The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australian Group Buy - Red V

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
I took my Grenadier to Signarama in Melbourne today to investigate & price up lettering for the V's.

They do high quality vinyl wrap, including signage of all shapes & sizes, for trucks/automobiles/motorbikes etc.

Spoke to owner about creating a large & small V for our cars in auto vinyl in red. He said it would "easily last 5 years".

He looked at the Grenadier and took some initial measurements (but would need to perform more accurate measurements to produce the lettering).

So - is there interest in a GROUP BUY. I am happy to organise & post out.

He offered to produce 10 sets (1 x large & 1 x small V) for $600 but said if we want more then his price will be lower per letter set.

Signarama just came back with a written quote and confirmed that for $600 we get 20 sets, with each set containing 1 x big & 1 x small V.

That is $30 per set (plus postage) if get 20 forum members.

Maybe the lettering can be obtained cheaper but this is the first vendor I have seen (based on the post by Acrah yesterday.

I forgot to ask him whether different colours could be included in the initial batch quote but I assume so.

UPDATE:
Thanks to DCPU I have been in touch with Ultimate Automotive in the UK (who do Wraps/PPF/Lettering/Graphics, including for INEOS). UA has already done a set of V's for a group buy.

They are sending me a quote for 20 sets & it should be a little cheaper than $30 a set, even taking into accounting postage from the UK.

Let me know if you want to particpate by indicating/commenting below.

cheers

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I took my Grenadier to Signarama in Melbourne today to investigate & price up lettering for the V's.

They do high quality vinyl wrap, including signage of all shapes & sizes, for trucks/automobiles/motorbikes etc.

Spoke to owner about creating a large & small V for our cars in auto vinyl in red. He said it would "easily last 5 years".

He looked at the Grenadier and took some initial measurements (but would need to perform more accurate measurements to produce the lettering).

He offered to produce 10 sets (1 x large & 1 x small V) for $600 but said if we want more then his price will be lower per letter set.

Maybe the lettering can be obtained cheaper but this is the first vendor I have seen (based on the post by Acrah yesterday.

I forgot to ask him whether different colours could be included in the initial batch quote but I assume so.

Let me know by commenting below.

cheers
That’s a great deal - I went to my local Signarama last week and nearly had a heart attack when I got a written quote for just the bonnet ^ …. $396.00 incl. GST‼️
I kept searching and found another vehicle signage shop - I must have struck them at exactly the right time and mood - they were waiting for some fleet vehicles to arrive and had some off cuts of exactly the correct colour wrap. They cut it out and installed it on the spot. Again, I nearly had a heart attack from shock - ”Ten bucks will do”! I couldn’t believe it - gave them $20 for being so good and they said it should last at least 5 years. Doesn’t matter for that price!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Let me know by commenting below.

cheers
Forum Friends.

Signarama just came back with a written quote and confirmed that for $600 we get 20 sets, with each set containing 1 x big & 1 x small V.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
Interesting, thank you.

But shipping around half the planet will likely destroy any savings. 🤷‍♂️

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Count me in, thank you.

Red set.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
Interesting, thank you.

But shipping around half the planet will likely destroy any savings. 🤷‍♂️
I shipped some decals to both the US and Oz, the postal costs (from UK) were identical to sending to Belgium or Germany ~ just £2.20. Might be worth exploring more?

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Forum Friends.

Great idea.. Please count me in for a set of Red.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Me too, please

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are many shades of "red".
Is there a DIN or ISO standard for the Ineos "red" that anyone is aware of?
I think so (maybe a RAL colour) but DCPU asked Ultimate Automotive (who do the wraps etc for INEOS) to match the red when he did the UK group buy a few months ago.

I will put you down for 1 set??

Back
Top Bottom