The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Triad Ineos Discussion Thread

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
As soon-to-be owners start making their way to the dealers for test drives and the delivery dates start approaching, each dealer needs a separate thread to keep key information easily visible.

I don't believe Triad has any "official" representation on the forum, so the answers below are based on what others have posted

Pricing: MSRP + Destination + Taxes/Tags + $999 documentation fee

Accessory Installation Cost: Unknown

Demo Vehicles at Dealership / Available for demos? Yes

Dealer Rep(s) On Forum: None/Unknown

Dealer Address/Phone:
1730 N. Main Street, High Point, NC, 27262
336-338-7774
info@triadineosgrenadier.com

I'll update this thread with the missing information or overall updates as they are made available (posted below, DM'd, etc)

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also, they will have at least one of their demo vehicles at the 24 Hours of Uwharrie Oct 28-29th. I believe it will be located in the BFGoodrich booth (just as Ineos had a vehicle on display at Overland Expo East).

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We for a test drive last weekend and they were very cordial and pleasant. Didn’t seem to have a to of knowledge as of yet regarding the Grenadiers specs or capabilities, but would hope that would come in time. Had plenty of time on the drive to get a feel for the car and how it drove/felt.

With that said it would be great if they began to become more active on the forum. It’s great that they’re taking a vehicle to Uwharrie, looking forward to taking ours there for a weekend once we have the opportunity. Would also like to see them drop the $1,000 processing fee. While it’s standard practice most everywhere here they’re basically inheriting 500ish free orders with (what I assume) some profit built in already selling them at MSRP. It’s too late for me to change my order to Atlanta I believe but I would, both dealers are almost the same distance from me.

All this is to say that, other than the add-on doc fee, they seem to be good to work with. I’m just getting impatient after realizing that I made my reservation back in 2021. Like a kid once Christmas starts to approach….

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello fellow Triaders 😀,
Posted this over on US Shipping Info and reposting here ..

So much to elaborate on feel like I'll be posting this perhaps on several threads ...
Andiamo - was informed that there will be a $1600 "destination" charge - shipping etc. Customer essentially responsible for cost of vehicle leaving the Factory and arriving at the dealership. Could be worse ... it was $2600 for the Bentley on the showroom floor yet that Bentley was priced at $322k (😂) so a "better deal"???
Then the $999 "documentation" fee (aka Dealer profit right from the start).
Additional state whatever charges (tags, taxes etc)
No firm word on installation of accessories. That said, when I place my order and was provided a "final price" by Ineos, there was no indication that my vehicle would not come with those accessories already installed NOR that there would be an additional charge for them to be installed. I'm holding firm that any additional charges will not be appropriate.
Time frame from Port to Dealer - estimate a month.
I checked the "Wallenius-Wilhemsen" site looking at the ships headed to Brunswick and Baltimore ... down to the 4th ship arriving East Coast and 75% thru the manifest and loosing faith my vehicle was "out of the factory" (yet had received my reservation deposit credit back to my credit card on 26 Oct) and I finally found my VIN!!!! Arriving 16 Nov Brunswick. THANK YOU!!!
Triad was very pleasant overall but I was a bit miffed that my total drive time was allotted 10 may 15 min ( 1 left turn, down a log road / several stoplights then another left turn (try out the "U" turn abilityo) then head back to the dealer). It is a 3.25 hr non-stop above speed limit drive from Charlottesville. Made this appt nearly 3 wks ago. Put in my $450 reservation 1 day after initial hand raisers reservation window closed mid Oct 2021. They had made 10 reservations for Saturday and open 9am -5pm. They had sent 1 of the 2 vehicles down to 24 Hrs of Uwharrie. I realize that was an excellent "advertisement" opportunity but I feel rather shafted given I have waited patiently for 2+ yrs now. to get to this point I wonder if the same events would have happened if I was ordering the Bentley???
Overall experience was weird in that I knew I was more knowledgeable (thanks to my own research and much thanks to everyone on this Forum) than any one at the Dealership. From the start this process as been "self service/order". Why can't I just drive to the Port of Brunswick and pick this vehicle up from there?? Why isn't there a Carvana like dispensing tower available to us??

One thing I did learn that so far haven't seen on the Forum is this concept of a "mobile" service unit - anticipating that our first service need will be an oil change (can I do that myself??) that rather than going to the dealer an appt will be made with this "mobile" service unit. Anyone else hear anything about this??
Cheers and many thanks to All who contribute info to this Forum!
Donna

Reply to Catpaw4x4
ReportEdit

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As soon-to-be owners start making their way to the dealers for test drives and the delivery dates start approaching, each dealer needs a separate thread to keep key information easily visible.

I don't believe Triad has any "official" representation on the forum, so the answers below are based on what others have posted

Pricing: MSRP + Destination + Taxes/Tags + $999 documentation fee

Accessory Installation Cost: Unknown

Demo Vehicles at Dealership / Available for demos? Yes

Dealer Rep(s) On Forum: None/Unknown

Dealer Address/Phone:
1730 N. Main Street, High Point, NC, 27262
336-338-7774
info@triadineosgrenadier.com

I'll update this thread with the missing information or overall updates as they are made available (posted below, DM'd, etc)
Regarding Pricing - Destination was quoted at $1600 by the Sales Manager yesterday when I was in for my test drive. No definitive answer for "accessory" installation cost - I contend that the Ineos website we utilized to build/place our order didn't list additional costs for any accessory installation and I am expecting Triad not to charge because of that.
Cheers, Donna

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Regarding Pricing - Destination was quoted at $1600 by the Sales Manager yesterday when I was in for my test drive. No definitive answer for "accessory" installation cost - I contend that the Ineos website we utilized to build/place our order didn't list additional costs for any accessory installation and I am expecting Triad not to charge because of that.
Cheers, Donna
The Ineos configurator, at the bottom states
The price shown is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). MSRP excludes destination fee, license, insurance, registration, sales tax and optional features that may be available from your local retailer. Retail partner sets actual price.

MSRP listed excludes license, insurance, registration, sales taxes and optional features that may be available from your local Retailer.
And in regard to dealer installed accessories
*The selected feature is a removable accessory that will be supplied and installed by an INEOS dealer

Hopefully some peer pressure and the knowledge that other dealers are charging either no doc fee (Regal in GA) and/or no accessory install fee will make them change their minds...

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They had sent 1 of the 2 vehicles down to 24 Hrs of Uwharrie.
Interestingly enough, while I'm 99.9% sure it was parked adjacent to BFGoodrich's booth; I've seen probably upwards of 100 photos from the event (and maybe 30+ of the vendor/booth area), and not a single one includes the Trialmaster they were supposed to have on display

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:07 AM
Reaction score
Triad is my dealer, but no info yet. …only that they think my build date is estimated in q2 24 . I’ll report back if I hear any different or new on the pricing front when I go down for a demo ride at the dealer.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Triad is my dealer, but no info yet. …only that they think my build date is estimated in q2 24 . I’ll report back if I hear any different or new on the pricing front when I go down for a demo ride at the dealer.
Curious ... when did you order? what did you order? Wonder what info they are basing their estimate on.
Cheers Donna

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Curious ... when did you order? what did you order? Wonder what info they are basing their estimate on.
Cheers Donna
Donna, they have access to a portal that shows estimated build times (think of it like the customer side website, but more accurate and database driven instead of manual entry)

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Cheers Donna
I ordered august 15, 2023. Basically a Trailmaster with the alloy wheels, side step, safari windows. I originally had it in silver, but changed my color to grey. I was assured by Ineos that this was a small change , and I did it early….so it did not impact my place in line.
The Ineos website says estimated build is q1 2024, but in an introductory email, Jason from triad mentioned it would be more like the end of q2 2024.

I plan on going to visit the dealer in q1. My 2 main worries at this point
1. they got my order correct and the changes I made did not fall through the cracks and
2. that there is not an excessive level of markups at the dealer level

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I plan on going to visit the dealer in q1. My 2 main worries at this point
1. they got my order correct and the changes I made did not fall through the cracks and
2. that there is not an excessive level of markups at the dealer level
You can confirm with them now the build spec that Ineos has for your vehicle. You may be a very late Q1 build, but I would expect Q2 for delivery.

The only markup is their $1k "documentation" fee, at least as of now; if popularity picks up (and since you weren't a reservation holder, based on your order date), it could always change

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
You can confirm with them now the build spec that Ineos has for your vehicle. You may be a very late Q1 build, but I would expect Q2 for delivery.

The only markup is their $1k "documentation" fee, at least as of now; if popularity picks up (and since you weren't a reservation holder, based on your order date), it could always change
Thanks Anand. I will call Triad…and thanks again for your post summarizing what other dealers are doing.

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I just exchanged emails with the dealer. It looks like from their perspective …that I will get my ride late April 2024. ..with the all the proper changes that I made early in the reservation process. This is based on an august 2023 reservation date.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just exchanged emails with the dealer. It looks like from their perspective …that I will get my ride late April 2024. ..with the all the proper changes that I made early in the reservation process. This is based on an august 2023 reservation date.
Hi K2grenadier, Was your pre-order date in August 2023. What was your pre-order number. Mine pre-order was also in August on 8-15-2023 and my pre-order number was 14406. I was also told to expect my ride in April from my dealer, Ineos Pasadena.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi K2grenadier, Was your pre-order date in August 2023. What was your pre-order number. Mine pre-order was also in August on 8-15-2023 and my pre-order number was 14406. I was also told to expect my ride in April from my dealer, Ineos Pasadena.
I'm just below @14356 and was told Dec build + 2-3 months. I'm hoping for end of Feb, but we shall see.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm just below @14356 and was told Dec build + 2-3 months. I'm hoping for end of Feb, but we shall see.
Hi Krabby, Thanks for the info. More confirmation of delivery timelines helps keep me centered and not spinning. I am resting in the fact that time is working to our advantage of getting 2024 models with many of the issues worked out and hopefully resolved. DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was just saying to Stu - the wait is going to kill me - esp with NA members soon to get their trucks. They'll be posting photos, videos, and write ups while I'll be staring at the wheels I bought for a truck not yet of this world. I'm 47 and still have trouble sleeping on Christmas Eve - HTF am I going to hang on?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was just saying to Stu - the wait is going to kill me - esp with NA members soon to get their trucks. They'll be posting photos, videos, and write ups while I'll be staring at the wheels I bought for a truck not yet of this world. I'm 47 and still have trouble sleeping on Christmas Eve - HTF am I going to hang on?
Hi Krabby, Hell I'm 71 and getting a good nights sleep is getting harder as I age up. At least when I am staring at the ceiling I have something to do, which is going over every detail of the Grenadier and outfitting it to my needs. For me an April Delivery will be a birthday present for me on May 3, 1952... Damm that's 72. Surfs Up. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom