The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Genealogy

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here does any genealogy work.

I do some as a hobby. I took over from my grandmother about 18 years ago after she passed. Not sure how she was able to gather the information she did since Ancestry and the other online services weren't even a thing then. She also was home bound so couldn't get out to research at libraries, etc.

I've looked into some friends genealogies and found distant family connections. An old boss and I were 10th cousins once removed. This is odder only because he grew up outside Pittsburgh and most of my family is from outside Boston.

Needless to sa my ancestry is Irish, Swedish, English, and Scottish. My mothers side is mostly Irish but one branch goes back to the Mayflower, My Dad's side is Swedish on his paternal side and old Yankee and English Scottish on his maternal side.

I joke that it's good I have the Swede in there because it balances off all the inner turmoil of the Irish, English, and Scottish...😄

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Bumping this up…

If anyone has interest and has ancestors in New England I’d be happy to take ”MacGregor” out to get pictures (old homesteads, gravestones, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom