It is a hassle selling myself, but the extra $$$ is worth it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You may be correct. I have found it has always been to my financial advantage to private sale a car I might have considered trading to the dealer. Just do the math. It is a hassle selling myself, but the extra $$$ is worth it.
The one caveat is the taxing - here in NJ you only pay tax on the difference between your trade and new vehicle. So, if your truck is 80k and they give you 45 for your trade, you only pay tax on the remaining 35. NJ has a car sales tax of 7% - so $5,600 on the 80 or $2,450 on the difference - that's a decent chunk of change.

I'm not sure if this works in all states, but it is something to consider. If the difference between private sale and dealer trade is 3-5k, trading makes sense as it would basically be a wash and eliminate some hassle.

SEUSA Mark

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The one caveat is the taxing - here in NJ you only pay tax on the difference between your trade and new vehicle. So, if your truck is 80k and they give you 45 for your trade, you only pay tax on the remaining 35. NJ has a car sales tax of 7% - so $5,600 on the 80 or $2,450 on the difference - that's a decent chunk of change.

I'm not sure if this works in all states, but it is something to consider. If the difference between private sale and dealer trade is 3-5k, trading makes sense as it would basically be a wash and eliminate some hassle.
Same here in GA. The tax is reduced if there is a trade in, but here, at least, the offers from the dealers for a trade in is pathetic. If I have a car that I would private sale for $70K, but the dealer will only offer $60 that is a huge difference. In my experience, the lower tax never meets the gap between private sale vs trade in.

Back
Top Bottom