The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Warranty excluded when driving offroad or beside paved roads

AWo

Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
Funny....or not?

My friend owns a Jeep Gladiator.....he got his homokinetic joint from the drive shaft runind whiel driving in Morocco. He asked his Jeep Dealer for a new one but after looking at his car it was rejected. It looks like being used offroad....

Then he checked his terms of warranty and found a praise for Jeep because of its 70 years old history of building 4x4's just to find the folllowing (translated by me) sentenses as a warranty exclusion on page 20:

- When the car is used for racing, rallye, speed or marathon races or testing purposes (ok, that's fine, but) and offroad driving and driving on non-official roads.

20240126_184519.jpg

That's a joke, isn't it?

Is there something similar in the terms of warranty of cars you know?

AWo

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
Most warranties have exclusions for racing etc. Bit sad if jeep explicitly excludes off road driving!

The owners manual of the Grenadier has a bunch of warranty exclusions in section 2.8 (including “Damage or other wear arising from racing, track days, off-road trials, other competition, or events.”) but, as you’d expect, nothing that would exclude off-roading being covered.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
Off-road trials is a competition matter, so I'm ok with such an exclusion.

But "driving in Morocco" like in the Jeep case above is just driving abroad. On the regular roads they have.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
Generally I assume most Warranty items will not be taken care of. They always seem to have an out. Toyota, Ram, Nissan seems like all they warranted were recalls or SOME obvious, known defects. And as for those extended warranties? Not a chance.

Back
Top Bottom