The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australian Group Buy - Red V

MikeF

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
I took my Grenadier to Signarama in Melbourne today to investigate & price up lettering for the V's.

They do high quality vinyl wrap, including signage of all shapes & sizes, for trucks/automobiles/motorbikes etc.

Spoke to owner about creating a large & small V for our cars in auto vinyl in red. He said it would "easily last 5 years".

He looked at the Grenadier and took some initial measurements (but would need to perform more accurate measurements to produce the lettering).

So - is there interest in a GROUP BUY. I am happy to organise & post out.

He offered to produce 10 sets (1 x large & 1 x small V) for $600 but said if we want more then his price will be lower per letter set.

Signarama just came back with a written quote and confirmed that for $600 we get 20 sets, with each set containing 1 x big & 1 x small V.

That is $30 per set (plus postage) if get 20 forum members.

Maybe the lettering can be obtained cheaper but this is the first vendor I have seen (based on the post by Acrah yesterday.

I forgot to ask him whether different colours could be included in the initial batch quote but I assume so.

UPDATE:
Thanks to DCPU I have been in touch with Ultimate Automotive in the UK (who do Wraps/PPF/Lettering/Graphics, including for INEOS). UA has already done a set of V's for a group buy.

They are sending me a quote for 20 sets & it should be a little cheaper than $30 a set, even taking into accounting postage from the UK.

Let me know if you want to particpate by indicating/commenting below.

cheers
+1, here, thanks

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I could be wrong about this style of decal...but I have had experience with 3m product decals we used water and detergent mix sprayed onto the surface you are applying to then moved the decal around until in the right place and all lined up...then squeegeed them to remove the moisture and then the backing sheet...not hard if these decals are the same ;)
I put 3M door sill clear protectors on a few days ago and that's exactly the process: spray water with a bit of soap then film on top.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Forum Friends.

Signarama just came back with a written quote and confirmed that for $600 we get 20 sets, with each set containing 1 x big & 1 x small V.

I’d like a set, but white
understand if not possible, also if theres a small extra charge that;s ok.
happy to add a few bucks if youre including some 3m door sill clear in the order, did you use the ‘helicopter’ tape that seems to be in the uk but not here?

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’d like a set, but white
understand if not possible, also if theres a small extra charge that;s ok.
happy to add a few bucks if youre including some 3m door sill clear in the order, did you use the ‘helicopter’ tape that seems to be in the uk but not here?
For door sill protection I have used this clear Gorilla tape from Bunnings. At 48mm it's wide enough to apply next to the outside edge of the plastic tread then wrap around the rounded sill edge where most of the scuffing occurs. I applied two layers on the driver's side. Can't see it unless you are looking for it. An 8m roll for $20 will last me a while.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I took my Grenadier to Signarama in Melbourne today to investigate & price up lettering for the V's.

They do high quality vinyl wrap, including signage of all shapes & sizes, for trucks/automobiles/motorbikes etc.

Spoke to owner about creating a large & small V for our cars in auto vinyl in red. He said it would "easily last 5 years".

He looked at the Grenadier and took some initial measurements (but would need to perform more accurate measurements to produce the lettering).

So - is there interest in a GROUP BUY. I am happy to organise & post out.

He offered to produce 10 sets (1 x large & 1 x small V) for $600 but said if we want more then his price will be lower per letter set.

Maybe the lettering can be obtained cheaper but this is the first vendor I have seen (based on the post by Acrah yesterday.

I forgot to ask him whether different colours could be included in the initial batch quote but I assume so.

UPDATE:
Thanks to DCPU I have been in touch with Ultimate Automotive in the UK (who do Wraps/PPF/Lettering/Graphics, including for INEOS). UA has already done a set of V's for a group buy.

They are sending me a quote for 20 sets & it should be a little cheaper than $30 a set, even taking into accounting postage from the UK.

Let me know if you want to particpate by indicating/commenting below.

cheers
Pardon my ignorance but where would the v's go exactly.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know whether there are any stickers for the rear tyre cubby. See image below 👇. Looks good 😊

Screenshot_20230914_201345_Facebook.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Do you know whether there are any stickers for the rear tyre cubby. See image below 👇. Looks good 😊

View attachment 7826834
I think all the UK dealers are fitting FOC a corporate plastic spare wheel cover with the dealers name and Ineos Grenadier name. So if in the UK you'll have to choose whether to dump it first in favour of the red A

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
My decal supplier advised against it after looking at the finish on the plastic. He certainly would guarantee the normal decals staying on for any length of time

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For door sill protection I have used this clear Gorilla tape from Bunnings. At 48mm it's wide enough to apply next to the outside edge of the plastic tread then wrap around the rounded sill edge where most of the scuffing occurs. I applied two layers on the driver's side. Can't see it unless you are looking for it. An 8m roll for $20 will last me a while.
Gorilla is cheaper than the 3M product specifically shaped for doors sills. I think it was $45 at auto shops - this included 4, 2 longer pieces and 2 shorter.

I still needed to cut it lengthways (as its too wide) and that allowed me to put double strips on the front sills.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not that it matters I suppose, but @grenadierboy are you now getting them from Signarama or from Ultimate in the UK??

And are they dry fit or wet fit?

Cheers.
waiting on quote from Ultimate (inc. postage) but ultimate did the UK 15 set group buy and was cheaper. If I apply same rates that the UK group got charged, then it should/could be around $20 a set plus aussie letter post - peanuts!

Don't think its wet.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ultimate Auto UK, (does all the Grenadier wrapping etc. & did UK Forum members V group buy) has given a price for set of red V's. (no UK postage to me yet but probably not be material). No one-off colours in their price.

Currently, 19 members have indicated they are taking a set (1 x large V for the small back door & 1 x small V for the engine bonnet).

Price will be $21 per set + Aust postage.

I WILL GIVE ULTIMATE THE GREEN LIGHT ON MONDAY - SO ANY ONE ELSE WANTS A SET PLEASE LET ME KNOW THIS WEEKEND !!

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
I would love a set too please, that is if I’m not too late 😉
Cheers
Pedro

Back
Top Bottom