The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australian Group Buy - Red V

Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
Coming in late....

I think all the spots are taken but if any drop off... or there is a second order I'd be in.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Coming in late....if any drop off or there is a second order I'd be in.
OK - no problems - you will be #5 on the wait list.

I have not yet received them yet, probably next week and then I will request those that nominted for a set to confirm and pay.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK - no problems - you will be #5 on the wait list.

I have not yet received them yet, probably next week and then I will request those that nominted for a set to confirm and pay.
Thanks to @grenadierboy for the group buy. Looks like he secured a good price.

I used my local sign shop. They do vinyl vehicle signage, PPF, etc. For A$85 fitted I got the rear door and bonnet done plus some clear PPF applied to the raised area of the rear door to protect it from boot scuffs when climbing on the ladder. Cost me more than the group price, but the installation was done by them and I got the clear panel also. Look close at the pic. A very neat job.
So if you missed out on this group buy don't abandon your local shop. They will appreciate your business.

Attachments

• PXL_20231009_055706474.jpg
    PXL_20231009_055706474.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 39

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks to @grenadierboy for the group buy. Looks like he secured a good price.

I used my local sign shop. They do vinyl vehicle signage, PPF, etc. For A$85 fitted I got the rear door and bonnet done plus some clear PPF applied to the raised area of the rear door to protect it from boot scuffs when climbing on the ladder. Cost me more than the group price, but the installation was done by them and I got the clear panel also. Look close at the pic. A very neat job.
So if you missed out on this group buy don't abandon your local shop. They will appreciate your business.
Out of curiosity @grenadierboy are the decals you ordered cut to only sit in the flat area as per the ones @Clark Kent got in the pic, or made to rise up the edge as well??

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received the 25 sets of V's from the UK today on ORACAL Premium Wrapping Cast 970.

I didn't receive any application instructions but here is a link to the ORACAL websit for vehicle wrapping: https://www.orafol.com/products/europe/en/application-instructions/Information_CarWrapping_EN.pdf

After preping the paint, the ORACAL 970 Rapid Air Cast is not a wet application.

Cost:
The purchase cost per set (1 large & 1 small) is $17.50 plus postage distribution within Australia, if all 25 sets are taken. (there are 6 forum members waiting on standby, so I will assume all will be sold).

Local post office advised the best postage to protect the vinyl letters was a Rigid style envelope ($1.79) plus postage to anywhere in Australia ($2.40); thus $4.19 in total. (This is without tracking; tracking is another $8.20).

Thus total cost is, say, $22 each set.

Can the Forum members who have indicated they want a set please send me an email (mark.evans8@icloud.com) ASAP to confirm yes or no and if yes, with your postal address and I will send back my bank account details for payment.

cheers

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received the 25 sets of V's from the UK today on ORACAL Premium Wrapping Cast 970.

I didn't receive any application instructions but here is a link to the ORACAL websit for vehicle wrapping: https://www.orafol.com/products/europe/en/application-instructions/Information_CarWrapping_EN.pdf

After preping the paint, the ORACAL 970 Rapid Air Cast is not a wet application.

Cost:
The purchase cost per set (1 large & 1 small) is $17.50 plus postage distribution within Australia, if all 25 sets are taken. (there are 6 forum members waiting on standby, so I will assume all will be sold).

Local post office advised the best postage to protect the vinyl letters was a Rigid style envelope ($1.79) plus postage to anywhere in Australia ($2.40); thus $4.19 in total. (This is without tracking; tracking is another $8.20).

Can the Forum members who have indicated they want a set please send me an email (mark.evans8@icloud.com) ASAP to confirm yes or no and if yes, with your postal address and I will send back my bank account details for payment.

cheers
Yes, email sent.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Cost:

cheers
email sent (y)
cheers

SEUSA Mark

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
I took my Grenadier to Signarama in Melbourne today to investigate & price up lettering for the V's.

They do high quality vinyl wrap, including signage of all shapes & sizes, for trucks/automobiles/motorbikes etc.

Spoke to owner about creating a large & small V for our cars in auto vinyl in red. He said it would "easily last 5 years".

He looked at the Grenadier and took some initial measurements (but would need to perform more accurate measurements to produce the lettering).

So - is there interest in a GROUP BUY. I am happy to organise & post out.

He offered to produce 10 sets (1 x large & 1 x small V) for $600 but said if we want more then his price will be lower per letter set.

Signarama just came back with a written quote and confirmed that for $600 we get 20 sets, with each set containing 1 x big & 1 x small V.

That is $30 per set (plus postage) if get 20 forum members.

Maybe the lettering can be obtained cheaper but this is the first vendor I have seen (based on the post by Acrah yesterday.

I forgot to ask him whether different colours could be included in the initial batch quote but I assume so.

UPDATE:
Thanks to DCPU I have been in touch with Ultimate Automotive in the UK (who do Wraps/PPF/Lettering/Graphics, including for INEOS). UA has already done a set of V's for a group buy.

They are sending me a quote for 20 sets & it should be a little cheaper than $30 a set, even taking into accounting postage from the UK.

Let me know if you want to particpate by indicating/commenting below.

cheers
I’d absolutely be interested. Atlanta, GA, USA here.

SEUSA Mark

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Then organise a USA Group buy! A UK and Australian one have already occurred.
Well, I would however we have no actual owners in the USA yet. Other parts of the world have had their Grenadiers for years.

Demand would be exceptionally low until deliveries start in mid 2024. I thought ordering and having the items sent out via post from others who already have put in the research would be a more efficient than re-inventing the wheel for interested US buyers.

Local time
Reaction score
I think so (maybe a RAL colour) but DCPU asked Ultimate Automotive (who do the wraps etc for INEOS) to match the red when he did the UK group buy a few months ago.

I will put you down for 1 set??
Please put me down for one set. Don’t have my car as yet but should be soon and was hoping to add red decals so this is just perfect.

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom