The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

DCPU is MIA?

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Hey all.

I feel it's time to address the Elephant in the room. Where's @DCPU gone?
(If you're new to the forum, member DCPU is/was a very active participant and generally held in high regard for the quality of his technical contributions.)

DCPU's last post on here was 16th September. Prior to that on the 14th he had a blowup with @TheDocAUS over photo attribution. It kicked off from post#7 in this thread. Looking back, DCPU and TheDocAus had disagreed over a few things leading up to this day. That's not uncommon in a public forum because we're all of different backgrounds and think and interpret differently. But, maybe to DPCU it was the final straw. @Stu_Barnes and @Krabby weighed into the chat to reset DPCU on a few things and DCPU has been missing in action (MIA) since.
Now the timing may be 100% coincidental, but I fear that DCPU has opted out of further involvement in the forum based on that exchange. Stu says that DCPU's account is active without restrictions. That's relevant because it was only two days later on 18th September that Stu reminded members about reporting and disciplinary actions. I have messaged DCPU to check if he is ok and Stu has done the same. No response. If anyone can shed any light on DCPU's welfare whilst respecting his privacy then please comment. I think it's fair to say that his sage contributions and occasional dry wit are being missed.
I hope I'm completely wrong here and have made a goose of myself with this post.. I hope DCPU is on an extended journey with his Grenadier and is out of range for a while.

@DCPU If you're still lurking please pop smoke to someone so we know you're ok!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Hey all.

(If you're new to the forum, member DCPU is/was a very active participant and generally held in high regard for the quality of his technical contributions.)

DCPU's last post on here was 16th September. Prior to that on the 14th he had a blowup with @TheDocAUS over photo attribution. It kicked off from post#7 in this thread. Looking back, DCPU and TheDocAus had disagreed over a few things leading up to this day. That's not uncommon in a public forum because we're all of different backgrounds and think and interpret differently. But, maybe to DPCU it was the final straw. @Stu_Barnes and @Krabby weighed into the chat to reset DPCU on a few things and DCPU has been missing in action (MIA) since.
Now the timing may be 100% coincidental, but I fear that DCPU has opted out of further involvement in the forum based on that exchange. Stu says that DCPU's account is active without restrictions. That's relevant because it was only two days later on 18th September that Stu reminded members about reporting and disciplinary actions. I have messaged DCPU to check if he is ok and Stu has done the same. No response. If anyone can shed any light on DCPU's welfare whilst respecting his privacy then please comment. I think it's fair to say that his sage contributions and occasional dry wit are being missed.
I hope I'm completely wrong here and have made a goose of myself with this post.. I hope DCPU is on an extended journey with his Grenadier and is out of range for a while.

I was wondering only the same yesterday. His input is highly valued on here and he is one of a handful of absolute key contributors.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, that must have been the reason. Just been through the mentioned thread. The problem with the internet, nothing is sacred. Images are free for all, in most of my images, I add in an EXIF copyright if I want some kind of control these days. iPhone photos - I just don't care anymore.

Not worth getting worked up about and I hope DCPU returns, as I agree that when he researches the cars systems he does it thoroughly.

Finally, this is the problem with Forums, people continuously have strong opinions and at some time or other there is a fall out, but it can be resolved.

Come back DCPU, the Ineos Grenadier needs you!

Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
Hey all.

Was also wondering this for a while asked the questions a few time but no real answer yet.

Sent him a private message but response, also saw that his profile is set to private.

@DCPU show a sign of life, else we need to find someone with a Grenadier nearby to do a drive by welfare visit (If anybody knows where he lives ;) ).

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bet that between us, we could find him using the detective skills he has taught us over the past couple of years. 😊
Pretty sure he is just north of London. Hertfordshire maybe?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bet that between us, we could find him using the detective skills he has taught us over the past couple of years. 😊
Pretty sure he is just north of London. Hertfordshire maybe?
doesn't he have a Manx IoM reference?

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey all.

@Clark Kent thanks for taking the time to write up what you did. I had been dropping mild hints to @Stu_Barnes and @Krabby to sort things out but got ignored.
So come on @Stu_Barnes and @Krabby it’s time to be open with the forum. And for @Krabby to consider you’re part in what occurred through the baiting of @DCPU.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Personally I am not too interested in making judgments on how this all started. I know that in the bigger world, history and context are vital but on a forum like this, let’s just ask DCPU back and be done with it. 😊

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
Hello all - I don’t have time at the moment for a thoughtful response, but will later in the day.

Back
Top Bottom